(Suggestion) Add +% Armor Piercing into components

Would it be possible in FG to add +% Armor Piercing into Serrated Spikes and Vicious Spikes, either to the aura or directly?
Would give some options with conversion to ranged since now we have is Nidaal for swords only.

Better yet, I say give it to Silvercore Bolts (in place of the reduced DA). That should give more of an incentive to use it.

From DW pierce perspective that would kinda suck.:frowning:
Since I’m still tryin to learn conversion rules, I don’t really know where do you need the Armour Piercing to be since you can’t convert damage twice or was it just you can’t convert damage twice in same “phase of conversion”.

I thought you were trying to help out Ranged Pierce builds because as you said, Melee has Nadaan over them which is significant. I forgot as well but Melee also has Blessed Whetstone.

Off the top of my head, Ranged has Pack of Treacherous Means, Valdun 2pc or are forced to use Gildor’s Pulverizer for it’s innate 100% Piercing.

After the last update, both have the Rimetongue Amulet.

I think Dual Wield Ranged still struggles to reach 100% Piercing though unless you do something weird like 2 x Hagarradian Enforcers with 100% Elemental to Pierce conversion.

Since I’m still tryin to learn conversion rules, I don’t really know where do you need the Armour Piercing to be since you can’t convert damage twice or was it just you can’t convert damage twice in same “phase of conversion”.

Damage can’t be converted twice.

Armour Piercing is a special form of Physical to Pierce conversion/Physical to Pierce ratio that takes place in a seperate step after all other conversion.

Say I had a weapon with 100 Physical damage, 50% Physical converted to Cold and 50% Armour Piercing. The Cold conversion would go first splitting it into 50 Physical and 50 Cold, then the Armour Piercing would look at the remainder Physical and result in 25 Physical and 25 Pierce.

Kinda odd to give axes AP, but yeah, also forgot this.
One could argue, though, that adding AP to a “slashing” weapon, that mostly does Physical/Bleed would be a bad idea, would rather have something else instead.
Granted, not all swords were meant to poke into squishy parts.
Thinking my original idea of AP aura would make most sense helping all wanting to have full Pierce AND allowing more options though 2-H would lose their only slot for weapon component exc. items you mentioned.
Naturally then there’s the balancing, rocking with fully converted armour ignoring damage from level 15 might be waaaay OP.
But dammit, want some options for my bugarms!

This is indeed the only way to get anywhere near 100% conversion to pierce. Melee has nadaan, blessed whetstone, neither of which work in a ranged build. Two handed ranged has sharpshooter set, valdun set and that crossbow, which obviously doesn’t work for DW ranged either.

So you’re stuck with using pack of treacherous means and two bladetwister rings, which eats up a great deal of build potential since these slots are so valuable.

For reference, highest pierce ratio pistol is 33% (highest on a white pistol is 30%) on just one legendary. So even with the belt and rimetongue amulet you get at best 66% pierce ratio, though you’re more likely to cap out at 60%.