[REL] Grimarillion v90d

I’ve given this a second go to see if there was anything I was leaving out. Overhauled the devotion set-up to give me Tree of Life to heal my pets, different equipment to better emphasize Vitality damage. It doesn’t help. For sure, they can more easily beat vanilla Nemeses like Fabius, but Corrupted Nymphs simply don’t do enough damage against the new Nemeses like Kaisan before he simply wipes the field. I tried SR65 five times and failed all of them, with some of the runs dying in the exploration shards due to the placement of Diablo Nemeses (which are on a completely different level from Grim Dawn Nemeses, so take all my problems above and raise it even more).

My suggestion - since the weapon is gearing towards Corrupted Nymph where Nature class has no Vitality RR - is either remove the -50% total damage mod all together or give the Corrupted Nymph transmuter a chock full of flat Vitality damage as Nature already has a +Crit and +Total Damage Modifier buff for the Sylvan already.

I’ve tried a few dummy tests to see how much damage the Nymphs are doing. The highest damage I’ve seen was around 2.5 crits for only 8K damage. That’s Skeleton-level damage, and you don’t have the excuse that you’re using 10-12 of them. Sylvan Nymph damage needs to be upped significantly.

Out of the GQ pet builds I’ve tried, Nature Wolves are OP with the new GQ set, Nymphs are too weak, Force of Nature is great. Spirit pets are pathetic with the exception of the Outsider and maybe Bone Fiend, if I’m being generous. Earth’s Core Dweller and Storm’s Winter Sprite work surprisingly well paired together, but having tried it in SR, the same problem applies: you have no way to keep your pets from dying, and you end up having available to you 2% of your DPS at least 50% of the time because the multiple bosses gimp your pets before they can do anything. Dream pet I’m not optimistic on in terms of how much damage it does, but the Master Mind buff is really nice now.

I’ll make sure to post the builds in my Compendium so you can see where the pets shine and where they’re lacking.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Aspiring modders’ thoughts

Greetings,

@ASYLUM101 I’ve got an odd bug in a brand new game. The image shows items in my inventory, but they’re not actually there. I cannot select any of them and hovering over doesn’t even present the description…

Edit: the items appear to be in the inventory in some manner. When I hover over gear that can use any of the components that I can’t select, the components light up like normal.

Summary

Does using the auto sort butto move them? It may fix the issue.

That did it. Thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like
v75a Changelog

Items:
*Fixed an issue with Rift Stone and Chipped Claw still having partials.
*Fixed an issue where the skillful crafting recipes were cheaper than intended. (i removed the component requirements for testing, forgot to readd them)
*Fixed an issue where one of the affixes for the skillful rings had an invalid skill bonus.
*Onuris Spear now unlocks the ability to use Rupture with spears.
*Fixed an issue where the Divine Ordu Composite Bow mesh was missing.
*Bumped Sigil of Bast’s health scaling, should put it at 18k hp from 15.4k at level 100.
*New set added, Armament of the Fiery Legion
Storm:
Squall:
*Adjusted some stuff so it is no longer considered as a pet, functionally should be more or less the same.

Spirit
Strands of Fate:
*Increased regen and all damage ranks 1-10. All Damage scaling increased slightly beyond rank 10.
*Increased total speed scaling.

Skeletal Soldier:
*Replaced physical damage with cold, replaced bleeding damage with flat vitality.

Skeletal Soldier - Unrelenting Dead:
*Replaced physical resist bonus with elemental resist.

Bone Fiend:
*Replaced physical damage with cold.

Lich King:
*Soul blight skill adjusted, removed % HP reduction, but added base damage and weapon damage. RR Reduced at high levels, reduced at low levels. (12-30 from 8-45) Soul Blight projectile changed to be similar to Spectral Bolt.
*Adjusted the AI.
*Adjusted the projectile for the basic attack, should now be more accurate and easier to hit targets in buildings.

Dark Covenant:
*Removed flat cold damage bonus.
*Removed active health cost.
*Added flat energy cost.
*Increased radius to 20m.

Dark Covenant - Unearthly Power:
*Replaced flat vitality damage with cold.
*Removed active health cost.
*Added flat energy cost.

Spirit Ward:
*Added 12m radius.
*Added active cost.
*Reduced reserve scaling slightly.

Spirit Ward - Spirit Bane:
*Adjusted flat aether damage.
*Added % Cold and % Frostburn
*Added energy reserve + active cost.

Nature:
Sylvan Nymph - Corrupt Nymph:
*Replaced bleeding damage with vitality decay.

Dream:
Nightmare:
*Removed vitality damage from basic attack, re evaluated damage numbers. (big buff)
*Hypnotic Gaze now deals damage in short wave in front of the nightmare. Added flat chaos, vitality, decay, and weapon damage. Confusion flattened to 1 second, damage reduction removed.

MEGA
Nexus

Same deal as usual, drag and drop into your grim dawn/mods folder, remove the old one first to be safe. Also back up your characters, to be safe.

1 Like

Hello ASYLUM101.
I am glad to see that you keep up to date this mod,time to play GD again , almost a year since the last time i played GD in general. Now because of the Covid19 i have at least 15 days to enjoy video games .
And also i want to create my own mod from scratch , not a big project just some minor changes and i would apreciate if you give me some advice about the following:
1 - Creating a single difficulty where all the shrines and quests are avaible + increasing the Devotion points from 55 to 70 ,also adding some shrines in some areas .
2 - All shrines to be desecrated like the Mogdrogen Shrine(Material Requirements and monster Spawn )
3 - Make act 1 - 2 Veteran difficulty ,act 3 Elite , and from act 4 to be ultimate(If Possible).
4 - Increasing the hero spawns and the exp so at the end of the game to be almost max lvl.
5 - Modifying some quests to be avaible in that unique difficulty ( more atribute points and skill points to compensate ,Lutra Quest, Path of the 3 … )

I want to create a mod like this because i like to complete ,map,quests,shrines one time not to be obligated to change the difficulty to gain the atribute points , skill points some quest give,devotion ponts and also the quests that are restricted to ultimate .

I have no idea about modding and the only thing i did for the moment was to read the tutorial witch gave me the impresion that i need to copy the base game files and modify them(No idea what should i copy,what to modify and how to modify them).

Just finished downloading the new Grimarillion update, Great Job and thank you .

Updated the Rainbow File for Grimarillion v75a.

2 Likes

Hi, I am having an issue with a crafting recipe. Ellena’s necklace does not register when attempting to craft LeviathanZE.

Here is the screenshot:

You don’t have to play through the game multiple times anymore. Idk when the last time you played was but you can buy merits in the Forgotten Gods region to give to low level characters and it allows them to skip difficulties and gain some quest rewards from the previous difficulties.

It’s an old blueprint recipe from before AOM, it doesn’t work with 75+ versions of the necklace.

To be honest most of what you want is already in the vanilla game/Grimarillion. As Asylum101 said with the Forgotten Gods expansion you can now get merit tokens for other characters to use so they can skip straight to either Elite or Ultimate difficulty (with the relevant resistance penalties of course). You also get all the attribute/skill points you’d get from doing the quests on the lower difficulties.

All shrines Grimarillion are already desecrated ones and with FG there are now 157 in total across all difficulties: 59 on Ultimate alone so you can get all 55 devotion points with one playthrough.

With Zeke from the Grimmest mod in Grimarillion you can up the difficulty so can easily reach L100 long before the end of the game. It’s possible even in the vanilla game with both expansions.

v75b Changelog

Items:
*Fixed an issue where the where pieces from Armament of the Legion weren’t added to the loottable.
*Added a new set, Kallixenia’s Memento’s. Also added it to the loottable :wink:

Dream:
Astral Rift:
*Now gains an additional summon at rank 24.

Spirit:
Skeletal Soldiers:
*Now always spawn with a weapon, starting from level 1. This is purely aesthetic, the weapons add no damage.
*Now always spawn with a shield, starting from level 1. The shields are mostly aesthetic, they only allow the skeletons to use “Shield Smack”.
*Skeletons will now use Shield Smack starting from level 1, down from level 5.
*Now have a flat amount of life leech per attack that scales with player level.
*Increased movement speed slightly.

Skeletal Soldiers - Unrelenting Dead:
*Elemental resist added for real this time.

Lich King:
*Added 10% life steal to spectral bolt.

Nature:
Call of the Wild - Strength of the Pack:
*Added flat physical retaliation damage.

Hunting:
Sky Shot Salvo:
*Reduced cooldown to 4.5 seconds.

Heart of Oak:
*Increased pet % HP scaling. Now scales up to 62% at max rank, 120% at ultimate.

Warfare:
Ancestral Horn:
*Now gains an additional summon at rank 24.

Earth:
Earthen Carapace:
*Now also grants health regeneration to pets.

Earthen Carapace - Immovable:
*Now also grants health and regeneration to pets.

Volativity:
*Now also grants a chance for all damage for pets.

MEGA
Nexus

3 Likes

Thank you Asylum101

First - I wanted to create a mod to satisfy my needs (Stil working on it one hour a day and i apreciate advice from anyone who wants to help me,)
Second - Had an old version of GD and had no idea about the expansion and the “Merits” ,nice stuff .
Third - I realized i had to update the game after downloading the Grimarillion Mod :woozy_face:

Not knowing about the new things in the expansion and mod made me start learning how to create my own mod.
I added new rewards to some quests,Ex Kasparovs first 3 quests give each one as a reward 1 skill point and the Formula quest give Atribute reset potion.For now i modified 9 quests in act 1 , 6 in act 2 and 1 in act 3 .Some of them give Mandates and some give exp potions.

Devotion limit increased to 70
The shrines i did not wanted to be all desecrated and what i did was to add more requirements to the ruined ones. Some of the ruined shrines give 1 devotion but are easy to restore , some give 2 devotion points but more stuff required to restore and some give 3 witch are harder to restore.The desecrated ones give 2 points all.

Made 2 ultimate/elite quests avaible to normal .

And now i have to figure out how to increase the hero/champion spawns in game , modify the exp for character(At the end of the game to be around 90 ),factions and the items drop.
Think i have to modify stuff in gameengine.dbr :thinking:

BTW Thank you Asylum an Medea for you responses and like i said earlier any advice is greatly apprecieted

PS just saw a video with a guy that has the expansion and in his quick run he had to restore the shrines in normal - some in Elite and after started Ultimate.My point is to make a difficulty, in this case the Normal one, chalanging enogh and all the stuff avaible for completing all the quests ,map,devotion etc .Some things already exist some not but what i know is that i am happy with what i did in 3 days and having fun creating my mod :grin:

People often skip up to Ultimate and then go back to Normal/Elite to grab shrines quickly because all the riftgates on those difficulties are opened so you can reach many of them very quickly. As said there are enough shrines on Ultimate to get all 55 points, but grabbing the early ones gives you a headstart on the devotion side when you’re up against the harder difficulty of Ultimate. It’s not a case of they have to, they choose to play it that way. In a similar way some players will start in the Crucible game mode and spend the tributes they get there on buying devotion points, again to get a headstart on those before they begin the main campaign.

Thanks for the observation Medea :+1:
Think they want to create powerfull builds faster , end game faster and do no care to much about the story and all the quests,killing and smashing with lots of farming (More of one time boss kill & one time exploring an area if not neded more times for a quest).Diablo II was/is the only game that i finished in all difficulties and no other. The mode i made is called StraightLine , i made it with the purpose of being chalenging &rewarding but not to far from the original game (I wont add more stash space or inventori space because what i intend is to play the character with finded items and crafted ones).
Also from what i saw on the forum there are some tools/software/program that stores items in a DataBase so you can use it later , never used that kind of stuff if not neded,in TitanQuest i had to use the defiler and vault to recreate some lost builds and no more .

There are alot of changes witch i do not know about ,it was a time when i was interested in reading the change log for the games but now not so much,playing and discovering along the way.

Asylum101, a problem with the new stash layout on the transfer side with 75b. I don’t seem to have installed 75a so don’t know if that’s causing the problem. Checked ingame before I downloaded and it was v75, now the latest installation is 75b.

The first bag is fine, but subsequent bag contents are overlapping into the inventory bag section.

Plus items that do overlap into that area can’t be picked up and moved.

I had the same problem just auto arrange stash should fix it.

Yes, it did, thanks Pierre. :+1: