[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Excellent update. Thank you for your work.

the components are not auto combined anymore with v75ā€¦ this issue also happened in v74.

what do you mean by auto-combined ? partial ones or stacking completed ones ?

There should not be any partials any more

Apparently Riftstone and Chipped Claw didnā€™t merge properly when I added them, the rest should be fine. If they donā€™t auto combine you need to manually stack them once.

@ASYLUM101 thanks, thatā€™s right , it was chipped claw. Not sure about the rest. need to test more.

Updated the Rainbow File for Grimarillion v75 like always.

4 Likes

Thanks for the updates guys. I hope I find the time to play soon!

PS. I have about 10 graphics projects planned ahead of my current one. Once I am done with them Iā€™d be glad to work on the new Grimarillion merger for infinite masteries. :wink:

1 Like

About those inventory changes. When opening the stash, and you hoarded, you now got
gear/stuff floating on top of your character and beyond.
Iā€™m guessing we now have less horizontal storage space?
Does that mean we got less stash storage or did you compensate with more height?

Also is this a total conversion mod as far as GD stash is concerned?
I get tons of database import warnings and wonder if i need to tick the ā€œTotal conversion modā€ box.

One last thing, Iā€™m not seeing the rainbow mod under ā€œuseful linksā€, could swear i saw it
mentioned someplace that it would be thereā€¦

auto-sort your items, that should fix this

No. As long as they are warnings, just ignore them.

I donā€™t suppose there is a way for the average (non-modder) player to alter the size of storage?
Wouldnā€™t mind cutting off 2 rows so i could increase UI scaling againā€¦
(eventually we all run out of space and use GD Stash anyway)

Itā€™s there, just not under the name you think

Oh sweet, sweet inventory space! Nice update!

I took a peek at the new GQ sets using GDStash. Sadly, the Nature set is the only GQ armor that has pet bonuses, so with the loss of all the easy sources of +1 to all skills, I wonder what the source of the constant removal of skill bonuses when many skills donā€™t have nearly the amount of support necessary to take the skill to appropriate hardcaps.

Speaking of Nature, itā€™s odd that itā€™s the premier pet class, and yet the only thing that allows it to heal pets is the wimpy Sanctuary that doesnā€™t even heal instantly. It takes about a second for it to register and even then it only heals for a small amount. In fact, the only GQ classes that can actually heal pets and keep them alive are Hunting and Defense. Considering that Nature, Earth, Storm, Spirit, Rogue and Dream are all capable pet classes as long as you have the right skill points allotted, I hope that this gets fixed and at least one of those 6 classes can receive a good healing ability like Huntingā€™s.

Hey mamba, how easy would it be for someone who has never modded grim dawn before, but is reasonably ok with simple mods, to make their own class mod?

Are you talking about creating your own mastery, or combining existing masteries of your choice into a new mod ?

If the former, that depends on how ambitious you are. Do you want to create new gear and visual effects, etc or are you ok with using existing effects ?

How good are you with PCs in general ? Have you modded another game, just not GD ? If all you ever did was start games, this is more of an uphill climb than if you have used some tools, maybe wrote a small script, modded another game, etc.

Ultimately it is mostly a matter of perseverence. As long as all you want to do is change dbr files, it is relatively easy (and by that I mean it is conceptually easy, as all you ultimately do is edit text files, but analyzing what changes you need to make will take time and you might find out that what you want to do cannot actually be done as you intend it within the GD ā€˜frameworkā€™ and find an alternative). Look at how things are done in GD / some mods and do the same.
If you want to also change meshes, effects, animations and so forth this is still about perseverence, but there is a lot more to get familiar with. So at that point it is not easy at all.

1 Like

ARE YOU READY FOR A MIRACLE

2 Likes

lol, well then. Lets see what happens next.

Well ive modded some basic stuff and used some mod tools, but from your post, it sounds like i should definitely start easy/small. Thanks for the info! Appreciate it.

Yes, starting small is good advice here

Man imagine 80 Masteries and the new weapon category.At last we can get weapons to said category.This hotfix is a modders dream.