[Suggestion] Reduce manacost for some granted auras on items and components

Pretty much the title.
The items I talk about are (maybe some missing, then write in the comments): Seal of Might, Seal of Resonanse, Mythical Dread Armor of Azragor, Fateweaver’s Raiment, Mythical Frostdread Cuirass, Mytical Vestments of Severed Faith and M.V. of the Great Guardian, M. Heart of Yugol, M. Divinestell Hauberk etc.
It happens to be just frustrating when you have more than half of your manabar taken away by auras and you can’t get rid of any of them, actually - like I have here https://www.grimtools.com/calc/DV9DqqL2 and here https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxwWWp2, e.g.
So I suggest reducing the manacost of these auras by half or at least to 100-150 energy just for better QoL.

4 Likes

I dunno, to me most of those auras give pretty powerful advantages and thus should come at some sort of expensive cost in the game?

If you want to use them, then you should balance your build to accommodate the reserved energy resources required.

There are components and equipment that can boost energy levels and energy regen such as Ectoplasm that can be used for this purpose.

At the end of the day it all boils down to a “Question of Balance”.
If you want to use one of the powerful auas you mentioned, then you must be willing to have a trade-off situation that will allow your build to function with it.

As someone once said - “You cannot have the best of all worlds” and if you could in this game, then I am sorry to say it would become just another cookie cutter MEH arcade offering.

This is one of the beauties of Grim Dawn whereby the builds are so vast and so frustrating at the same time that actually makes this game so intriguing.

Design your build around any energy cost of these aura items and you will see that the drain is very easily avoidable using the right equipment and components.

“Design and Conquer” (Apologies to Westwood) :muscle:

4 Likes

While you may be suggesting this as an official update, you may want to use these video tutorials to modify the costs for your own game.

I think that auras that are used by caster and mostly Arcanist based builds should have higher cost and auras that are used by melee/aa builds should have lower cost. Not sure if it’s possible to implement.

1 Like

Make the cost is percent base (5-6% sounds sweet) and everyone is happy :d, as mostly casters rarely run out of energy.

Reserving percentages is awful because it penalizes you for no gain the more energy you have. Managing the energy requirement for buffs on low energy builds is just part of build planning and it should stay that way.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.