Suggestion for conversion items

I have been playing with solider forcewave builds.
With the exisitng items you can convert forcewave to 100% fire & 100% lighting.
I though it would be cool if there were items to convert forcewave to 100% aether damage.

A Battle Mage build with maxed forcewave and Reckless power skills.

Also perhaps a new set of armor that does aether damage in a radius like the Rune Armor of Ignaffar or the Venomancer’s Raiment.

You can have global 100% Physical to Aether on Soldier with Fleshwarped Core

• half from mod to Menhir’s Bulwark
  • half from stat on the weapon and additional Phy -> Aether affix

Piercing damage on Rending Force doesn’t need to be converted because it’s getting changed to Physical in 1.1.9.2

I was playing with Aether Forcewave too but only super GDStashed fantasy build:

I don’t remember but perhaps someone has made something more realistic / Battlemage.

Also modding the look of the skill so it’s really Aether-looking:

3 Likes

Alternatively, you can also use an Obsidian War Cleaver with Aether affixes and Chaos->Aether conversion for mostly Aether Forcewave e.g. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDyGgaN.

2 Likes

That seems like hardly enough phys to aether conversion. Even with max rolls, a conversion component, and conversion in the amulet/helm slot, you’re only getting 60% conversion at most. Considering the weapon’s base damage and the skill’s base damage is phys, that doesn’t seem sufficient

If you also opted for Battlemage then Reckless Power adds another 15%. Other than that though, it’s only a starting point, there is always the rest of a build’s equipment, skills and devotion to determine how much flat you can stack.

Obsidian cleaver will have preference for chaos affixes, therefore making it even harder to get aether affixes on them compared to before preferential affixes were introduced.

All in all, for aether forcewave with fleshwarped core I think the good options are death knight, commando and tactician, not battlemage.

I didn’t say it would be easy or preferred, i just said that an Aether-affixed Obsidian Cleaver with conversion is an alternate option to the Fleshwarped Core.

It’s easier to find a good Core but lack of item support for Aether Forcewave means finding the skill bonuses to hardcap it will be harder/limit gearing even more whereas the Cleaver has the opposite problem.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.