[REL] Grimarillion v90d

I appreciate if anyone could give some info about this:

It seems Royal Gems are pretty rare now, right? As they are supposed to be…
Forgotten Souls has the same droprate of Royal Gems, but… are they dropping at all? They’re in the components loottable, maybe I’ll have to move it to crafting_materials loottable (tainted brain, ugdenbloom, etc) or something else.

Yes, royal gems are rare now, and i still haven’t got a single forgotten soul in my 5h session…
Edit: Scimitar spirit damage should be nerfed by 30-40%.

Good morning,

This is my first post on the forum as I have only recently purchased GD while it was on sale. I have not purchased AoM yet.

I’m enjoying the Grimarillion mod very much that I even purchased a second copy of the game for a friend of mine instead of buying TQAE for us.
However, I seem to have found an issue.
It concerns the Rogue class, I enjoy using Lay Trap and prior to the recent mod update (I was using 60d) the damage seems to be doing something strange.

In 60d, the damage from Lay Trap and it’s passive addon, Multishot, seemed to give the correct values from what I noticed, the higher end damage was deducted by 50% as well as the lower end.
In 61 and 61a, I see values in the expected range but I also see single digits, even though my current tooltip output states 60-100, give or take for both physical and piercing.

Tested with removing multishot and damage can still yield single digit numbers on occasion. I also have not spec points into anything further along Lay Trap passive as I have not gained the levels yet.

Also, with the D3 Necromancer class, I have noticed that all the summon skills such as Command Skeletons don’t seem to be working.
Their tooltips states under attributes, 0 health.
When I use the skill, the skeletons appear and disappear just as quickly.

I’m not sure if AoM is required for this mod as I have not read anything of the sort on the forum or even if having AoM will fix anything.

Thank you again for the great mod, looking forward to more updates.

AOM is absolutely required for the mod to work properly. There’s a number of skills that are guaranteed not to work without it.

As for Lay Trap… what items/devotions do you have? Maybe a proc or some weird bug with an item/devotion. I’ve noticed the trap has different FX on attacks based on the dmg you deal even though the trap itself gains no flat damage from you (it has no % weapon damage). It might help if you took a screenshot or something, but I am not sure this is a bug I can fix, if it even is a bug. I am not seeing what you are saying. During the entire duration of my traps I’ve tested in the past minute or so, at level 1 with no modifiers, there is no single digit damage dealt from the trap.

D3 Necro skeletons, works fine for me…

and no vanishing tricks either.

The Wisp pet gets an aura with Elemental RR at 11 points, it starts at -15% and increases by 2% per point until the soft cap, at which point it starts going up by 5% for every 2 points.

Speaking of which, in vanilla GD/AoM RR skills tend to increase by only 1% per point above the soft cap. Stacking RR get too unbalanced otherwise.

I agree that this kind of -% DA is probably excessive.

D3 Necromancer skills are the type of skills that do not work without the AoM expansion. You will need to buy it if you want to use the Skeletons correctly.

[EDIT] I started playing with Dark Frost, Aether Nimbus, and Flames of Tartarus for the first time (really, just the Flames one, but I assume the other two operate the same) - I was very surprised that they were 3-point skills that grant 100% conversion. New damage conversions are great, especially for pets, but giving 100% conversion for just 3 skill points is OP EZ-mode waiting to happen. I’d suggest cutting the conversion in half, so that at max, you get 50% conversion. That way, pet conversion is more in-tuned with other 50% equipment, and player conversion requires a little more thought if you want to get these skills to near 100% conversion.

Anyone else have thoughts? I wish I went through my legit character faster so I could have tested more of these skills before you went through and made such massive updates…

Anyone else have thoughts? I wish I went through my legit character faster so I could have tested more of these skills before you went through and made such massive updates…

Grim Quest has been in a state of constant flux since it’s inception. Most of the changes to balance are made based on what people say, because you guys have way more time and interest to play than I do. Sad as it may be, I’m not really interested in playing my own mod anymore. Ironic because it started out as me really wanting to play TQ masteries with GD speed/QOL updates.

@sigatrev, damn I wish I had remembered about Wisp earlier. I actually already started to rework Freezing Blast to be a dedicated debuff skill. I can still revert it though, if people feel it’s not necessary. What do you guys think? Should I move the RR from Wisp to FB? FB feels like a really strong CC (but useless vs bosses for CC) and an incredibly powerful leveling tool atm, but the RR is kinda mixed there and it could probably use an update. If I remove the damage from freezing blast, the cooldown, and the freeze, it can instead be a reliable source of RR and soft CC (slow).

Most items I have boost the 3 primary stats, physique, cunning and spirit. A ring and neckless adds physical and piercing. However, when I remove them, the tooltip shows the changes lowering the damage they do.

Haven’t played with devotion points yet so zero.

Considering AoM is necessary for some classes, I’m wondering if having it might help solve the Lay Trap issue, though as I reported, 60d didn’t have this issue.

Thank you for responding.

Agreed, -30% DA is insane.

Good point, however i feel that having only conversion is dull, and small bonus is needed:

1. Flames of Tartarus. Reduce % conversion to 15/30/50%, add total damage is modified by 1/2/4%.
  2. Dark Reverie. Reduce % conversion to 15/30/50%, add 1/2/3% ADCTH.
  3. Psionic Focus. Reduce % conversion to 15/30/50%, add 4/8/12% crit damage.

I’d prefer a reliable source of RR and slow, than half-working freeze skill :wink:

Conversions are already build-enabling as they are, and GQ masteries are already very powerful. I do not think any further bonuses are needed for these skills, once the conversion amounts are reduced like you’ve mentioned, they’ll be fine as they are.

+1 to having Freezing Blast be a reliable source of RR and slow.

Hm, probably you’re right.

Anyway, i found more bugs:

1. Soften metal still have old -OA% value.
  2. Mythical Voo’s Juicer have granted skill (Manitou) with 1 damage.
  3. Mythical Armor of the Kind Regent have +0% chance of affecting up to 2 targets to Smite.
  4. Uliana Stratagem’s 3 set bonus grants 5 spirit (supposed to be 5% spirit?).
  5. Uliana Stratagem’s 5 set bonus grants +10 second duration to Sweeping Wind, but Sweeping Wind is aura now.
  6. Crusader’s Guillotine requires Stonefist Rebuke.
  7. Crusader’s Obsidian Juggernaut requires Nightshade Reach.
  8. Crusader’s Stonefist Rebuke requires Obsidian Juggernaut.
  9. Crusader’s Nightshade Reach requires Guillotine.

50% is common for pet physical -> xxx damage types, but these skills convert non-physical to non-physical. The only existing example of such conversion in vanilla is Stormbringer of Malmouth which offers 100% vitality -> lightning. I think having skills that offer 100% single element -> xxx is fine, particularly when the target types are different for each single element. It’s much harder to abuse.

Here’s a little preview of how I have the “new” freezing blast setup. Because it no longer freezes, the name has been changed.

At 12/12:

The slow is “only” 25% but it’s a total slow.

Looks cool :slight_smile:
A bit offtopic: since spirit doesnt have any melee attacks, can you add something similar to bone harvest/forcewave?

Thanks, all fixed

Hmmm.

Spirit already has what, 28 skills? My quota for each mastery is to try and have 27 skills per class, which is more or less on par with vanilla GD masteries. To add more I’d have to clear up space somewhere on the spirit mastery tree. I’m not sure that’s something I really want to do… I’ll keep it in mind. Maybe I’ll figure something out.

Uploading 61b+ungrim, should be up in a few minutes. Some of these changes are kind of rushed I suppose, so let me know if anything is off.

Grimarillion:https://mega.nz/#!bYkxHI7T!_SNOTuzi5Yd_0o9YoFsqlKGM8BXY-V2Pn1-o-HSSWZU

Ungrim:https://mega.nz/#!vF9XGCCQ!P7XaOxXeyCuxbubbqY2tjF9K_XZB1xBDMvhSbX80JdM

Installation Process:

*First you must already have Grimarillion OR Ungrim v61 installed.
*Then download 61a of whatever version you are using. If you are using Ungrim, download Ungrim 61a. If Grimarillion, download grimarillion 61a.
*To install, simply open the 7z file you downloaded, open it up, then drag and drop the folder into your mod folder (Grim Dawn/mods/). If you have done this properly, it will ask to overwrite some files, just say yes and you will be ready to go…

Here is the changelog:

61b

Grimmest:
*Tweaked Depravities size change a little more.

Loot:
*Fixed a tag issue with Bryner’s Journey
*Fixed an issue with Firebird’s Tarsi.
*Possibly fixed a drop issue related to Forgotten Souls.
*Fixed an issue where the Black Pearl Ring and Pendant crafting table was using the wrong file. (for real this time, I hope)
*Fixed an issue where the Black Pearl Ring wasn’t properly rolling all possible affixes.
*Fixed an issue where the text for gem names was red.
*Fixed some other D3 issues.

Relics:
Star of Ishtar:
*Reduced Scimitar Spirit’s damage by 30%.

Sigil of Bast:
*Reduced Avatar of Bast’s damage by 30%.

Staves:
Fingerbone of Boreas:
*Changed a skill bonus from +2 Squall to +2 Freezing Blast.

Dream:
Trance of Wrath:
*Fixed an issue where this was acting as a buff instead of a debuff.

Earth:
Earth Enchantment:
*Added physical to fire conversion for pets.

Ring of Flame - Soften Metal:
*Reduced %OA Debuff as intended in v61.

Hunting:
Study Prey:
*Lowered physical and pierce resist reduction.

Study Prey - Flush Out:
*Added bleeding resist reduction.
*Lowered all resist reductions slightly, now starting at 5%, scaling up to 30% at max and 40% at 20/10.
*Changed %DA reduction to flat DA reduction, adjusted values accordingly (obviously).

Storm:
Freezing Blast:
Redesigned and renamed
*Renamed to Boreas’ Icy Grip
*Now instead of instantly freezing enemies in an area, the player will fire a projectile which will detonate on impact, slowing enemies in an area. (also detonates if no enemies are hit)
*Added Aether, Lightning, and Cold RR.
*Reduced RR values.
*Slow amount reduced.
*Reduced cooldown to 0.5 seconds.
*Reduced energy cost by about 60%.

Wisp:
*Removed Elemental RR from Wisp Light.

Rogue:
Poison Gas Bomb:
*Swapped the template so it can apply debuffs.
*Added Poison, Pierce, and Bleeding RR.
*Removed Weapon Damage.

Poison Gas Bomb - Shrapnel:
*Removed the complex autocast system I had going here, it wasn’t working very well as it would randomly cast the autocasted spell at nearby enemies rather than the target intended.
*Now fires shrapnel around the original blast area multiple times over the duration.
*Pierce damage reduced by about 60% since the damage is reapplied up to 3 times (from what I’ve seen).

Poison Gas Bomb - Aphotic Ichor:
*Removed the complex autocast system I had going here, it wasn’t working very well as it would randomly cast the autocasted spell at nearby enemies rather than the target intended.
*Now fires the aphotic ichor bomb at the center of the PGB detonation area multiple times over the duration.
*Removed flat resist reduction. (nonstacking)

Mythical Natalya’s Slayer does not have Mythical in it’s name.
Mythical Natalya’s Sight cannot be sold.

Thank you, will test it out.

I was going to save my few thoughts for next 50h feedback, as i’m currently trying to play melee 2h diviner (Spirit+Dream), but it seems like a perfect time to bring up some complaints regarding Spirit mastery :stuck_out_tongue:

1. Spirit lacks good skills to proc devotions (like Ill Omen or Ravenous Earth, for example). Vision of Death have long (7.5 sec) CD and Drain Life is only good for casters.
  2. Huge disparity between Deathchill aura and Ring of Flame. Deathchill aura requires 49 points (36 for a full line and then 13 more points to take 1lvl of Insidious Miasma and 12lvl of Necrosis for -%RR) to compete with Ring of Flame (which have built-in RR, scales better damage-wise and cost only 28 points). This is not fair… I suggest to remove Insidious miasma modifiers, outer/middle/center rings mechanic (i suppose that purpose of rings was to kite while still doing damage, but outer rings have low dps and thus cant kill non-hero monsters relativity fast. You always end up standing in close range to proc all 3 rings, so why bother making rings then? Plus they clutter buff panel and i’m sure it takes a lot of time to edit ring stats in asset manager), reduce -%total speed scaling up to -30% on 22/12 (similar to Veil of Shadow). This will frees up some space in Spirit Tree.
    2.1. Diffusion. Remove energy leech, add 8/per level reduced target’s DA for 2 seconds.
    2.2. Wither. Remove reduction to enemy’s health, increase vitality decay scaling to match Deathchill/Diffusion and add Vitality/Aether/Bleeding -%RR’s up to -40% on 22/12.
  3. Insidious Miasma. Remake to contagion skill with high spread ratio:

Insidious Miasma 22/12
5 second duration
2 meter radius
169 energy cost
93 aether damage
137 vitality decay per second
Increases health regeneration by -70%
-26% life leech resistance

Cheers :slight_smile:

With respect to the passive skill “Trance of Wrath” of DREAM mastery, if the effect range of the aura exceeds the skill level 12/12 it seems that it scales down from 7m to 4.8m.