[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Hi, i just tried out the sylvan nymph with the vitality damage transmuter. Normally these transmuters also change the subskills to match the damage conversion but natures wrath is still elemental damage. Ist this as intended?

Edit: Just realized that the Shikigami staff converts everything for the nymph so that is one option to avoid the issue.

Yep, it’s a mistake. A 0 should have been a 1.

Could the Shikigami perhaps become a permanent summon like the skeleton from the grimoire off-hand? As a pet build i just have to many skills in the hotbar. Perhaps make it a bit weaker in exchange.

hey,is there a way to turn off or remove only the stashed?

Hi
The mod is great and I love it!
There is one little thing left that would make it perfect for me - disabling level scaling (in the base game the enemies scale up to level 8 or something at the starting areas, now they seem to progress way further)

How do I disable this ? I’ve extracted the grimarillion database by now

Perhaps its in npc_grimmest_spawn.dbr charlevel ?

It’s more involved than that. In the records\prxoies dbrs, remove the line

difficultyLimitsFile,records/proxies/limit_unlimited.dbr,

There are a ton of files, so ideally find a way to automate it :wink:

So I’ve found a reply from the past from the mod author of Grimmest

“”"Every single proxy was modified giving the single field “difficultyLimitsFile” the value “records/proxies/limit_unlimited.dbr”.

To undo this, just download Grimmest source, delete all the proxy records (most of them live in records/proxies/area001) and rebuild, you should have everything but unlimited scaling.

Btw - proxy records spawn a monster, the proxy pools select which monsters to spawn and are attached to the actual “proxies” placed on the map. The proxy pools were manually modified in Grimmest but the proxies were just batch modified for this single change. So restoring the defaults (deleting these records from the mod) is the way to go. Do not manually edit each proxy…that would be madness."""

I am wondering if this could be a viable solution for Grimarillion ? Since Grimmest still has its own folder in the records

And by the way, how do I compile it all back ?
I’ve seen many references to your guide on Nexus’s page, but failed to find it :c

I thought they all also have an onAddToWorld line, but maybe that is a separate set of files. Can’t check right now, not near PC…

If they do not have that, you can indeed delete them.

As to how to compile, with AssetManager, won’t go into details… see modding guide, the forums and Google :wink:

Seems like they have onAddToWorld line in Scripts, but its a string and its empty (I have very little modding experience and 0 programming experience, just to clarify)

Does this mean I shouldn’t delete those ?

I don’t know what Native does, but perhaps it would work if I change the equation in limit_unlimited.dbr to the Native type, then the game would spawn enemies at the level that corresponds with their Native location
?

UPD: Seems like Native is not what I need, the idea of changing the equation remains though

Or perhaps I could delete limit_unlimited.dbr alltogether, then those files won’t have a reference, so they would have to take vanilla values ?

If onAddToWorld has no value, you can delete the entry

No idea what happens if the reference is not found.

As to the values in the dbr, from my trials all it accepts are numbers, not formulas (it ignores the formula part but takes the number from it)

So… The game just updated, would be great if we could continue enjoying this great mod! :slight_smile:

Then do so, there is nothing that stops you (any impact is absolutely minimal and irrelevant for your enjoyment / the functioning of the mod)

Hey just a quick question.My brothers coming to visit for the weekend so we will play some multiplayer.Who needs to speak to grimest npc?Both or just host?

My brother loves tq and he loves tq classes a lot.He never got around to playing this mod because of all the classes so i will teach him in the way of the Force :sunglasses:

The host, not sure what version of Grimmest Grimarillion includes, but anyone else should not even have the item to summon the NPC.

ah thank you.My brothers overwhelmed by dawn of masters so i will teach him grimmilions and later move to dom.