[REL] Grimarillion v90d

No crashes, but a bug report: Rogue’s Summon Epolios’s transmuter that allows you to summon 3 demons with a 12 second lifespan does not work. There’s still a max of 1 demon summoned, even though the lifespan reduction is still there. Something must have happened to negate the 3 summon limit the transmuter should grant the skill.

Are there any other summon limit transmuters that are now broken?

I have Warfare transmuter, vanilla Necro transmuter, and Hunting transmuter. All of them work as intended. It’s just Rogue that has the problem.

OK thanks, looks like the patch broke the other spawnPetTransmuter file template…

ASYLUM101, hope you’ve already seen this https://steamcommunity.com/app/219990/discussions/0/3454730619116667120/

It’s more complicated than just adding bows and bow animations. Each weapon type has its own animation table. 2h melee, 2h ranged, 1h melee, 1h ranged, Dw melee, Dw ranged, spears and staves. Adding bows means I have to remove another weapon type.

Can’t remove 2h guns for obvious reasons.

That leaves spears and staves.

Spears prolly won’t work since it’s a melee weapon type, and it would be weird to share animations with 1h melee since that would also allow dual wielding spears.

Staves could work but it would mean removing staves as they currently are. Adding staves as 2h ranged would probably look OK with the animations but it would also allow stuff like inq wps with staves…

Hello, thanks for your works, it’s amazing.

Could you please simplify the names of the pets in nature ? The extra [~ detailed] of the wolves and sylvan is invasive when playing with GrimInternals, thanks you!

Don’t get rid of staves, please. :sweat_smile:

It’s a weapon type I was hoping the main game would use.

I’m kinda confused on why you’d need to remove a weapon type to add bows. “Each weapon type has its own animation table”. Does that mean there’s a hard limit on how many the game/mod supports?

IIRC, yes. Also, I think the devs can raise it, but then when you add new weapon types you’ve got to then tweak and rebalance the loot tables to account for the new weapon type. Then there’s the creation of new weapon animations.

Yes, there are limit on weapon types. And Asylum reached it by adding spears and staves. AFAIK, that limit is hardcoded similar to mastery slots.

Personally I wouldn’t mind to replace crossbows with bows, but, obviously, this is not optimal decision.
The best way is to replace daggers with spears and add bows instead of spears.
But, as Asylum have mentioned, it’s impossible to add ranged weapon to melee slot.
And I really doubt Crate add such slots. They have at least two unused ones for their needs.
But, as they say, the hope dies last…

The main issue with adding new weapon types (for crate) is that… they don’t need to. It’s problematic because of the wysiwyg system, if an enemy spawns with an item that it doesn’t have animations for… they have to add animations to that enemy or force it to drop from an orb or something instead. Same for the player, a new weapon type often times will mean new animation requirements. So it becomes this massive cascade of issues that makes it really difficult to add new weapon types.

I can see a few types that would be nice to have even if Crate only added it for mod support, but I don’t know if even wishful thinking will grant us that. Things like “punch” weapons (katar, tekko, cestus, etc), throwing weapons, bows, etc. The ability to create new animation sets would be great for this, especially since we now have access to the rigs to be able to create our own animation sets. Alas, just wishful thinking.

Removing crossbows/2h rifles anm is not an option. D3 masteries use these types of items atm and Grimarillion still supports vanilla masteries. Removing these would be detrimental to players who still want to play a vanilla class.

Dagger animations are the same as 1h melee animations.

These are the only available animation types.

Single handed = 1h dagger, scepter, sword, mace, axe, shield or not doesn’t matter but as long as they are one handed it will use these animations.

The rest should be fairly self explanatory I think.

slightly off topic… but before anyone asks, yes - I know there is a D3 mod update. Will get to it when I have time. Had the day off work today but I spent it redoing the insulation on the house.

So could you add wands as 1h ranged for TQ ?

For TQ? Or GQ?

IIRC I already added wands in ASYLUMSMOD for TQ, should be easy to do, even easier now that 1h ranged is a thing in TQAE. (throwing weapons) Just use the same anim and wpn template as the Throwing Weapons and use a rescaled staff or w/e you want, should work fine without having to replace anything.

GQ, somehow I thought we already had wands in TQ, but I must be mistaken there…

I just upgraded to v64 Ungrim and as far as I can tell it still has Grimmest mobs.

Someone posted around the March 5th with the same issue where it was said it was going to be looked into. I haven’t really seen an answer on this, maybe I missed it.

I played v63U for a couple of weeks instead of patching.
I upgraded tonight to V64U (Front Page File) and I was overrun with hero mobs just outside Homestead.
I just figured it was gonna be fixed by now, or were you going to wait until after the expansion comes out? I could just rollback to V63 until fixed.

Thanks for your work on this great mod, Ax

I mean, I could. The wands could use the mesh of a scaled down staff or a scepter/mace. They could use the template of a 1h ranged weapon (i.e. a pistol). They would kinda work, maybe the animation would look weird, but the staff already uses the 1h ranged animation and it’s… tolerable. But then you’ve got the issue of the “wands” being considered pistols and so will work with certain WPS as well as being dual wielded from pistol-based DW passives and there’s nothing I can do to restrict that.

@axfred

just play 63U for a bit more. I am still working on the fix for 64a which will include the D3 update and some other goodies.

Is there a way to edit the stash size? When I use the mod the stash form is too big for my screen and I am not able to take stuff off it?

Use the UI Scaling slider in the options menu.

hey, after i update the game my shared stash from this mod are gone, but my shared stash from the main game is still there. is there any way i fix this? or they all just gone and all i can do is cry to sleep?