[REL] Grimarillion v90d

First of all: Make sure you are playing on the most recent version of Grim Dawn and the most recent veresion of Grimarillion.

Try turning off auto item tooltips.

Are you playing with grimmest? Double Density or Hero Multipliers? Try turning it off.

Test your equipped items, make sure none of them are bugged. Mouse over all of them, manually unequip all of them (click, drag to inventory), and then equip again. If they are bugged, the game will crash when you do this.

Try playing without rainbow mod or grim internals. No idea if there is a conflict, but some people have told me GI causes crashes for them. I don’t see why it would though.

Really, unless you can 100% repro a crash there is nothing I can do.

1 Like

I came back after months in Borderlands (#2 and Presequel). The game requires memorization of farming routes to survive in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, or multiplayer sessions with others helping out. It’s not very dynamic gameplay compared to Grim Dawn once you are over level 50.

Backed up my character, installed the patch. It’s working great to my knowledge. Thanks.

I especially appreciate the balancing aspects of this patch. I still play original classes as the game offers alot alot ALOT, LOL, in the original classes. But the more I play the more I’ll explore the other classes.

Unfortunately I seldom stick with one character past level 80 or so, I get kind of bored and forget and play another mod or another character. With my last one some months ago, I managed to get entirely through normal mode and all it had to offer (all the acts at least) and was over level 80 (double density). I’ll try to return to it one day. I’ve improved in sticking with it long term with a character, came close to the new Titan Quest content with a new character. But it’s just too damn long, played something else due to boredom, LOL. I came back to the character 4 times to get that far. Very unusual for me. Still didn’t make it… In comparison Grim Dawn campaign is rather short.

Grim Dawn and this mod still takes the cake for me compared to anything else I play. I never tried Dawn of Masteries due to not needing all those classes, I see it’s risen in popularity. Addiction to Reign of Terror is hard to shake, the Diablo experience and the extra skill points and devotion points really help at higher levels for someone like me, but I don’t think that means the endgame is better. I quit once Hell mode is done.

Well that was long. :wink: Still playing and enjoying this mod.

1 Like

Anyway to get the shattered realms back to normal? I noticed when i have this mod installed its nothing but boss battles in every floor, unless i’m missing something?

Nope, bosses every floor, that’s how it is in Grimarillion. You’ll have to edit the mod yourself to change it back.

One day when I have time I’ll try to find a way to allow multiple SR styles, but atm it’s just a bossrush.

1 Like

I finally did do some endgame in normal mode with a previous character and really enjoyed the way Grimarillion is setup in Shattered Realm.

Would be super cool to allow variations, though, as my exposure to vanilla endgame is incredibly limited.

I appreciate the attention to detail.

Please submit if I missed something Mod Build Compendium

Is there a rainbow filter available for the v83? I am getting a lot of gear with tag not found etc, I assume its because the filter is built for the previous version, or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for the amazing mod, having a blast with my Crusader/Demo in hardcore!

edit

Also a question about gambling D3 items. If I am level 70, will I only get items that are around my item level, or can I still acquire low level items also?

Updated the Rainbow File for Grimarillion v83.

4 Likes

based on your char level only

1 Like

@Matougi

That was fast, thank you so much!

@Grimer

Perfect, appreciate the clarification!

edit

Totally missed the fact that you were the one to reply @Grimer haha, you did some amazing stuff with your D3 mod. Thanks for the continual support on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, i recently started playing this mod, and i love it. Im playing a dual wield sharpshooter und noticed what i cannot use the skill rune of wrathguard and the watcher of erulan. I cant attach these to any equipment. On a second note, in the Tooltip of skill runes it is noted, used in jewelery, head, hands and weapons, but the runes i tryed can also attached to belts, relic and medals.

Watcher of Erulan, Wrathguard, and a few other reskill items with passive skills are locked to the original item slot, since they can get really crazy if you stack them on multiple slots.

As for your second note, well I didn’t create the mod and I don’t think I altered the texts but I assume that it meant ‘accessory’ slots, not jewelry. Medals and belts are considered accessories. As for the relic… uh, not sure I’ve ever seen a component added to a relic, are you sure about that one?

Yeah sorry, i didnt meant relic. But thanks for the info!

Hello there,
First of all, thanks for all your work.
I do have a few problems though, not sure if I messed up somewhere or if they are bugs.

The first one is this texture problem on the skill screen under the class name.

The next one is in the stash, the buttons seem to be messed up.

Then, when I start a game with a female character when I try to move the character model just leaves the screen to the bottom left

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Regards, Blue

You need all the expansions.

Thank you so much,
I completely forgot I uninstalled them.

any suggestions on 2hand melee lightning class duo? shaman?+what?

Storm, Wizard, Elementalist most likely ones.

1 Like

Using Sleven’s Primal Strike Warder as a base, I would go with Monk to go with your Shaman. It has passive RR, Attack Speed and more Crit damage to give your Primal Strikes more of an oomph. Monk has an on-demand heal, more resistances (at the cost of Elemental resistance which you should have plenty of), and a circuit breaker which should help you out if you need it.

Neidan is also an interesting choice, as it has Physical Resistance, Pierce Resistance (which the Warder is running low on), Damage absorption, Attack Speed, Slow + Stun resistance, and a passive heal.

Storm is a great choice, but a little points-heavy, which would conflict with your Shaman’s abilities.

I would choose those as your top 3. If skill points weren’t an issue, I’d say go with Storm, but Monk has a lot of value for the amount of skill points you can grant to it. Having an on-demand heal to go with your Primal Strike leeching is always going to be a big help, especially with passive RR to alleviate your focus from having to actively apply it.

monk looks neat, thanks