[REL] Grimarillion v90d

Why would it specify it’s a dual-wielding technique if it’s not? It works with any melee weapon except spears, which I guess I could add. :thinking:

That’s the flavor text from TQ.

In that case I suppose that’s the only reason why it was confusing in the first place, that flavortext.

Flavor is flavor, many mod skills barely have a description and just ‘translate’ what the skill does. Some, like this skill and many Zenith and GD skills give a bit of background of the types of characters who utilize said skills.

Grim Quest’s tooltip tags are meant to alleviate that.

If a skill were Dual Wield only, the tooltip tag would look like this:

But since it works with all melee, it just says [Melee].

Not sure if I did something wrong, but when I installed the recently updated RainbowFilter, my thing still has a tag error.
tag

If I start a game with the character, then exit to the main menu, it will update to Outrider, but once I close and open the game again, it goes back to the tagnotfound.

This is normal behavior, not a glitch.

It’s just the way mods work in GD

As said it’s just the way mods work in GD. The mod isn’t fully loaded in at that point. Once you actually go into the mod to play it the class names will then be visible if you go back to the character selection screen.

Decrepify from D3 Necro says its a summon with 6 sec duration. It does have restrictions on devotions skills like a summon, but it doesn’t actually stay in the world for 6 sec nor does it benefit from pet bonuses - is it intended to be that way? Would be nice if it either didn’t count as summon or at least stayed around for the listed time.

Fixed nvm ignore the senile old man

yes, intended

Another thing players forget is to close the game before loading a different mod, or you are merely making changes to the previous mod. Exit the game and relaunch it before choosing a different mod. Grim Dawn mod implementation may be clunky, but it’s much better than how Titan Quest does it that has officially supported mods through the Steam Workshop.

By the way, haven’t played this for awhile, but loving the updates and error fixes. In the future I’ll be playing more and more Titan Quest and D3 characters. Vanilla Grim Dawn classes have insane value and the game can be complex, and it’s easy to get complacent and play similar builds often. Then when I get bored I break out and explore new ways to play.

v86a
*Fixed several Grim Quest skill tag issues.
*Reckless Offense - adjusted flavor text to make it more obvious the skill isn’t specifically a dual wield skill.
*Fixed an issue with Outrider’s Flak Blast - Commando modifier that prevented it from working as intended.

MEGA
Nexus

Installation:
You must have Grimarillion v86 installed already.
*Open the zip file
*drag and drop the contents (it should be a grimarillion folder) right into your grim dawn/mods directory
*When prompted, confirm to overwrite files. (It will give a new database and text file)

3 Likes

Updated the Rainbow File for v86a.

2 Likes

What? Really? :crazy_face:

Most weapons seem to show as zero against whatever weapon is equipped, only a few show anything else.

Dunno, works fine for me. Tried it with an old character, tried it with a new character, tried it with the item in all the different bags and caravan stashes.

from a fresh character

Weird, because this is a new character too. Also checked in the DC vendor and the same thing, all the weapons he has even 2 handed ones showed zero; only 3 iirc showed anything other than zero when comparing. I’ll try verifying the game files, see if that has any effect.

Edit: Must have been corrupted somehow. Verified the game files and checked with an older character; all good there. Tried the new character from yesterday and still the same so removed all the gear I’d stocked up from GDStash and the deleted it and made another new character which shows everything fine. Weird.

Your shiv is just that good… Don’t see how Grimarillion can have anything to do with that, so I’d reinstall the game - or at a minimum check in vanilla

Hm, must have been something off somewhere because I just noticed that verifying the files caused this to happen - 2 downloads.

Not sure if this is a bug in the mod or in the mod’s database, but Herald’s Regalia is a 3 piece set so I assume there should be some bonus for having all 3 pieces - cowl, jacket and amulet.

The Empowered version also says it’s a 2-piece set only.