Skill disruption mechanic

Hello everyone
Some parts of skill disruption mechanic irritates. Now I’m talking about autoattack replacers. It’s a bit ridiculous that melee can’t attack 'cause of skill disruption and lose all Savagery/Fervor stacks when disrupted.

• Make autoattack replacers invulnerable to disruption
  • Leave it as is

0 voters

I don’t see why it should not work on auto attack replacers. They’re skills, not abilities and “Skill disruption” explains itself. It should be as it is.

And I don’t see why it should work on non castable skills

The mechanic is not changing, overulled.

1 Like

:disappointed:

Make Skill Disruption “one-shot” thing first (non-repeatable), like stun, freeze, etc. It’s damn annoying in its current state, when standing in acid pool disrupts you every second.

Simple solution - don’t stand in the crap as Grava would say. :rofl:

2 Likes

Easy to say, when you’re blocked by enemies/trapped by their skills, and cant use movement skills too.

What’s worse - skill disruption resist doesnt help much. You can ignore any other CC with 80% resist, but NOT skill disruption. Isnt that a bit unfair?

Making skill disruption not work on auto attack replacers isn’t completely unfair to channeling skills and any spamming skill that isn’t an AA.

Meanwhile casters don’t suffer from fumble and autoattackers do.

That’s why i play casters. 120k DPS from caster and 120k DPS from attacker are two completely different things… With Fubmble you might as well consider having 60-80k DPS instead of 120k…

Meanwhile casters have no/low physical resist, low armor, low HP and auto attackers don’t.

Meanwhile auto attackers can stack an enormous amount of weapon damage to get a ton of flat damage and benefit greatly from full ADCTH.

1 Like

Meanwhile Drain Essence and Forcewave casters can have that too (DE can have 35% ADCTH - GL get that on melee even).

Meanwhile casters can have comparable HP, armour and phys resist (DE and FW builds, mentioned before):

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrPylj2
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrPO912

Two builds don’t make all builds. If one build doesn’t need/has a particular thing, it doesn’t make all the same types of builds the same. DE and FW are only two skills, there are 100 more builds that are not the same as FW or DE.

Yeah, two skills. The game has way more skills than that for your information. Not to mention there’s like 3 good builds for each of those. Want me to link the amount of builds made around auto attack replacers, specially Savagery and Cadence?

One of the criticisms people throw at this game in terms of balance is the fact that auto attack replacers are too good. So when people want them to somehow be even better, it makes me scratch my head.

Zantai said his word, so what’s the point you’re trying to proof smth after that?
I don’t know what patch or even a game both of you are playing, but with recent changes casters are strong as never before.
Do not make this thread into phallometry competition

You also said your thing AFTER his post. So, what is the point you’re trying to proof?

I can say same about attack builds too. First, not all of them use auto-attack replacers. Second, some of then dont have high HP pool, or armour, or physical res (and the last is as important as many think, btw). Third, other spells also have access to ADCTH with specific items, just not as much as FW & DE.

In my opinion, there also is another problem with skill disruption - it’s very hard to get resistance to it. It’s limited to certain class’ exclusive buff (Occultist), one legendary leggings and a (very) rare suffux on rings. In short, you cant get it relatively easily like Stun or Freeze or any other CC resist… Because most builds dont want to waste leg slot on some mediocre unique, or ring slot…
I’d like to see some passive Skill Disruption resist added to certain underrated masteries (Demolisher, for example), devotions, items/mods…

To be fair, auto attack build is really strong right now. Compare to caster, it also easier to build. As a caster, you usually has less defense and less sustain. Whereas with auto attack build you can easily get that without sacrificing much damage.

I think it’s ok if auto attack replacer get affected by skill disruption. It’s usually only matter in cruci and can be dodged easily. Fumble and impaired aim is more frustrating.