Anatomy of Murder - in line with other passives?

This is way too much and sort of ruins nightblade mastery. It was 25% by rank 6. Non-vitality and non-cunning-dump-pierce nightblades have nothing in this passive now, and for them it’s hard to justify investing in it beyond 3/12 now with 6% racial and 8% cunning. ~20% racial nerf? This is probably the biggest passive nerf in history. Being numerically in line with Fabric of Reality has nothing to do with anything - it’s pure aesthetics with zero merit (strong imo ofc no offense). Please revert.

Great change but why remove %pierce?

Great, ok, fine but revert the nightblade meganerf.

EDIT: By the by, Anatomy would be in line with Fabric if it gave another racial (preferably to Beasts) on top of this nerf.

1 Like

Dramatic too much? The nerf is consistent with all the other nerfs to racial damage, which can be insanely good because it’s basically a “total damage modified by x%” mutator that applies to all your damage against a type of enemy. It was surprising that it wasn’t nerfed along the other bonuses a few patches ago. It was too much free damage with little investment. But I think that it hardly ruins Nightblades. It’s not like most enemies are humans anyway.

If anything the nerf was overdue. 33% damage against Humans at soft cap is absolutely ridiculous and it allowed a lot of nightblade builds to delete bosses like Aleks, Fabius, Maiden and Father Kymon out of existence.

Also lol “please revert” to Zantai. Zantai is not gonna revert anything if you don’t actually prove this nerf hurt Nightblade builds a lot.

Aleksander, Iron Maiden, Fabius. Whole Act 2 (Cronley) are Humans.

I don´t say it ruins Nightblades but it´s a harsh nerf and in this case without compensation in any form (for this skill).

You are assuming that every nerfed skill needs a compensation (it doesn’t). And all the others mastery can deal with human factions like Cronley’s or Death’s Vigil/Kymon’s with little problem. It shouldn’t be different for Nightblades now.

umm, shouldn’t this nightblade part be discussed in a new drama thread?

1 Like

Take into consideration that this passive had nothing else but that racial for most nightblades. 1% racial and 2% cunning per point is now too pricey. Same thing happened to Shield Training. These stats are too expensive for skillpoints now.

This was the selling point of nightblades. It made this mastery special among other masteries. Was it too much? Maybe? Nerf it to Fabric of Reality values because we like the shape of the equation mark? I don’t know… :unamused:

By them way, Fabric has racial to two races. And flat and %dmg. So that equation mark was maybe too strong a simile.

No, it isn’t. The selling point of the mastery is the ability to dual wield melee weapons with no relics, medals or belts.

And if the Anatomy of Murder human damage is supposed to be a selling point, it’s still there. It wasn’t removed.

Someone needs to split it. Playing Nightblades: pain or gain?

But I liked the racial bonus a lot. But reducing it it’s in tone with recent decrease of the racial bonus in gear.

And who decides what’s a selling point to who?

Now the breaking point making this affordable is 3/12 with 6% racial. With good +1s to nightblade you get 7-8%. The whole passive is kinda irrelevant beyond 1p wonder for all nightblades but PB and pierce with strong cunning dump.

I’m sure someone else will. Until then… :popcorn:

1 Like

The design of the mastery itself. Dual wielding melee weapons is literally the main trait of Nightblade and that’s how it’s been since it was introduced.

It honestly makes me roll my eyes when people mention “numbers” or “amount of investment”. Things can look bad in a vaccum but very good in practice. Actually test things before calling for any reversion.

1 Like

:popcorn:

The guy writing the roleplay posts about his characters should chime in here to get some inspiration for his next storyline.

My serious 5cents towards this discussion: If anatomy of murder really needs a compensation buff, the % cunning values from 12/12 onwards should be buffed imo.

Edit: Flat vit or bleed would be nice aswell.

2 Likes

Differently:
One of the main selling points to heavily invest in Anatomy of Murder was the Racial Damage.
Fabric of Reality gets flat damage and 2 Racial damages. Steel Resolve, too (plus Resistances).

Flat Vitality/Bleeding? Less damage from Humans? Racial Damage against X? There are possibilities.

@Boromonokli:
Not every Feedback, so critical, is a QQ-answer. As I said, I have a lot of different opinions than ya1 but here I can agree with him to a certain level.

Edit:

To be fair, Bleeding Trickster take it, too and gain from Cunning. Therefore the solution by RektbyProtoss to give even more Cunning could be contraproductive because of more OA and more Bleeding Damage, something Crate wants to lower (referring to the last changes).

1 Like

This was my argument during testing. One cannot say that anatomy is in line with fabric of reality. Anatomy is inferior and expensive now.

Just because %racial base values are similar, that does not mean Anatomy is fine now

Clearly anatomy needs flat damage to bring it more in line with other passives

Damnit people I was being sarcastic!

3 Likes

I don’t know. I still find AoM good enough to invest some points on it. It also gives you a bonus to bleeding and vitality damage and duration, and a % bonus to cunning, which translate in (slightly) more damage, HP and offensive ability. And despite the nerf, the racial bonus is still insanely good, IMO. Something like 5% bonus to your total damage still makes a big difference to your killing speed.

No trying to be unreasonable here :slight_smile:

I’m saying where arcanist was slowly buffed in time (added flat dmg to Fabric and later on 2x %racial dmg types) Nightblade got it’s %racial cut in half so late in GD lifespan.

The comparison is disproportionate

The effect is significant as far as i can tell and it can make the difference between killing enemies fast enough or not before dying. Unless of course you want to give up more damage for defense and go down that road

Sure, I overlooked that. But acid and cold have no business with Anatomy anymore.

Glad that we agree. Also, other passives give two racials. Human racial is most valuable but still… Anyway, what’s done is done.

Also,

Nice devotion changes. Loving the Empyrion. I wish the Throne buffs went somewhere else and not to the purple - where many concepts already have a good deal of cc res. In the tune of making everything equal and identical a big oa could go to the Throne, and the cc res could have gone to red or green.

umm

Maybe not every critical post is a QQ post, but this one SOUNDS like a QQ post.

A lot.

I agree. The density is just not there. Needs at least one more race to be in line with fabric, as well as maybe one type of flat damage (in a vacuum anyways).