[REL] Grimarillion v90d

I have got a question ,is it possible ,if I will port some items (f.e. from Diablo 2 ,Soulvizier for TQIT or similar) and port will be good quality ,can I ask You to merge it also into Grimarillion? I want to start making it ,but I can’t imagine playing Grim Dawn without Grimarillion anymore :slight_smile:

Here is an item color coding file for Grimarillion v62a.
See here for usage. And be sure to delete an old version.

Edit:
October 10, Fixed incorrect name and description of two items.

Great stuff! thanks mate!

why is Preserver grey when Basinet is white ? I would expect both to be white as it is a common / white item (Preserver Basinet) ?

No problem :slight_smile: i just love this mod.My brother and I play it via lan and were having a blast cept when he rambo 10 bosses then it’s not funny anymore lol

I think so too, and in fact many items are displayed in white. However, I don’t know the reason, but some items are defined separately.

Basically, items of Grim Dawn are connected in the order of prefix / quality / style / name / suffix (written at the beginning of tags_items.txt). And on tagsgdx1_items.txt Preserver is defined as style in “#Itemstyles.” (in line 316)

The item filter author WareBare made the quality and style silver, so I followed it.

Just one question guys: Can the item filter cause crashes? I started getting game crashes every 1-2 hours ingame since yesterday when i installed it and i can’t identify yet what exactly is causing it :slight_smile:

That is very unlikely. Have you confirmed the normal display and this filter many times compared?

The program first looks at the text file in the localization folder and reads only that text file if there is a specified language there. Therefore, there is almost no increase in consumption memory. And this text file merely specifies the font color, and the item ID has not been changed.
From the above point, the cause of the crash should not be in this file.

But thanks, I noticed a little mistake. There was a discrepancy between the two item names and explanations, so I fixed them. Users using previous files should exchange with corrected files.

thank you for the answer, i thought so :slight_smile:

i think i found the cause, Eye of the storm Relic - ZE version, the aura or proc might be the cause, i’m running without the relic and haven’t had a crash in 1.5 hours, it was random between 5 and 20 minutes before

I have finished writing a draft on playing pet builds in Grimarillion using my experiences leveling my Nature + Monk character. It contains an overview of the new pet classes, perks unique to Grimarillion (Sartyr crafting for +1 skills, weapon components on rings), and things to watch out for when starting on Grimmest.

Who would be interested in such a guide? I was planning on using it as a stepping stone towards posting a full Grimarillion pet build compendium where I post all my pet builds and show the unique strengths of each of them (I have 7 complete builds right now - all of them taken from my legit character and respecced with GDStash to test the viability of each idea).

If anyone would like to collaborate and share their pet builds or wants me to test a particular theory to see if it’s viable, I’d love to experiment with new ideas.

With all of the classes offered in Grimillion I would love to see a thread dedicated to any builds players create for it. Make the first “Custom Game” Build Compendium.

Yeah, I’ve seen a few requests for such a thing on the Grim Dawn Mod channel in discord, so it’s probably a good idea.

i ended up quiting my chaoticist as i was getting crashes all the time and couldn’t figure out why.

I started a monk and i just noticed at the normal blacksmith many items and set items have 3k or 5k phisique or other stats requirements, i find it impossible to get that amount, is that requirement intended for all those blue and purple item crafting?

You’ll need some serious item attribute requirement reductions to equip those… Only one class allows you to do it, and it requires a shield

which class is that? so those requirements are intended?

Crusader is the class, and yes absolutely intended.

I’m not a technical person, but reading these threads it seems that my problem is not a “bug” but rather an error on my end. However, I am getting a lot of “tag not found” and “checkerboard item” errors. It seems that all of the spear-type items are checkerboards, my “swashbuckler” character shows “tag not found” at the start, and the expanded stash is jacked up.

The game is playable (and a lot of fun) with the mod-collection, but I’d like to resolve the visual mess the errors cause. I DO NOT have any of the DLC from the game and just purchased the original game on Steam. All files placed as shown in the instructions for the mod.

I am willing to remove all of the files for this game and Steam to reinstall if this will fix my issues, but don’t want to do this if the fix is easier than this (like move a few files to user data or something similar). Any direction would help. If this is not the place for such questions, please direct. Thanks for the mod and all the work that goes into maintaining it!

First and foremost, there are no guarantees that everything will work properly without AoM. Grimarilliom does not support vanilla, it’s impossible to support both properly for us as modders.

Anyway, just to make sure it’s not an installation issue… In-game you should also see a version number, what version does it say? Where did you install the mod to? If you can, show me a picture of the folder where the mod is installed. Then show me the contents of each mod folder.

Thanks. Used this as a “push” to purchase Aom and Crucible DLC. Thought part of the problem would be having only the vanilla version. Excited to have the new content.

This did resolve my issue with the stash. It looks great!

However, I do still have the problem with “tagnotfound” on the main menu screen for my character and the checkerboard issue with spear-types items (Angons, Pilums, Framea, etc.). I verified the game files via the Steam interface, but that did not resolve.

Version # is v62a. I believe this is the latest version(?).

Below are the folder pics you requested.

Thanks for the help! I really appreciate it.

Not sure about the spears as they work fine by me but the character tagnotfound usually happens when you first start up.When you load your character and quit to main menu it will give the correct name