[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Thank you for your help. I will get those programs and do your advice. I believe I can get it to work with a bit of effort.
I will let everyone know how it goes.

Again, I am sorry for being so crazy. It’s just, I freaked out so much because I’ve never been this freaked out by a change before. I’m not normally like this.
I promise you that.

the programs come with Grim Dawn (they are in the install dir), as is the ‘Grim Dawn Modding Guide.pdf’ which describes how to set up AssetManager (and first modding steps), but is outdated as far as specifying the directories is concerned, as it does not take the expansions into account

EDIT: I set the dirs in AssetManager as follows

Working Directory C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\working
Build Directory C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn
Tools Directory C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\

Additional Browse Directories C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\gdx1;C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\gdx2
Additional Source Directories C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\working\mods\gdx1;C:\GOG Games\Grim Dawn\working\mods\gdx2\

This might help… the important bit is the content of the Additional dirs, the first three you can more or less set however you want (or the guide recommends, which is different from what I have)

Okay. I can’t for the life of me figure out how to do anything with the Asset Manager at all.

Uh. Okay. That was weird. While trying to fiddle with the Asset Manager, I managed to get it to load the mod change. Weird. It took a lot of work just to make it kind of work.
Now I think I can compile it.

I mean, I keep getting Can’t load template errors.
So, I don’t know what the heck.

Follow the modding guide, it describes what to do (minus the additional dirs…)

I’m sorry, but I tried. It does not work.
I can’t get anything to work. There’s just nothing.
Period.
The guide literally tells me nothing. I’m not even joking. It literally does not even explain what I need to do in it. At all.
I really think I just need someone else to do the compiling. Because it will not work for me. Period. Can someone please help me out. Think of it like helping the Arachnophobia people.
Someone made something to help people with Arachnophobia out for this game.
To me, it is like a phobia. I guess. I don’t know how to describe my reaction.
But I really need someone to make this compiling for me.
Because I just can’t get it to work.
:frowning:

The guide is walking you through the steps… if that is not good enough, try [Script][Basics]Modding Beginner's Guide I
or use Google

Someone else compiling it for you is only marginally better than you using the previous version, as you will have to repeat this for every new version… so if someone does it once but not thereafter you are again stuck on one version you cannot upgrade from, it just happens to be the next higher version than what you would be stuck at right now

The obvious solution that’s easiest is to back up your characters and delete the installation of this mod and install a former version. Find the latest that had the old stash/inventory format and stick with that. You don’t get the updates but you’ll have the version you like in that at least. Many people often play earlier versions of a mod because it’s their favorite, there’s no shame it that. It appears they are all available at the top of this page…

The only other advice I can offer is to eat healthy natural food and possibly lower your meat intake. Perhaps your brain will heal a bit if at all possible. Anything outside of fruits and vegetables is a strain on your body and can cause unhealthy cell structures and inefficiencies as well as reduce overall lifespan and quality of life.

Asylum doesn’t own you anything.They don’t do this for money.They do it for us non modders.If you ever played a mod of Asylum then you would know he’s straight forward.Either do it yourself or learn how to.There’s a whole forum full og tutorial.Hell im almost 38 and teach myself how to write a game.Your never to old to learn :+1:

You can get the missing templates here, under Misc Files

place them in the templates dir you / AssetManager extracted the GD data to

I.e. the database\templates subdir of the working dir you specified

Good news, everyone! I managed to finally get the compiling to work, and have successfully removed the expanded inventory.
So, now I know how to do it without too much effort.

Mostly by blind luck, but still. I did get it to work.
So no more craziness from me.

And I am sorry for how I was acting. That is not the normal me.
We can say that was my evil twin, Divad. :stuck_out_tongue:

Between the modding guide describing how to set up Asset Manager and my replies, here and to PMs, pretty much everything was covered. I am surprised you think it still took a lot of luck on top of that :wink:

In any case, congrats. Now you can do this whenever the next release drops (should only take maybe 5 min when you know what you are doing and everything is set up) and do not have to hope that someone is kind and patient enough to do it for each release and not get tired of it.

You are very kind Mamba. :slight_smile:

Well, it felt like luck to me at times. But yeah, it was with all your help for certain.

Hey, did this mod add those Savage Totems? Because I like them. They’re pretty cool.

Monster Totems will be in the mod since they’re part of the vanilla game. Grimarillion is all about masteries and items, it doesn’t change anything like that from the vanilla game.

Oh. I didn’t know they were a base game thing. MY bad. I don’t know when they were added to the base game, but they are pretty cool.

They’re a recent addition - update 1.1.6.0

Ah. Cool. They seem to give crazy amounts of rares, and a high chance of a blueprint.

Speaking of Blueprints, I can’t remember if this mod adds any that drop.

I like the extra stash size space, in fact to make myself squint less and enjoy the game more, i bought myself a new 27 inch monitor and tossed out my old 20 inch. Asylum is one of the best masteries modders of Grim Dawn. If u fiddle around with the items in gdstash as much as i do, you can see the effort he puts in his TQ mastery mod. I love how the skills change color and looks when you transmute the element of the skill like some skills in the main game and it took the devs some time to even come up with it i believe. I love the Divine Helios set ,better then Ghol’s :stuck_out_tongue: . I just wish sometimes Asylum would not remove old skills, i miss the Spectral Hunters from Hunting although Sky Shot Salvo is amazing.

2 Likes

If you have Grimmer and Grimmest really turned up, the totems are inconsequential. I really enjoy them on alcoholics :slight_smile: