So, has anyone seen Valdaran?

Used to be I would run into the Storm Scourge – especially at Gates of Necropolis and specifically when I would not want to with weaker builds – but now I haven’t seen him in weeks in the main campaign. I won’t say that I’ve scoured every single spawning point of his during the past 30-50 hours of playing, but I HAVE been looking for him every single time.

Have his spawning points changed? Have some of the later updates removed him from office? Have you guys seen Valdaran at all outside of Crucible?

I need to speak with him.

Same spawn points for a few years now. He has several spawns outside of Valbury and inside of it, so there’s a chance of never running into him if you check everywhere besides the Valbury areas and he happens to always be spawning in those areas in every session.

Just killed him at Krieg’s Labs :slightly_smiling_face:. Necropolis and Underground Transit/Labs are the most likely places for me to meet Valdaran (only once I saw him in Port Valbury).

He has a ton of spawn points, finding him is always a pain in the ass. Much faster to do crucible/SR.

All of them are in 4 areas though - Warden’s Cellar to Krieg, Gruesome Harvest up to the Amalgamation, the Necropolis Gates and Valbury. I’d say he’s about average as far as finding goes.

Yes, they are.

Problem is one of them is Valbury and no sane person would go there again after having completed the area on Ultimate. It’s not something I would do for my farming pleasure; I suspect I would rather spend two days in a tent with my mother-in-law.

The whole place is really detrimental to my blood pressure. Not that it’s that hard, just immensely annoying.

I’m just amazed at how hard I find it to encounter this particular nemesis while the rest of them fall in my lap wherever I go. Even Kaisan seems like a homing missile in comparison.

Guess i’m insane because it’s my favorite rogue dungeon. How oppressive it is why i like it, because honestly the other two vanilla rogue dungeons put me to sleep, and the expansion dungeons aren’t oppressive enough. Tomb of the Heretic looks awesome though.

Even Benn’Jahr? That’s arguably the hardest to find.

Kaisan is actually one of the easiest to find, specially because he has no spawns in Tomb of the Heretic due to lore reasons.

Only time I like to farm Val is when I need crystals as well, so I make an efficient run of it going through Krieg lab/Harvest/Valbury. Nets tons of crystals regardless, which are always needed for crafting.

Otherwise Val (and Benny) are on my no-fly list for Nems.

5 out of 27 of his spawn spots are behind the Skeleton Key gate in Valbury. You can encounter him a decent number of times if you don’t want to go in for whatever reason. The areas just outside are wide open fields with plenty of space to move around so the damaging ground isn’t a problem and the area is easy to move through.