[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Please update the mod :slight_smile:

Regarding combining components: You can right click them as if you were going to put it on a piece of gear and then click the other component in your inventory and then you should have a stack of two. I think Grim Internals does this automatically because mine have been getting combined without having to do this.

I ran into a problem but I think it is from Grim Quest and not this mod.

I am trying to make the Skyfire Effigy relic and it requires the Dark Core relic to make it. I am sure I don’t have every blueprint in the game but can anyone confirm to me that the Dark Core relic is actually in the game? (I guess it could be from a specific vendor, smithy, or quest chain but there is very little on the net about this relic)

I’d like to suggest cooperation with the dawn of masteries mod. You both do almost exactly the same thing, it would be super nice and user friendly to have both mods combined, instead of separate games.

the Satyr can craft it, he knows the blueprint

This won’t happen, simply because there is a limit of 40 masteries, so I cannot add Zenith to DoM

1 Like

Oh, thats pretty interesting. I wonder why a limit like that. Shame though, but thanks for the reply.

Thank you very much Mamba! I was getting super frustrated. I thought I had looked at his stuff but I must have been thinking it was a component at first and didn’t see it on him. I see it there now under the relics tab.

How is the 40 masteries cap hard coded into the game? I assume since nobody has ever changed it to a higher number then it must be something pretty deep and would break a lot of stuff if you changed it. I bet they never thought that people would ever need more masteries than that. (It is weird that it isn’t a multiple of 2 though. Like 32 or 64. On the surface it would look like it could be increased because it isn’t either of those two numbers)

Concerning that limit and the Zenith classes, what are folks thoughts on removing the Zenith masteries from the mod? The lack of gear support and whatnot often makes me not want to play them at all. Just an idea to allow for replacing those mastery slots!

Well, if you remove them, what do you replace them with ?

At that point you basically do end up with Dawn of Masteries… not that Asylum is likely to replace them

@ASYLUM101
I’m running a TQ Battlemage (Warfare + Earth) and I’ve ran into an issue where Ruthless Assault does not trigger if the attack that crits is another WPS.

Heres how to reproduce: I have 6 points each in Hew, Cross Cut, and Tumult, as well as 3 points in Immolate and 9 points in Abyssal Rampage for 100% WPS proc chance. Using Onslaught as my attack skill, I can hit the training dummy for minutes and never see the Ruthless Assault effect play around the dummy despite critting all the while. Once I refund the points out of my WPS skills, then Ruthless Assault triggers every time I crit.

Hope this helps!

The mastery limit used to be 30 until us modders bugged Crate enough for them to increase it. They could probably increase it again if they wanted, but there is nothing we can do on our end to address it ourselves.

Or you could clone Grimarillion and replace the current masteries with new ones keeping the base masteries as usual?

Then why even clone it instead of starting from scratch…

That wouldn’t even be Grimarillion then, what would be the point?

Create a launcher that asks you which masteries you want, then have it build those masteries before the game launches. Each time you could set the masteries you wanted for a current character, and then the Grim Dawn limit of masteries wouldn’t matter.

My original idea was to create a second set of masteries, like a version two of this mod. I think it would be Grimmarillion, it depends on how you define it. It would have all the other mods that made it Grimmarilion.

There’s no way such a thing would work lmao

But since you came up with the idea, let us know how progress goes on creating it. :wink:

In theory it is possible. Include all masteries in the arz, update the references to the masteries and the button positions in the dbrs (plus mastery enumaration and combo-names) based on which ones get chosen and then build a new arz from that.

I won’t bother creating that tool, but if someone wants to give it a shot…

v75 Changelog

Misc:
*More mastery selection screen construction.
*Updated the Caravaner mod to the latest version.

Devotion Shrines:
*Burial Hills shrine changed to spawn aetherial enemies instead of slith.

Items:
*Shield of Permathryn - Poison retaliation is now always applied, no longer 10% chance to trigger.
*Divine Artemis Hunting Girdle - fixed an issue where the crit dmg bonus was missing.
*Divine Living Storm - fixed an issue where lightning bolt would crash the game while this was equipped.
*Greater Key of Elysium - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Greater Mantikhoras - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Golden Shield of Pelaron - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Sun Disc - fixed invalid skill issue.
*The Greg - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Mark of Ares - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Ring of Gaia - fixed invalid skill issue.
*Crafted GQ rings will now roll random skill bonuses instead of mastery bonuses.
*Crafted items except for staff had their mastery rolls reduced to 1 at high ranks. Legendary GQ items exist now, find them.
*Updated GQ Amulets (epic). If you are using any of these, they will probably be deleted. Make sure to use GDStash or something to get the new versions of these items.
*Added 9 5-piece GQ armor sets, with 1 variant. (75 & 94)
*Added 9 3-piece GQ armor sets, with 1 variant. (25 & 65)
*Jade set reworked, now a 3-piece set designed for nature mastery.
*Crystal set reworked, now a 3-piece set designed for storm mastery.
*Skillful set reworked, rings now grant +2 to random GQ skills and damage types relative to those skills, amulet now grants +1 to random GQ masteries and +2 to a specific buff skill within that mastery as well as one other random stat. Replaced all damage on set bonus with % cast/attack speed. Added another ring to the set and moved +1 to all skills 3 piece set bonus.
*Updated components from 1.1.6.0 changes.
*Replaced several relic mastery completion bonuses. (Most of these changes are bug fixes for skills that no longer exist. This is probably not retroactive)

Soldier:
Blade Arc:
*Updated to 1.1.6.0 values.

Arcanist:
Albrecht’s Aether Ray:

Shaman:
Primal Strike:

Primal Strike - Thunderous Strike:

Hunting:
Marksmanship - Puncture Shot Arrows:
*Physical damage is now dealt 100% of the time, damage adjusted accordingly

Nature:
Thorn Sprites:
*Added 20% Weapon Damage to the basic attack.

Thorn Sprite - Thorn Spray:
*Added 20-50% weapon damage.

Rogue:
Lay Trap:
*Another bugfix attempt… if this one fails too, the projectiles for poison trap will have to be changed. I didn’t want to but I seem to have little options at this point.

Dream:
Distortion Wave:
*Rebalanced flat damage values, swapped vitality decay for flat vitality.

Distortion Wave - Psionic Immolation:
*Replaced flat vitality damage with vitality decay.

Distortion Wave - Chaotic Resonance:
*Increased flat chaos damage.

Storm:
Winter Sprite:
*Fixed an issue where the game would crash if you had a Divine Code of Hammurabi equipped.

Legacy of Hades:
*Removed pet conversion.

Wrath of Zeus:
*Removed pet conversion.

Ice Shard:
*Replaced decay with frostburn.

Ice Shard - Velocity:
*Replaced frostburn with decay.

Ice Shard - Torrent:
*Replaced vitality modifier with cold modifier.

Breath of Boreas:
*Improved damage scaling at higher ranks.

Breath of Boreas - Mistral:
*Reduced DA Reduction duration from 5 seconds to 3 seconds. (DA reduction unchanged.)

Breath of Boreas - Thundering Typhoon:
*Added Crit Damage.
*All Damage replaced with cold, frostburn, and electrocute damage modifiers.

Earth:
Coredweller - Metamorphosis:
*Increased elemental resistance by 4 across all ranks.

Spirit:
Death Ward:
*Increased damage absorption at all ranks, now starts at 50% and scales up to 100%.

Lich King:
*Fixed an issue where the game would crash if you had a Divine Code of Hammurabi equipped.
*Added 25% Weapon damage to the basic attack.
*Reduced Pierce resist to 15%.
*Added 15% Physical Resistance.

Lich King - Death Nova:
*Fixed an issue where the vitality decay wasn’t working properly.

Lich King - Wraith Shell:
*Removed Energy Reserved.
*Adjusted physical resistance scaling, now starts at 10% but ultimate rank reduced by 3 (30%)
*Added elemental resistance, scaling from 10% - 40% by ultimate rank.

Bone Fiend:
*Reduced base physical resist to 17%.
*Increased base poison resist to 15%.

MEGA
Nexus

Simple drag and drop into your mods folder, maybe remove the old one first just in case.

4 Likes