[Solved] Decompiling/Rebuilding a working mod is breaking a few skills - what am I doing wrong?

I’m working on merging some mods, but I’m having a probably basic issue and I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction. I’ve mostly got the merge working, but I just noticed that a few skills have turned into the red x. I backtracked and found that even just decompiling/rebuilding single mods (no merging) has this effect for a couple skills. It always happens to the same skills. I’ve tested two different skill-altering mods (reborn and apocalypse) and had a few broken skills. Does anyone know what might be causing this? I’d appreciate any help.

My method has been:

1. extract arz and arc files using ArchiveTool
  2. organize the resulting files into “database” and “source” for use in AssetManager
  3. copy/paste files from “source” to “resources” (for archive build)
  4. AssetManager -> Build -> Build to make the database arz file
  5. AssetManager -> Archive -> Build to make the resources arc files

Edit: I did some more troubleshooting and discovered:

1. Linking a broken ability’s ui dbr to a working skill dbr creates a working duplicate of that skill - this suggests that the ui side of things is fine
  2. Linking a working ability’s ui dbr to the broken ability’s skill dbr creates another broken skill - this suggests that the issue is in the skill dbr
  3. Replacing a working ability’s skill dbr with the contents of the broken ability’s dbr creates a working copy of the broken skill - this was surprising because it means that the skill dbr is fine and suggests that the specific skill number/filename is the issue
  4. Looks like the broken skills are always last in the skilltree dbr - not yet sure what this means but at least it’s a pattern

Edit2: Mystery solved. The skilltree templates didn’t have enough entries so anything past a certain point broke. I’m not sure why the original mods didn’t have this issue, but it’s an easy fix. One mod even included a modified skilltree template that didn’t have enough entries and still somehow worked.