[Suggestion] Proposed changes to Brawler’s Gloves

I’ve been playing around with various damage types with Upheaval recently and had to rely on using the Mythical Brawler’s Gloves in order to hit the hard cap on my recent Piercing/Bleeding Vindicator. I wanted to make some suggestions for this item as it seems to want to focus on conflicting things.

My suggestions are the following:

1) Change the WPS to require a Shield and add Shield Damage to it. The gloves have a conflicting identity where there is a WPS on an item that gives points to Upheaval. If you are focused on Upheaval then you don’t want any WPS at all to block the activation. With points in Internal Trauma and Shattering Smash it seems to be focused on Shield use primarily and changing the WPS to require a Shield will remove the conflict with Upheaval.

2) Add +15% Attack Speed. For a pair of gloves to have a WPS that claims it is a “swift and precise strike” but not give Attack Speed seems contradictory. The OA works for the “precise” nature of the WPS though despite the gloves not being quick themselves! :smile:

What do you all think? :thinking:

4 Likes

+1 to that.

I think upheaval skill points lead to that you need AS to use the gloves which is contradictory. How about changing Upheaval points into shield training or overguard? or even presence of virtue since it supports both trauma and bleed.

Honestly, I’d be happy with just the WPS change. The Attack Speed would be a bonus, but changing the Upheaval points is rough since there are not many options in general to get the points and they are the only available glove option.

Yeah there aren’t any other gloves with upheaval points but boots provide it, and modifiers if you’re using, which should be enough to hardcap along with +shaman points. Especially if you’re using physical Upheaval then Avenger set provides the points, if you’re experimenting with bleeding upheaval, then this glove is not your best choice even if provides upheaval points. But I’ld like to see more shield wps, which should boost non retaliation s&b builds.

PS: I think we’re the only obsessive GD players who has not joined into playtesting lol

1 Like

High stat gloves usually don’t get speed too, so Z will likely remove/lower OA if speed were to be added if the glove pattern follows suit

Absolutely agree @Gnomish_Inquisition, but I can dream right? :smile:

OA >>> AS if given the choice here.

1 Like

Changing +2 Internal Trauma to +3 Zolhan’s Technique looks good.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.