[REL] Grimarillion v90d

You can edit your thread title yourself now Asylum101 so can keep that updated as you update the mod itself.

Yep, I keep forgetting. I have a ton of shit to update still but no fucks or time to do it.

Everything contained in the mod is in the description in the OP. As I mentioned to Medea, I donā€™t have the fucks or time to keep everything updated. Grimarillion is a compilation of other mods, so whatever the other mods have - so does Grimarillion, there is no master list of stuff.

Ok thanks, Iā€™ll see if I can set it up properly, I donā€™t fully understand everything about these forums yet.

Um, not sure whatā€™s going on here. Installed v68 and now I have a release world map as well as the Grimarillion one.

Using release seems to partially reset all my Grim characters - see this. First is with Grimarillion world map, second is with the release world map.

looks like the folder has the wrong name, creating a new mod with the database still being grimarillion.arz and since the ARZ needs to be the same name as the mod the game canā€™t find it.

assuming the folder name is all thatā€™s wrong - you should be fine copying the contents of release over to grimarillion (in order to play the new release until asylum gets the time to update the download)

Yeah, that could be it WareBare. I didnā€™t get the overwriting of files I usually do and looking in the mod section I have a release folder separate from Grimarillion.

Um, copied over the folders, but still have a release world map and also the skill window looks like the old one so not sure if that should change or not.

There must be release.arc or release.arz, just delete it and copy all from release folder inside zip to mods/grimmarilion.

Iā€™m playing well just by removing the old mod and renaming ā€œreleaseā€ to ā€œgrimarillionā€.

yes, the dir name in the .zip is incorrect. What you did is the correct fix for it.

The contents (database/resources folders) are the important part of the zip files, the containing folder not so much. I had to make some space on my hard drive since all the old release files were stacking up and I made the mistake of not cleaning them up earlier, so I wiped the old ā€œreleaseā€ folder, and forgot to add the grimarillion root folder to eliminate the confusion. :roll_eyes:

Next update Iā€™ll remember to fix that

Does the colour filter work with the latest version of Grimarillion? I also might be mistaken, but I crashed 4-5 times in the two days I played 67a with the filter pack. Then I disabled it and didnā€™t crash any more. Of course it might have been something completely different and not the colour filters faultā€¦ :neutral_face:

Hmmā€¦ I might have misplaced some files. Try playing with the rebuilt file.

1 Like

Hello, sorry but I have a problem, overwrite the new data with this new update but now the mod does not start it stays on the black screen for many hours and does not start the game, did I do wrong? or should I delete the previous folder and then paste the files? Iā€™ve been reading that I should change the name of the folder from ā€œreleaseā€ to ā€œgrimarillonā€ is it correct?
Excuse me for asking a lot of questions but I want to make sure to do things well, thank you very much

Excuse me but Iā€™ve already managed to solve it, sorry

Is anyone else able to get Boreaā€™s Swirling Storm to trigger any procs? I just tried with Elemental Storm and I think the lack of any direct damage (all dots and debuffs) is the problem hereā€¦

Hello all. A friend and I picked up Grim Dawn over the summer sale and have been playing it for about 10 hours so far. Weā€™ve noticed that it is very easy though, so much so that it is not very fun to play through. So Iā€™m looking for something to increase the difficulty for us so that normal mode and up isnā€™t just a slog through until you get to elite.

It looks like Grimarillion has an included mod in it called Grimmest that makes the difficulty harder from what I can tell. Does this hold true throughout the game, or is it mostly tailored toward endgame? Also how balanced are all of the classes this mod adds? Might be silly to ask, but I have played very broken overpowered mods before and thatā€™s not very fun for me either. Are all of the classes mostly around the same power level? Can I change classes once picked, or is that permanent like the base game?

Lastly is Grimarillion compatible with just the base game? We havenā€™t bought the expansions.

Thanks for the help!

difficulty should pick up about halfway through

it spawns more heroes, depending on the setting considerably more, starting from the beginning

Zenith classes are considered to be a tad OP, the rest should be around where GD is

no, same as in base game

the current version requires both expansions, I doubt there is any version around that requires neither, but the one for AoM only still might be available

Thanks for the reply! Also shoot, I was afraid it might need the expansions, but thatā€™s understandable. I was just hoping it might also be able to be played without.

I know this is a Grimarillion thread then, but if anybody knows any difficulty mods that works with just the base game without expansions, that would be appreciated!

You can try some of the other difficulty mods, I donā€™t know if any will work properly without the expansions.

adoomgodā€™s Multiplayer Enhanced:

jiacoā€™s Grimmest:

kanjineoā€™s Density Increase:

*Note, he has many versions of the mod, look for one that suits you, if any. Some of them are of a different balance than the main game, so tread with caution.

There might be a few others but youā€™ll have to look through the forums.

Is there going to be a ungrim 68 version?