Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

Look at the off-hand

That skill works as a channeling “laser beam” like AAR.
Just laser the mobs for 0,1 s every 5s to reduce their resisntaces, I have used this off-hand on some builds just to do this :slight_smile: pretty fun and efficient

2 Likes

What @Ulvar1 said :yum:

1 Like

Ohh. I had completely missed that on the offhand. I thought it was just used for +1 skills.
Thank you!

1 Like

Hey all…I am having issues with trying to follow the guide. I am only level 70 so looking at a level 100 guide is hard to figure out the chaining of the skills in which order would be best as I level. I am still very new to the game and building a character with what gear is still hard for me.
How can I break this build down into sections as you progressed through the levels?

Did you read this? Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist

Yes…I am reading it now with also reading the Carnival The Carnival - A Guide to Pets where I found some leveling info. Is this the correct area I am looking for? Having trouble where I was following the wrong build from someone who was “Booted” from the forums.

I do not level specific builds. Like, there is no leveling path given for Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist because you are not supposed to level Skulls & Bones - Pet Cabalist.

Instead, you are supposed to follow the generic level up options for either Occultist or Necromancer (either is fine since Cabalist has both) and then switch over to this only once you have most of the gear and stuff.

Page 74 of my full PDF guide contains my build diary on Cabalist as well if you wish to use it as reference.

Thank you much for the reply.
I have since been studying the pet carnival guides and have made changes here and there as gear and levels come along. Currently sitting at level 82 now and only struggle with some named mobs and big bosses of course.
That will change as I get gear.

1 Like

Happy to hear it :blush:

1 Like

Hi Maya, thanks for all the great info. I was wondering what the key advantage of Typhos is? I noticed that it reduces mind control duration. What bosses/mobs have mind control?

This is my HC Cabalist.

I really like it, but I am always open to suggestions.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply. Typhos was actually taken mostly for the resistances like the extra Physical res it gives. As for mind control, the only real threats are Karroz (spawns on wave 167 in cruci, I think… it has been a while since I played crucible :stuck_out_tongue:) and Sentinel.

So if Skeletons feel tanky enough, can safely skip it :+1:

I would however try to 20/12 Undead legion for the extra Skeleton. Can take 2 points from Manipulation and 1 from something of your choice. (I would go for Curse since 7/10 should be enough).

Build is good and I like it though :blush:

Thanks for the feedback. Take your time, it’s not like this is your job.

An extra skeleton is a good idea. I think some points got changed around on gear, and prior to that I could only get 12.

I am trying to take down Callagadra. I gave him a shot, but my minions where getting spanked. I looked Callagadra up to see if I could find out what was going on and it seem like a vitality is the worst damage and having huge pet piercing hole is bad as well.

I have shifted a few things around for Choas damage. I have been leveling up Solae’s Witchblade devotion, and I have noticed it is definitely a drop in overall damage for SR and world, but I think it will be better for Callagadra. 41 percentage points is a huge difference in resistances between vitality and chaos.

I am not a big Crucible player either.

1 Like

Cally is also straight up on an entirely different level when it comes to Pets. It melts even the tankiest Briarthorns like it is nothing :frowning:

You don’t really need to change anything other than the devotions if you want Dying God :stuck_out_tongue:

You can also go Chaos route with it if you wish to experiment further :yum:

As for the build, I definitely like it :+1: . Can see it doing rather well in all aspects of the game. However, I might suggest trying to get Manticore for extra Vitality RR if possible since you are missing out on the RR from Tome of Arcane Wastes.
But, I do understand going for Reaper as off-hand and was actually what I used to go for, before changing. It is mostly a matter of personal preference + whether you need more damage or tankiness

1 Like

How are the Revenant devotion Pets atm?

Last time I tried them, they had issues with getting bodyblocked and not being able to effectively RR enemies.

1 Like

Good, good. That is nice to hear :blush:

1 Like

Years later, even after “final” gd update maya’s pet builds are doing great. Seems like skeleton build is finally strong after witching hour version nerf. Almost got all set pieces for my fresh start cabalist. Thanks for keeping your builds updated (too bad suicide blightfiend bombs build is dead though)

2 Likes

Only 77% pierce res…

2 Likes

2 Likes

Just in theory, anyone tests ritualist with skeletons and briarthorn, full physical to vitality conversed? It seems for endgame we can search for nature’s call regalia for 2nd briar, and 3/4 of lost souls set to empower necro skills… In theory looks nice, but is it?

1 Like