Short question: which skills and debuffs DO work on Nemesis and Celestials/Superbosses?

I read about this a bit. Seems that many skills like Blade Trap do not work on e.g. Ravager.

But any RR does?

How about Health reduction?

So, short question, is there a list, which Skills/Debuffs DO indeed work on the ‘end game content’?

1 Like

All RR works. Health reduction and CC don’t work, the only exception for CC is OFF with Mageslayer (and even then it’s effect is lower than when used in normal enemies) and that still only works on Nemeses (Celestials are unnaffected).

does it not work, because the celestials are resisting or genuinely immune?

500% resistance to all CC variants. Basically immunity.

Ok, I get it, there is no way in the game to get that 500% resist at least down to 99%.

And for CCs only some item sets can do that for some skills, and NOT to Celestials. Nice…

How about Ulo/Nulli?

grimtools.com/monsterdb

search the enemy, turn on the buffs under the character sheet (red, yellow, blue) and look at the third page of the character sheet

1 Like

wellll, not sure I totally get that. I can somewhat identify a few weeknesses, but if e.g. Mark or Nulli work, I don’t find anything on that…

I’m not sure if it’s possible to tell if Nullification will work on an enemy by referencing Grimtools alone. From my understanding (modders correct me if I’m wrong), there is a tag behind the scenes which identifies whether or not a buff can be purged.

I think it’s safe to assume that nemesis and celestial buffs cannot be purged.

and how about mark of torment?

That works on everything as far as I know (at least the part that matters: the damage absorption). I’m not sure about how the reflected damage works, but even if it does work, reflected damage isn’t very strong in GD

Look at their CC resistances on the third tab like another poster said: If it’s a low resistance then that’s self-explanatory but if it’s not there at all, then they’re not resistant to it either. They don’t resist damage reduction, nullification, chance to fumble attack/impaired aim, resistance reduction, reduced offensive/defensive ability, etc.

One exception I can think of is “Reflected Damage Reduction”. That resistance does exist but it is not listed. You’ll have to check their individual buffs on the right side on grimtools. Not like it matters much. Same for health reduction resistance; bosses are absolutely fully immune to that, but the stat exists even if it doesn’t show on the sheet.

Also, some skills like CoF or Solael devotion have -xx% movement speed. Bosses are resistant to that, but I’m not exactly sure if it’s affected by their slow resistance stat or if it’s another hidden stat. Same question could be asked about -XX% attack/casting/total speed; no idea if it works, or how it works.

The game has a ton of hidden mechanics, in fact some of them are still being discovered. It’s frustrating even to people like me who have 2k+ hours on the game and dozens of self-made builds. I guess all you can do is ask if you have any specific concern and someone should be able to answer.

1 Like

May be wrong as I tried it long ago and didn’t pay much attention then but it seems that Callagadra’s HP regen/speed buff can be nullified.

well … no to me, to be frank. That’s one of the reasons I invest time in the game :wink:

Well no, not a specific concern… I have a few toons (Conjurer, Warlock, Cabalist, set up both mainly def OR off…) that run around ultimate at Lv100. Yesterday I was able to facetank Morgoneth the first time, using Mark. His Attacks didn’t even scratch me.

But still, and that is my issue, all those ‘powerful’ toons sometimes still get one-shotted.
This very Morgoneth-Shredder then got one-offed by the mere Thall’Nosh, AFTER having him down to maybe a third of his Hitpoints while facetanking. And again barely taking a scratch up to THAT one-offing moment.

I … don’t understand that. Yet.

And as long as this happenes, I cannot take on the real big shots. So I’m asking around what is known about them, while planning the next builds…

Null and MoT have nothing to do with cc res. CC are: slow, freeze, stun, trap, petrify, disrupt, sleep. Other things - like elemental dmg reduction on Null - are just different kinds of debuffs. There are no resistances for them (though it has been discovered lately that dmg reduction debuffs for some reason reduce not just your dmg but also the potency of your own debuffs - so dmg reduction is kinda like a resistance to debuffs in a way - but that’s a different topic).

MoT doesn’t really have any debuffs. It’s a dmg absorption self buff hooked to a single target to whom it reflects the absorbed dmg. It affects the player’s stats, not the enemies.

Thall’Nosh has stacking resistance shred. https://www.grimtools.com/monsterdb/160/skills

I’ve never had an issue with that enemy in a particular, but for a lot of them you want to look at your debuff icons on the lower right. What I do is I pause the game, look at the debuffs, then unpause, open inventory, and quickly pause again. You should see if any of your resistances are under 80%.

yeah, that’s possibly the reason. It looked like I got critted by all of his Devourer summons at once and I stood in this deep reed pool of whatever it is he summons on the ground.

All my Resis where far beyond 80, only Chaos wasn’t. Looks like that is what got me. I kited in the next try and was able to finish him easily.

Maybe facetanking is NOT always an option :wink: