[Suggestion] Buff Upheaval skill or turn it into a WPS

Upheaval should also mechanically work well with Barthollem’s Warmaul.

1 Like

I like the build posted except it looks pretty “glassy”, kinda proves the point Evil_Baka made earlier about crucible players’ mentality.

2 Likes

I actually tried SR and was able to clear SR 80 with relative ease. I died once in the lead up. (could have been avoided) Then beat the boss wave without camera abuse. (agro’d three bosses on entrance) 6minutes left on timer. I’ll upload the video tonight

1 Like

I’m not trying to downplay his build, since it’s genuinely creative and impressive, but “Upheaval is actually good if you have one of literally two guns in the entire game that have 100% passthrough, and gain 100% aether to lightning conversion from 3 different sources, AND push your OA past what most classes are mechanically capable of” isn’t the slam dunk you’re making it out to be.

9 Likes

you can for sure get more DA on valinov build (at cost of less oa) and still be good

For sure, but dumping DA like that shouldn’t be as cheap as it is imo. Most monsters having no +% crit damage and/or low OA isn’t great; monster crits are overall pretty underwhelming given their low chance and lack of crit damage.

What about mutators though? The one that adds crit damage should be worrisome when it rolls, it does lower enemy OA to compensate but a good number of Bosses now have some form of DA shred to make up for this. There’s also the possibility albeit rare of rolling crit damage and OA enemy mutators at the same time.

1 Like

Yeah there is that one mutator, that makes it a bit rare. Personally I think all monsters should have a scaling +% crit damage, maybe 10% for white monsters and up to 20/25% for bosses/Nems. Then all other crit effects, and the mutator, reduced for balance. That would be more consistently punishing for those that skimp hard on DA. I don’t know if even something like that would significantly impact the meta/fastest cleaners because of crucible buffs, low crit chance and fast kill speed.

1 Like

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/c/grimdawn/classes-skills-and-builds

I 1pt that bitch on druid and it helps enough, It probably doesnt do anything but I felt I needed to post the only build I have with upheaval looool

1 Like

The use of Upheaval in the avenger’s set is so wierd, The set bonuses work against other and make eachother weaker

2 Likes

the problem itself is wider than just mods on Avenger’s Set.
it’s more about Upheaval’s weird activation and interaction with other WPS … and more likely, there will be done nothing with it.

It’s intentional, the only flaw is that it is obscure to figure out if it is good or workable to invest in beyond 1 pt.

yeah, sorry afanasenkov for not being clear.
I understand its interactions after reading this tread.

The thing i dont get is why have it given skill points and stuff on a set, where you also get bonuses to use %wps skills?
If their usage clash, it makes no sense. feral hunger fits the set more. That was my point

So what? You can still acquire significant Upheaval chance if you take Zolhan or Smite.

it’s not really that significant. 30% ZT and 25% FH leave only 45% of normal attacks, and not all of them would be crits, especially with Avenger not being able to stack OA to the skies.

1 Like

Yeah. You’d probably either 1 pt it or drop Feral Hunger. Why is this a problem though? Avenger does enough damage, no?

it’s not a problem of Avenger itself (though I’d say set lacks OA a bit and has bonuses to 2 skills that conflict with each other) but mostly of Upheaval as a skill that is probably supposed to be used more like a 1-pointer.

Maybe Upheaval should have more gear support but not from Avenger set, new gears that modifies and supports Upheaval with different damage types so more people uses it more than a 1 pointer. Then uniqueness of the skill can manifest itself. And I’m not talking about more weapon damage.

1 Like

I agree. WD% values are not much greater on Upheaval relative to Zolhan; so why invest in that costly wps when Zolhan is cheaper/reliable? It doesn’t make sense for the Avenger set, and there is only one other item mod for Upheaval.