Spear of the Heavens proc is much too weak

That’s wrong.

Flame torrent (T1) is numerically better than Spear of Heavens, because it hits 2 times.
AND it’s a way wider AoE.
AND it applies a DoT.
AND the damage typing is coherent.
Truth be told, it has less range and doesn’t stun a random white mob for 1 second. Yay.

How about testing the skill before posting a third of the comments in this thread ? The best you can say is: ‘it looks ok in theory’. Even if that statement would be wrong in itself, it would still be an honest mistake.
I still use Spear of Heavens devotion in a build, but the proc is just a small bonus. I take it for the stats.

I have used flame torrent. It’s very good for a Tier one skill, especially considering the low devotion incestment (the nodes up to it in Fiend are not that great). But I have also used SOTH. While not spectacular i do think it’s strong and misinterpreded. It’s free damage that hits consistenly without you having to worry about proccing it. It also crits around 15K form me which is not bad. If you build can afford it it’s a good constellation, if not for the skill then at least for the nodes which are very good.

If one just wants OA, some lightining% damage and can’t afford going SOTH it can be replaced with nodes from Dying GOD and reckless tempest.

Falcon Swoop is rolling on the ground laughing so hard it can’t talk right now. Aether Bomb and Acid Spray had to set their drinks down to avoid spilling them. Rend is just sitting back shaking her head. And I think Targo’s Hammer just yelled ‘fight me punk’.

And Blades of Wrath is like: “What the hell did i just read?”

SOTH is a terrible proc T3 when you take into consideration that several T2 proc are factually better. All the procs mention above are better than SOTH and take much less devotion points to be reached. Heck, the nodes in the constellation are better than the proc itself. That seems backwards to me.

Blades of Wrath is objectively op honestly. Either that or Blind Fury needs to be buffed back to it’s original status a couple of patches ago. The nerf it got was very weird and Blades are so much stronger up close than Oleron’s for Blademasters.