Starting Grim Dawn for the first time,

Hi

I just purchased the game and would like some advice on where to start i have the full game package (all DLC)

1 Like

Welcome to the game and to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Just pick a mastery at L2 and start playing, experiment with skills to see which you like. You can always respec at the Spirit Guide in Devil’s Crossing later.

Or if you want to follow a guide then there are some in the Builds for Beginners section here

1 Like

Welcome to this great gaming experience, and this awesome community! Whenever I read a post from a new player just starting, I get a surge of excitement and envy- how I wish I could rediscover this game all over again! Youre in for a real treat, and a nostalgia-infused journey of countless creative possibilities, particularly if you played Diablo 2. Hell, this game even brought back feelings of Monster Hunter, for me.

I agree with the above, you should spend some time experimenting with different classes and skills to find ones you enjoy. Any questions you have as you experiment and learn along the way, dont ever hesitate to ask people here on the forums, everyone here is mad cool and welcoming, and we all love the game, even if we argue about it whenever theres an update!

1 Like

If you don’t mind reading I always recommend this official guide: https://www.grimdawn.com/guide/
Other than that just start playing and:

• go slowly at first,
  • pay attention to tutorial hints,
  • read descriptions of skills,
  • don’t be afraid to try things out - you can “repair” your character later,
  • if you face a choice in story, go with what you feel and explore the consequences as it won’t prevent you from winning the game.
2 Likes

Somebody put together a guide from a player perspective that’s really good. It’s called something-pendium. I can’t remember if the link is here or on the subreddit. Can someone throw it up here for the dude?

Only one I know of is this, but it’s a bit outdated now