Shared stash increase

Pretty sure mods can add stash tabs, unless someone can prove me wrong. And even then, there’s already programs with infinite stashes.

Starting to sell stash tabs would probably be the absolute worst thing Crate could do, besides making the game online only and adding overpriced microtransactions.

he is talking about tools like Item Assistant and GD Stash, which technically are not mods.

I am not aware of any mod that does that.

For it to be possible, the file format would need to be flexible enough to store the extra pages based on however you defined them (or you would need to be able to add mod stuff in there) and you would need to change the UI to show the additional pages. As no mod has done that yet, I assume it is impossible.

Not sure if that is proof enough though :wink:

Uh, i could have sworn someone made a mod that did that or something similar. Maybe i’m mixing it up with GDStash and GDIA.

But like i said, selling stash space when those two programs exist is the worst thing Crate can do for costumer trust.

I would appreciate a bunch of QoL features like that more than an entire new act :D.

I don’t know. With all the Crate fanboys that have been here so long I don’t think there is much of anything Crate could do to put them off Grim Dawn.

I don’t speak for everyone else. What I am suggesting is something that would be completely optional to use. I am saying that 5 tabs in the shared stash is far too few for a shared stash that can be played across so many created characters and should not have to rely on third party software or many mule characters. I don’t even know what the max cap is for number of allowed existing characters on an account. Five shared stash tabs for potentially all those legendary items and sets across potentially so many characters? Come on!

Just find a way to give more shared stash space (maybe as little as 15 tabs, maybe 20, maybe 25, maybe 50, maybe CTRL-Click to select from 1-99 tabs like splitting stacks of an inventory item.) And if it is added to the game, you don’t have to use it if you don’t want to. It would be completely optional for anyone to use. No one would have to use all the extra space. They currently have the additional stash tabs locked behind a purchase of iron bits and that should stay the same for adding more. If you don’t want to use the extra space you don’t have to open the tabs. It’s completely optional. Not mandatory. Anyone that may want to use it, could use it. Nothing I am suggesting they add would be mandatory to play Grim Dawn or level any character. It is an optional QoL inventory improvement.

I don’t get how having the bigger stash in POE somehow made you have to use it? Why is it mandatory that you use it? Were you one of those kids that just couldn’t learn not to touch a hot stove?

Just. Don’t. Use. It. If. You. Don’t. Like. It. How hard is that to understand? Optional does not equal mandatory.

You are in the camp of wanting to play with less space. Fine. I am in the camp that would like to see more space than a paltry 5 tabs without having to resort to third party software or mules. Here’s the thing. As the shared stash is now, only your style is covered. If more tabs were offered my style would be covered and your style would still be covered because you would not have to use them. See how that works? An increased shared stash is an optional storage concept. I’m not saying everyone has to play with bigger storage space. I am asking for it to be there as an option for anyone who wishes to use it. You most certainly don’t have to use any extra shared stash space that may be put into the game.

It’s like all the abilities in all the skill trees for all the classes. I don’t have to use them all, but yet there they are. Can be used in different builds. No one has to make all the builds if they don’t want to. You build what you want and you use what you want. Just like if they increased the shared stash size. Anyone can use it, if they want to use it.

For those who truly want literal unlimited storage, well they would have to hit up the third party software for that. I mean come on, unlimited? :rolleyes:

Well it’s completely obvious that you simple don’t/cannot understand what I’m saying and Medierra have said in the past, so there’s no point going round and round in circles here.

We both have different views, which is cool, and best to leave it at that. :slight_smile:

Trust me, there would be an huge backslash from fans and most likely from people outside of the fanbase when they would heard word of this. I would absolutely hate it myself.

It would make Crate look greedy as hell when you basically have free, unlimited stash with GDstash.

Well it’s seems that I am reviving an old corpse here. But can we have like an option in the game for those like me who wish a bigger inventory space to be part of the game? I mean you can make the extra tabs very expensive, like one or ten million of IRON, so hoarders could feel less compelled to trow everything in there without thinking. Or you could make a rare item that drops off Nemesis Bosses who adds an extra tab to the Shared storage. :thinking:

1 Like

My guess since I’m not a programmer/designer is that something like that would then mean you couldn’t play with others who don’t have the same increased stash size since the game versions would be different. 3rd party tools don’t interfere with the game in that way. But as said, that’s just a guess on my part.