Still cant change setting and I try all way! Im use Win 11!

Hi! I have update to win 11. Then I installed Grim Dawn and noticed that I can’t change setting. I tried disable one drive, turn off firewall and virus protection, run as administrator, reinstall and have no options.txt or setting.txt, keybinding.txt in my document or game save folder (This help when I still use win 10). Also I noticed that game after reinstall doesn’t create options.txt. Save is still work but nothing in setting can change. I try all way i found on forum, reddit.
Anyone know how to fix?
And so many people stuck with this problem since a long time ago. Crate, can u fix this? I love this game but to be honest, I’m a little bit disappointed and annoyed. Cause I must turn off virus protection everytime I play this game when I use win 10. And now i dont know how to fix it. Please Crate!!!

Did you install through Steam or GoG?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Maybe something in this thread will help you solve the problem.

You don’t have to turn off virus protection when you play the game. You just exclude the game from being checked by any anti-virus programmes.

1 Like

I install though Steam

This help, thanks, we need do this after delete onedrive :v:
Googling will find sites showing how to prevent OneDrive from syncing a particular folder, how to turn off OneDrive, how to set rights on the folder, but the best solution is to stop OneDrive from syncing your Documents folder altogether. The way to do that is to remove your Documents folder from OneDrive. Here’s how you do it:

1. Back up your Windows registry: How to back up and restore the registry in Windows
  2. Right-click the Windows logo at the lower-left corner of the screen, and then click Run.
  3. Type regedit.exe and press Enter. If User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
  4. In Registry Editor, browse to the following path:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
  5. Find the registry key for “Personal” (this is where the Documents folder location gets set).
    Double click Personal and change the “Value data” path to C:\Users\Documents, being careful to replace “” with the actual account name you are using on that PC. For example, if your account name is set up as “John,” (C:\Users\John) it would be C:\Users\John\Documents. Of course, C: could be any drive you choose, but this is the typical non-OneDrive location for the Documents folder.
  6. Close the Registry Editor.
  7. You’ll need to restart File Explorer for the change to take effect – choose one of the following:
  • Restart the process in Task Manager.
  • Sign out, and then sign in.
  • Restart the computer.

you don’t need to mess with the registry to do that
onedrive allows you to unlink folders and remove it
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/turn-off-disable-or-uninstall-onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/office/unlink-and-re-link-onedrive-3c4680bf-cc36-4204-9ca5-e7b24cdd23ea
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-my-documents-folder-from-onedrive/21edbce4-a38e-489b-8aab-608f0f4ee506

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.