Shadow Strike+Nightfall/Spammable Phantasmal Blades Spellbreaker- 70k/30k Sheet DPS

Err - I wasn’t going to argue mate? That’s a shiny cold breaker - I like the numbers I can see. Got a link to that? I’d be curious to mess with it. Once again, not pretending this is the best way to do this, only that it’s a viable way to produce a very odd combination of skills to use. May have gotten off on the wrong foot it seems.

Apologies, ‘argue’ was perhaps too harsh a term.

And I’m in full agreement with you in that your breaker did what it set out to do.

Link as requested:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/p25ynpB2

EDIT: Skill point allocation is shit and not finalized of course. So I wouldn’t use it the way it is

Heh, is skill allocation EVER finalized? And thanks - I’m gonna have to take a look at this and see what’s what :slight_smile: And then fark it all up in a horrifying way! <g>

(No worries on the contention wording - this is the internet, everything anyone says is bound to be taken the worst/most annoying way it can be. It’s one of those rules.)

OP, nothing personal, if I am going to sound negative it’s purely towards your build.

Your build is like “bad” bad. Not just underoptimized or “main campaign fun” level of bad. It’s like natural disaster levels of bad. This is like “The Room” levels of bad, it’s Tommy Wiseau of all builds.

Now Valinov is correct, calling something bad without offering something constructive is not cool and for that I am guilty. Problem is, just about everything in your build is horrible. So I will try pointing out just the biggest flaws:

1. Biggest offender is not getting ANY synergy from the second mastery. This is 101 of build making - take second mastery and make it support and compliment your main mastery which in this case is Nightblade. Whether it’s damage absorption from Maiven/temporary immortality from Mirror/CDR from Star Pact from Arcanist or Resist Reduction/Acid resist/tonns of flat Acid from Occultist - is up to you. Personally I would go with Occultist or better with Oathkeeper for Acid SS, but Arcanist is fine as long as you are ok with build not being able to tackle Nemesis or Crucible.

Not only that, but by not investing points into second mastery you get what you have - horrible stats that would be bad even by pre-aom standards.

1. Shadow Strike and Phantasmal Blades spam - this shit just doesn’t work in-game the way it does in your imagination. Both skills contradict each other and each skill takes away dps from another one. Shadow Strike is best supported by ABB with Lethal Assault. Phantasmal Blades need caster’s off-hand. You are basically spamming a vitality skill with no vitality support - it’s useless.

2. Your stats. This OA/DA is not even enough for Act 5, I think even Theodin might give you hard times. Any AoM Nemesis will wipe floor with your poor breaker. I think even good old Fabius will shred you. 0 Slow res is just criminal.

3. Your component and augment choices. Again, just horrible. Did you spend at least 10 minutes in Build Compendium section? Why are you using armor component if your armor absorption is at 78%? Didn’t you see that Bloodied Crystal is now better than Runebound Topaz for non-shielded builds? Those jewellery augments, wtf are those?

4. Your gear choices. You clearly gd-stashed your pants and your medal and yet this is the build you chose to make with it. I mean, at least GD stash pants with releveant skill bonuses, like Kuba Chausses or Grava’Thul Legguards.

5. Your flat damage numbers. Just a joke, nothing to say here. 4-6k Acid? This is horrendous. And you didn’t take Lethal Assault.

I could go on forever because basically everything is wrong in this build. I haven’t seen a build with this much stuff done wrong in a while.

Again, don’t take it personal, rather spend some time and study builds from Compendium, learn a bit about game basic mechanics, test your stuff before posting it to here. Unless of course you are just trolling us all.

The room is a masterpiece. Don’t you dare insult it.

To start - not taking anything personally no. I posted this here because I WANTED feedback, and I knew it’d be somewhat evil. It’s a weird concept. I’ve lurked around here for years, I still remember the screaming when SS was nerfed so you couldn’t make it pretty much instant anymore. Sad times for the NB.

Can’t speak for Crucible, I don’t like the game mode much and I don’t play it - so shrug there. As for nemesis mobs - err - you did see the part about how I played this through, right? Did fine with them so - ok? Heh - not sure what to say. Although I never did see the bandit guy so who knows there. Same all the way through act V. 2 mobs gave me a problem in the entire game - the last boss in the grove (thanks Mogdrogen) and the Serpent boss in the level before him. (ugly poison resist + heavy damage once he got down some hps.) Everything else was frankly pretty easy. Maybe I’m ok at stupid builds or something? It did work fine and pretty quickly.

PB: The actual stats I’ve listed there are pretty comparable with a lot of PB builds I’ve seen posted other places, I’ve just gotten the stats in other places than a caster offhand. I need about 100 more OA apparently, and the DPS isn’t amazing, but it isn’t horrible as a support to my mind. Once again, maybe I’m good at crap? As for vitality - err - and? By the time I was done with that weird gearset, vitality wasn’t really the important stat anymore. +Acid did far more for the damage - even +Cold. I did point out that between the conversions and other wierdness that it was pretty odd-acting - that’s one of the ways. Adding vitality was usually the sub-par choice for DPS - what I did throw in was mostly gear gimmes or devotions I needed to lead to other things. Once again, I did play this through -I did things like actually wear the gear and fight it in game. Any statements like “Vitality wasn’t the important part anymore” aren’t some sort of pipe dream, it’s how the numbers showed when I tried things. Major +vitality gear brought PB down in DPS.

OA: Well, no Theodin was easy as all get out, along with all of V except the aforementioned 2 bosses. I just went back and had a go at him again to see what my (Edit, forgot the /O the first post) D/OA bought me. 99.8% chance to hit, 9.8% chance to crit. DA shows .4% chance to get critted. Both numbers with zero proc buffs up, the stats you see in the image. Prowess etc. would increase it a good bit. I’d prefer zero, chance to be critted but .4 isn’t exactly “This is going to be impossible.” eh? I’m the noob around here, I get it - but if you seriously think that those %'s are going to make it horrible to fight Marcell… let’s agree to disagree there ;p I think you’ve got a case of overestimating badly where the variance is between “Not superman” and “Going to get your arse kicked all over the place.” Sorry to be blunt, but seriously now?

Augments etc.: Bloodied crystals might be, if you were looking for the armor stat and not health +more DA than the crystal which I was at the time. I was already overleveled on bleed resist so that was quite pointless. Not sure how they’d be better in that case - I quite needed the health to take me to 12k. Armor components weren’t used as armor components, they were used to fill things like extra Phys and pierce resistance - in which context they made sense. Armor part was incidental, just like the topaze shield bonus.

Flat Damage: You are 100% correct.

Medal: I tried literally every other even remotely relevant medal in that slot, in game. They all resulted in shiattier DPS - and DPS was what I was looking for in that slot. I’ll say again, I played this - 1-100 - every item was GD Stashed and then applied to my toon while I peered at it. That being the case, it was a horrible idea how again?

Sheesh. I’m sorry but I don’t think I’m the one that needs to worry about taking things personally - you’re really exaggerating the hell out of things/assuming that since one stat on an aug is ehhh it most be pointless and stupid. I get it - you hate the whole idea of this build. Right, fine - but please try to make criticisms that aren’t hyperbole or just flat out not though well? I’d appreciate it. Please contrast my replies with others in this thread, you’re pretty much going with “This build is worse than Hitler” when in reality I think the answer is more like “This build has mediocre DPS and you dislike the hell out of the basic idea.”

I dont think acid shadow strike is good for sb.Cold is the way and for poison Witch Hunter.Still with some dreamy greens you can build at least something decent.I play for little with grim calc and come with something like this.Please take a look.https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w2637ypV

Dude, please, do yourself a favour. Since you are familiar with GDstash, take one of my spellbreaker builds that I have created and try them out. Here are their Grimtools:

Trozan’s Sky Shard + cooldown PB caster

Classical SS breaker
PB spam caster
Bonus: DEE + Biting Blades Witch Hunter (if you wanna try Acid and Poison build).

Take any of those builds and run with them thru the content you usually play. Just get a feel of what real build can do.

Right now you are the person who drives 30 year old Lada (that’s a Russian car brand) while everyone around drives Teslas, yet you keep yelling at traffic stops (because your engine is too loud) after spending couple of minutes rolling down the window that your car is all right and it does work on all the same roads.

Your build is hot garbaggio, everyone told you that, yet you keep defending it for some reason. Maybe you are trolling, or maybe you have never played proper builds.

+1 to mad_lee’s suggestion