Struggling to balance gear stats for my build

I’m a new player leveling my first character, currently a lvl 59 Arcanist/Shaman.
Here’s my current build FWIW:

C&C welcome on that as well.

Anyway.
I’m cleaning out my stash of all the stuff I’ve collected for various reasons because space is running out - both character specific and shared - and I need to get organized.

I’m still trying to figure out what gear stats I should prioritize and in what order. For instance I tend to use gear that adds points to skills I’m actively using, particularly this case PRM. This unfortunately leaves some other stats a bit under developed so to speak, mostly armor, but most challenging for me is keeping my resistances as high as possible while sacrificing as little else as possible. Energy regen and cast speed have fallen a bit as a result.

Am I focusing on the right areas? Do I need to adjust my mindset in some way?

Assistance is greatly appreciated.

resist over all
+skill points is a very low priority concern during levelling

resist is gonna trivialize encounters even if you have generic unmodified dmg skills, low bonus dmg etc
meanwhile +skill points is not gonna do much but increase your dmg a bit, which could be done by other means

so when you upgrade pieces first concern should always be to maintain or improve resist, anything else is a bonus
general easy stuff is
dmg on weapon slots
speed on gloves
movespeed on boots
level relevant armour rating is useful too, ie dont’ run around with too low level items, (personal rule of thumb i upgrade armours around every 20th level at teh latest)
modifiers for you skills/main build focus, modifiers are skill mentions in blue text, like on your helmet and offhand, those are good, and usually comes on slots that doesn’t require you to sacrifice something important

use component in all slots, use scaled hide in legs/shoulders to increase armour absorb, use necessary resist comps on the other slots, can potentially use dmg boosting comps on weapon slots
^blacksmith can craft you other components than the ones that drop, and when you’re Respected rep with factions you can buy new component blueprints from faction quartermasters
emerald is useless so get a new helmet comp, and your fire resist is fine so you don’t need molten skin in belt

PS think about getting a relic, easy way to get a +1 class skill boost, or just some free dmg/stats

PPS, you can compensate with survival in devotions too, some decent heal and or safety proc skills in there,
also another good way to increase dmg is to get resist reduction/-x% reduced rest to XY dmg types, like Rhowan’s crown devotion and raging tempest in shaman

1 Like