Save file content?

I’m asking because after disabling cloud saving, installing item assistant and putting my saved file back (over writing), it still does not have any saved characters. I’m at a loss. Could someone please help?

TYVM :slight_smile:

Gian

It’s not just a question of disabling cloud, you need to move the files

Then turn off cloud saving in both the Steam settings and the ingame Options menu.

TYVVVM :slight_smile: for the detailed explanation, I really appreciate it.

Can I then install IA or do all you said then install IA?

Thx again,

Gian

I’d do that first and then install IA since it needs the pathing for your saves.

1 Like

: ) thank you
Gian

ran into an issue. Is using C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save\main the same as using C:\Documents\my games\grim dawn\save? The folder you gave for me is empty/

Thx :slight_smile:
Gian

My Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\save is where your saves go to. Main is just the folder for main campaign characters as opposed to any characters you play in mods which would end up in \save\Users instead.

I’m not sure I totally understand, forgive my ignorance.

Are you saying, C:\Documents\my games\grim dawn\save is where my main campaign characters will end up, but for purposes of what I’m doing, C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\Grim Dawn\save\main is empty because I need to populate it? Or am I way off?

Gian

I believe the folder should already exist, but if it doesn’t create it and then move your saves from Steam. They should then end up in that folder. Make sure to back your characters up before you try and move them just in case.

TY for your time