[Suggestion] Introduce new tem focused achievements section in the game

Let me start by saying that since their inception i find achievements uninteresting and never bothered with them in any of the hundreds of games i played, until GD.
This is the first game ever where i unlocked 100% achievements and specifically played a game mode for that (HC).

We have ~190 achievements but non are looking at one of the core elements of the game - item hunting/collection!
Hence my proposal to introduce maybe 10-15 very very hard to obtain achievements focused on gear/item hunting.
Stuff like - “Get Alkamos rings to drop” or “Collect all Magi legendary Rings”; “Transmute 20 sets” etc.

Dont know how much effort this could take but considered to share the thought - might bring a fresh breath for achievement hunters and we know Console scene has the majority of them (xbox release incoming).

1 Like

Usually achievements are awarded for skill and/or effort. But you may never get these “item hunting” achievements, no matter how much skill and effort you put into it. Achievements based on pure RNG are a bad idea imho.

Nowadays its rare to see achievements awarded for actual skill - majority are awarded at certain progress points or just by playing the game enough / grinding (like get 100000 of come currency).
Even GDs are mostly for progress, otherwise we would have had the Super Boss achievements being awarded only on Ultimate vs you can get them on Normal (which is not an achievement like at all.)

So why not introduce several hard to obtain achievements just for interested people to have something to hunt for (like collect all Magi rings)?

Like I said, because there is a huge chance that you will never get that achievement, no matter how long you grind the dungeon. Same for Alkamos rings and other super-rare stuff.
Also it would be very easy to cheat it via trading and GDstash. Not a real achievement.

And that is the point - why should you get 100% just like that?
Also if one wants to cheat in a single player game - they will one way or another - this shouldnt be a reason not to have stuff like that.
Not to forget that xbox players wont have gdstash :slight_smile:

There is no fun or point at earning an achievement for something that you got by pure chance.

And yet we have “5 shrines active in SR” achievement… Still didn’t have 5 different ones offered so far >.>

And why not, lets be more open minded here - ARPGs = RNG = pure chance so why not have an “achievement” to mark that blisfull moment when you get the Magi rings to drop (i am yet to get even 1 that is but dont mind).

Whatever. Already gave you my opinion.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.