Runebinder in 1.1.7?

You’re good! Amazing build! I figured if you’re getting that kind of results without the set that isn’t a ringing endorsement for the set.

I wonder about plugging in Mythical Eye for a Purifier build. I know it won’t match the performance of the build above, but it should still be better than using the set. Especially if the +Projectile Speed applies to the runes also.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b28oBwyN

I did theorycraft this recently but I haven’t tested it yet. I don’t have very high hopes for it though, it’s lacking all sorts of stats and will probably struggle to survive.

Edit: I think AS/CS on the weapon would go a long way towards making it decent. Other 2h weapons designed for auto attacking get 30% speed, runebinder gets a measly 12% on the skill. The set should also get burn/frostburn and maybe even electrocute on every piece. Pyran can have it all, why not runebinder?

2 Likes

Maybe pierce for Purifier also: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/qNYkrP4V

I’ll do some testing on Eye before I build this and test it. The “projectile speed” has me curious.

Edit: No effect on rune’s projectile speed. Only the ones that fire off from autoattacks. Back to the drawing board.

Posted this in a private thread. If you want a full runebinder build I suppose it works, but it’s a far cry from being consistent. If it had a few more resists in the right places (not elemental/chaos) and maybe some cc resists it would probably be fine.

2 Likes

Awesome results! I have a pair of Thunderstruck Reaper’s Leggings of Incantations that would shore up resists. I’ll see what I can get for a belt and medal.

Noticing a theme with the super low hit points. And also that you have to dedicate half your pieces to conversion because Runebinder doesn’t do any of it.

True, but my Bonemonger Purifier has 12.5k even with a glassy devotion path. Ulzuin Shieldbreakers have 13k with no greens. Under 10k is TSS Warlock numbers and Inquisitor’s spells are not that good.

Look at the health bonuses of each set you mentioned and comapre it with runebinder

Ulzuin has 1,848 at max roll and it’s a 5 piece, Bonemonger has 1,265 and it’s a 4 piece, Runebinder has 748 and it’s a 5 piece. Pretty sizable difference. Plasmo taking the full set to a sub 5 minute crucible time though… can’t really argue with that, even if it doesn’t sound like a fun experience for him. It’s going to be a hard case to ask to buff the set when he can do that.

Good times. I think it was before Box was nerfed to oblivion. Double Chillhearts 4ever.

Which is why pierce is 100 times better. Got same dmg or better plus the defensive goodies from the eastern devotions. Which is why Dying God should still get some crit dmg nerf. And some acid res on Yugol.

But that can be said by many things you guys theorycrafted from scraps using non-set pieces and greens. Like Clairvoyant, which was thought to be one of the best set at one point, turned out to be weaker tha 2pc Diviner and some greens.

Pull 9 points from Storm Box and put it to Vigor.
You barely lose anything and you get 11k right there.
However I agree 9.8k with Physique dump is pretty bad.

That is only due to the current high power of the runes themselves. Even Physical Runes with dual havoc is more powerful and durable than full runebinder set. Runes are good, the set sucks.

2 Likes

I… was actually going to ask about this set because I wanted an excuse to use an attacking build with Blind Sage and what do you know there’s a recent thread. Rather than runebinder specifically I wanted to know more about the best elemental attacker and all I remembered from last time I played was this set.

Elemental Forcewave gives me Blind Sage vibes.
Certainly not the best but since there’s been a buff to Arcanor recently, maybe it’s worth a try.

1 Like

Maybe the new Scion or Arcane Force Witchblade? It’s a weapon you get only from the new monster totems. I see builds for it now and then. Personally I’ll never play a 2H build again, too slow.

1 Like

Scion Witchblade is actually decent build, I have seen few versions of it.

Blind Sage is one of my favorite devotions as well :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/M2gO3r72

This can do sub 6. It’s been a while since I played it and I just copied my save file so I’m not sure if this was the best devotion setup. I remember playing around with it a lot and not being quite happy.

1 Like

I’ve tried tons of different devotion setups for the SotAF witchblade, and the one which gave me the best crucible results (in both consistency and clear time) was the Ultos one.

Attak Seru setup was slightly better for SR boss room.

I didn’t try the elemental harmony ring combo btw because I needed the alacrity suffix on both rings to cap attack speed outside of ghoul and diamond procs.

Curious about Anguish belt, I’ve sometimes used it while leveling up and the slow is scary! Not to mention suddenly losing a chunk of your physical resist.

Not to mention Total Damage penalty. I don’t think it’s worth it after if was bug-fixed and then nerfed.