Some noobish questions...

Doing som casual GD again, and got some questions:

• Which faction I choose, are locked to the difficulty? So if I choose faction A in Normal/Veteran, and I can chose another faction in Elite or Ultimate? Or do the latest overwrite the earlier ones even if I change Difficulty?
    –> It looks to be from reading the faction you choose lasts intil you switch it later on, then it gets reverted back in all previous difficulties. Also it looks like this is only one place where you chose factions, and also that is less important now with the 2 new act’s factions

• There is no kind of sharing of reputation between chars right? Can faction items be traded / put in shared vault (a guide says no)?

• If I change my gear, do all bonuses/stats on the gear get reflected / shown in the skill damage right away (those on the skill bar)? Even pet damage?

• Current ‘end game’ is just farming bosses for loot right (outside of the Crucible)? Are there farm dungeons in last act (‘rogue like’)?

• I see a review saying act 5 is a mess. Is it correct? Is it due to not being linear?

• Are MI (Monster Infrequent) rare items (green) marked, or can a casual like me just sell them without knowing what they are?

• Damage types that are transformed into another type, the new type will benefit from the bonuses you have to that type right (like in Path of Exile)?

• Will the Forgotten Gods (expansion?) make all previous chars (and thereby items) incompatible? Or can items still be used?

• Are there benefits for grouping like exp or drop bonuses?

• Which faction I choose, are locked to the difficulty? So if I choose faction A in Normal/Veteran, and I can chose another faction in Elite or Ultimate? Or do the latest overwrite the earlier ones even if I change Difficulty?
    –> It looks to be from reading the faction you choose lasts intil you switch it later on, then it gets reverted back in all previous difficulties. Also it looks like this is only one place where you chose factions, and also that is less important now with the 2 new act’s factions

I’ve only ever tried this once but I believe it will use the latest faction choice for all difficulties.

• There is no kind of sharing of reputation between chars right? Can faction items be traded / put in shared vault (a guide says no)?

You can trade faction writs/mandates that allow other characters to gain reputation faster but you cannot trade faction items.

• If I change my gear, do all bonuses/stats on the gear get reflected / shown in the skill damage right away (those on the skill bar)? Even pet damage?

Yes, you will see a difference as soon as you change gear.

• Current ‘end game’ is just farming bosses for loot right (outside of the Crucible)? Are there farm dungeons in last act (‘rogue like’)?

There are 4 rogue-like dungeons scattered around the world. These require a special key to enter the deeper levels of with a Boss and good amount of loot at the end.

• I see a review saying act 5 is a mess. Is it correct? Is it due to not being linear?

I wouldn’t say because it’s linear but likely because Acts 5/6 ramp the difficulty up a noticeable amount compared to the rest of the game.

• Are MI (Monster Infrequent) rare items (green) marked, or can a casual like me just sell them without knowing what they are?

Monster Infrequents are always of Rare quality but they are not marked by a special icon. There’s a mod around the forums that changes item highlighting for affixes and I think MIs if you are worried about that.

• Damage types that are transformed into another type, the new type will benefit from the bonuses you have to that type right (like in Path of Exile)?

Yes, but it will not benefit from bonuses to the type it was converted from. If I’m converting from Physical to Fire, I want % Fire, % Physical will do nothing.

• Are there benefits for grouping like exp or drop bonuses?

There are no bonuses.

Writs are available when a character reaches Honored status with a faction. They increase your faction XP gain so you can reach Revered status more quickly. They are not transferable - only the character that bought one can use it. Mandates add even more faction XP gain and can be put into the transfer stash for other characters to access, but can only be bought when a character reaches Revered status with that faction. Faction items can’t be put in the transfer stash, again they are only for use the character who bought them.

All damage on gear will be shown.

There are 4 rogue dungeons in the game: Steps of Torment, Bastion of Chaos, Port Valbury and the Ancient Grove. The Ancient Grove is in Act 5 which is next to last of the Acts.

The game itself isn’t linear, it’s fairly open with some quite big areas to explore. You’ll need to criss-cross them to find all the loot, quest items, quests, shrines, etc.

MIs are the same green as other rares.

Forgotten Gods will not make anything incompatible. You’ll be able to play all your characters in it just the same as in the rest of the game.

About MI drops, is there a easy way to mark these, or are they clearly marked already (for example via lore)? I have done a lot of work with PoE lootfilers, but the way to change it is this game looks very complicated.

I am not sure why, but I was sure I read that due to big changes in Forgotten Gods, old chars would no longer work. Good I was wrong! :slight_smile:

There’s a list in the GD Wiki, though I’m not sure how up to date it is.

https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/Monster_Infrequent_Items

None of the updates/expansions should screw up a character unless that character hasn’t been played in the game for a long while. That can sometimes muck them up - I had it happen with one of mine which wasn’t played for several updates. All your characters should be fine since we’re not likely to get any more major updates until FG is released.

Take a look at WareBare’s Item Filter.

I’ve never used it but it looks like it should do what you want and is customisable as well.

When I go into the devotion tree, and hover over a proc in a constellation, will it show me the real damage it will do if I speced it (but before I spec into in), or just the default value?

it seems to show the “current” damage, meaning if the skill says x-xx damage
and you invest points into spirit or cunning, it will change in the description

I have a hard time finding information on this:

Does CC (stuns, maims, knock down, fumbles, slows etc) work on bosses and elites?

Fumble/Impaired Aim do. There is no resistance for Bosses just as there is no resistance for the player making it a powerful tool (and sometimes a major annoyance :p).

Bosses are more or less immune to Stun/Knockback, Heroes vary on if they can be Stunned/Knockbacked but most can.

Bosses and Heroes have heavy resistance to Slow so you must reduce it to get any notable effect. There was a build posted last update that aimed to stack as much Slow as possible here.

You can see individual enemy resistances by checking Dammitt’s monster database.

Thanks for the answer!