Shield blocking

Is shield block working the same as in Diablo 2 : only when you are standing still?

Also - building a warlord with AoG. Is there a way to tell that i got 100%cdr without looking at the bar?

no it blocks if you move too. There are also many many other differences between block in Grim Dawn vs. Diablo 2

What is AoG? Do you mean Aegis of Menhir? Yes there is a sound and an icon above your head.

Thanks for a fast response :slight_smile: As i now have it on level one and 8% then i haven`t even noticed. And also playing with music in backgroud.

And how do i know it blocked or should i don`t bother about that?

there is like a “diiinggg” sound and an hourglass shaped icon above your head

You can not know if you blocked

Now that you said that i saw it. As i`m totally new i thougt it was a spell on me :slight_smile:

Now i feel its time these questions to be moved under newbie questions:

If AoM converts everything from fire to acid, then its good to have +fire damage on weapon? Right?

Perhaps you should just read here 🤯 malawiglenn’s guide on game mechanics for beginners

Aegis of Menhir uses Shield damage, so what flat damage you have on the weapon is irrelevant

And also AoM shows 52% chance of Bat, while anywhere else its 20% . Its mathematics that there is a chance on any shield on attack to trigger it?

I dont want to do maths this moment, but is it that 5 times 1/5 is 52%? Doubt that.

the chance of proccing a devotion depends on the cooldown of the skill you are assigning it to

the chance listed is per hit

Well which would be better 20% on guardians or 52% on AoM?

Is that what that is!. Been wondering about that and was not sure it was some form of debuff. I don’t get it that often, but will look at increasing its chance now I know what it is.