Show off your Defense! Specially around Stockyards

I’m playing trail blazer difficulty for everything and have triple walled around the outsides of my city. I used a modular approach so that is why I have walls inside as well. So if attackers break through they are further slowed down by more walls. I would put all forts inside your walls because I believe that if you lose a fort then you lose all your soldiers. Also put tons of towers along the inside of your walls as they will soften up the attackers. Only engage them with your soldiers once they break through. The walls give you enough time to move your soldiers to where they need to be hopefully. That’s my advice anyway.

2 Likes

Yes that’s a good point. I also ensure that is covered defensively. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

3 Tier, oh my. How long that took you and how many thousands of stone? lol.
I see your idea with the Forts. Towers alongside? I’ll keep that in mind.
Cheers mate!

My defenses.

Impenetrable.

3 Likes

Well, they’re going to include boating at some time, I assume? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe. We’ll have to wait and see.

1 Like

Well, a DLC sounds good when the time’s right. I understand their message, but boating definitely fits with the overall tech level of the game.

1 Like

Indeed! I hope they’ll manage to do something water based further down the line. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Well that will definitely saves you a lot of wood and stone. Good location.
But how is real estate?
I sure hope no boats in the future release.

1 Like

This entire map is an exercise in ‘Water: The Reliable Bulwark on Your Flank’

I have triple walls, but more of an Open Door policy.
← Right this way, please. Oh, careful, don’t step in that.

Very nice, well spaced too.

1 Like

This one turned out well, but the one before, and one since have had ‘various’ results.

They love chewing on this corner, but I have something planned for that space.

… two Smoked Meat…

Nowhere near the town center.

2 Likes

Any reason you haven’t placed guard towers on top of that cliff? They would decimate any raiders trying to break in below.

2 Likes

That single Market covers the entire community you have? I see ample space in between Shelters for decorations which I think I may need to redesign my town as well like this.
But curious about the Market, will you add more later for the one’s not covered or this is an upgraded one?

1 Like

I’m still stretching out the deck for the Fort and Towers that will be placed there.

That whole flat above is going almost all the way to the water so that it covers the entire corner.

2 Likes

There are three upgraded Markets working the different neighborhoods right now.

Yes, I do space the houses apart to fit the decorations that will help them upgrade.

For a while I was planting rows of fruit trees in between homes, but the 2x2 space requirements were just too much real estate to devote.

I see. I have also decided to make more spaces between homes now for upgrading purposes. But real estate is scarce and no time to terraform land. I’m starting to place Market first on new community and build homes around it.

1 Like

They came in through the hot corner, again.
It didn’t go as they planned.

Just wait until they see what I have planned. :smiley:

2 Likes

The layout of the town.

Blue squares are houses in the housing areas.

For some reason those are the only buildings that show up in the app.

The black circle is where the Trading Center, Vault, Town Center, and all my industry are located.

The black ellipse is where farming is taking place and the black lines/square are where my walls and fortifications are located.

The inverted ‘L’ shape on the upper right is the hot corner, but they have tried every approach.

Got my first Payment demand from an invading army.

They sent the main body around the Hot Corner and a recon-size feint to the South Square, both got chopped up like hamburger.

A small force managed to infiltrate a new farming area to the north, but their overall take was less than they wished, and their casualties were more than they hoped.

3 Likes

Really shaping up on that corner

1 Like