[Suggestion and Feedback] Clairvoyant ’s Cabalist (1.1.9.7)

First of all, I would like to express my sincere thanks and respect to Crate for continuing to update the game until this time, which is about to be 2023. It is without a doubt the ARPG I have been playing the longest at this point in time. I will continue to support your games as time permits.

Suggestions made previously

Although Clairvoyant ’s set is focused on aether + vit, as far as I know, no one tries to make effective use of vit. Many people focus on aether and ignore vit. So I would like to make a suggestion to make aether + vit a little better this time.

Item

• Change chaos of Codex of Lies and Albrecht’s Duality to vit.
    There are probably no people who use these to build Chaos builds, so there will be no impact of the change, and if the Codex of Lies Proc reduces vit RR, aether + vit will be much better.

• Add vit% dmg to Aethereach and set Disintegration to +3.
    +3 Disintegration is related to Reric described below.
    This is not necessary if there is no change in Reric.

• Add slow resistance somewhere in the set piece.
    The constellation of aether + vit has Rattosh, but because Aeon + SotH is far superior, Rattosh is not selected in Aether build.
    It may be unsatisfactory to give a slow resist to encourage the transition to Rattosh, but better than nothing.

• Mythical Spiritseeker Cord
    +% Cold / Frost dmg can be changed to vit. Unnecessary -10% Physique Requirements can be changed to OA / DA.
    If you do not want to delete Physique Requirements, add a large flat DA or% DA as a supplement.

• Wraithstalker Band
    Change CS to OA or DA and add Proc skill. In that case, it will be a good rival to Albrecht’s Duality ring.

• Rift-Torn Greaves
    DA is too low. Also, the skill bonus is questionable. Aether PRM SB can’t afford to use it, and Vit Build has other better shoes.

• Deadwalker Footpads
    Unnecessary Proc skill, mysterious +3 GB. There is no OA / DA, single resistance.

Reric

• Change Uroboruuk’s Reaping skill to Proc skill.
    Agrivix’s Malice is BIS for Clairvoyant ’s, but it does n’t have vit dmg. Also, skills that require casting will not be adopted because it interrupts AAR casting and results in DPS loss. So I would like to propose to change Uroboruuk’s Reaping skill.
    Personally, I would like to see Aether ver of Proc skill of Demonslayer’s Life-Ender.

• Or improve Impurity a little.
    Less Damage from Undead is not bad, but Aether build has a hard time with Reaper, so I think + 15% dmg Undead is more useful.

Skill

• Gives a good way to change IEE tree to vit.

• Reap spirit + Doom bolt is sucks.
    These work negatively as dmg sources. In most cases, it will stay at 1p or not even get. Therefore, we suggest that you give it some debuff so that it can be used as a support skill.
    For example: Doom bolt (% dmg reduction), Reap sprit (-120DA or % dmg reduction)

• Use with Cabalist
    Clairvoyant understands that it is designed for AAR, but if you want to use it in Cabalist, you should consider changing skills.
    Personally, I would like to see Aether SoC + Aeter RE or Spam SS.

Constellation

• The most important thing to review is Typhos. This constellation is useless at all. Pet build does not need to increase its attack power, and hybrid construction never works. Should be reviewed.

• Staff of Rattosh at the runner-up. It is too weak despite the 6P required to complete. In most cases, select Viper. Again, pet bonuses are useless. Hybrid construction is difficult.

• Finally Rattosh. This constellation is not so bad, but it is not enough for Aether compared to Aeon + SotH. Maybe just a little strengthening the route is fine. For example: Undeed or beast damage, CD, CC resist etc.

Thanks also for adopting some of my previous suggestions. Especially Aether SoC and Aether RE are very nice. (However, the acid part of RE should be Vit…)

However, Clairvoyant’s Cabalist still needs an upward correction. It is still underpowered, especially compared to the grenades and Trozan that have been enhanced in the current patch.

Feedback: I was able to get to SR80 within the time limit with this build. I was able to advance to 85 past the time limit but it was tough, I didn't try CR, I'm not sure. It does not seem to need excessive buffing, but when comparing and considering that other set builds have achieved better results more easily, it still seems to be underpowered and has room for slight optimization. I should mention that I do not believe that all of the suggestions I make below are absolutely necessary. Clairvoyant ’s Cabalist needs a little more love compared to Spellbinder.

Builds have improved considerably compared to previous years. Especially thanks to RE Coundit, DPS is much better. The remaining problems are CC resistance and DPS, which is still a bit lacking.

Initially I tried the combination of SoC Coundit and MI Shield. I liked the look of it, but it is not an AAR and is safer to Kite, RE is better in terms of DPS and felt like a degraded version of Radaggan.
Next I tried RE Coundit. I don’t like the look as much as SoC, but this one is better: better DPS and DR, FE is still inaccurate, but I like it.

dummy test Grim Dawn 2022 12 07 13 32 10 02 - YouTube

Suggestions and Issues:

Clairvoyant’s Cabalist:

• Compared to Spellbinder/Warlock, CC resistance is absolutely lacking.
  • Physical resistance is an advantage, but on the other hand it loses %DR; Spellbinder has both.
  • Most Aether/Vit items have bonuses for Spellbinders, but none for Cabalists.
  • Cabalist does not have a CD buffed / Vit DoT Duration toggle skill.

RE:

• Need +2 skill points somewhere to get more shells.
  • FE is inaccurate and less attractive to put skill points into (but I like it).
  • Basilisk Crest is BIS, but you have to look elsewhere for attribute conversion or give up.

RS:

• Is it technically difficult to make the constellation Proc adaptable to the summoned wraiths?

Clairvoyant’s set :

• (3) Bonus CS is not required; Warlock/Spellbinder can reach 200% without it. So I think you can change this part to something else that is missing.

• 25% chance of 100% shortening was sometimes insufficient. However, considering the overall amount of damage, I am not sure if buffing to 33% is appropriate. However, for the current frequency, a 50% cost reduction does not seem necessary.

• Despite the huge Vit Dot in RS, the set has no Vit DoT Duration and Cabalist has no skill to earn CD, so it is not suitable to take advantage of DoT. I think you could give SW or BoD a CD bonus or Duration bonus to improve DPS.

• Change Codex of Lies and Albrecht’s Duality to Aether and Vit Support.
    I think Codex of Lies should be completely for Cabalist, Aether AAR already has multiple other options. Cabalist’s name is written in the description section of this book.
    For Albrecht’s Duality it is enough to change +%Chaos dmg to Vit dmg.

Suggestions for Codex of Lies

That is all for now. Thank you for your consideration.

Translated with DeepL

2 Likes

I feel like aether could use a bump in a form of general resist reduction similar to the latest changes.
However, the main problem remain that in the grain aether skills fall behind a little. It’s self-evident considering the builds posted:

1. CT’s numbers are ~twise as lower than ones forcewave/PS have
  2. best aar is physical
  3. the strongest current aether build (PB reaper) doesn’t use any of the most aether mastery (arcanist)
  4. sets/items for skills converted to aether don’t have support in a form of sheer skill bonuses on the gear, aside from the rare examples.
2 Likes

After adjusting the build and dozens of attempts, I was able to clear SR90 outside the time limit, so I’m putting it up.