Suggestions for improving the Horn of Ganadarr skill

Translated using Yandex translate

Hi, everybody. I love the game Grim Dawn and really like the horn of Ganadar skill. In some builds, it is used only as a support, where it does not deal damage, but performs a different function, to reduce damage from enemies. But the game has a whole set of Rimetongue, which turns the Horn of Ganadarr skill into a combat one. It was very nice to play with this skill, but I admit that in the build that I collected through this set, the damage was caused by stars, blade spirit, and only a little bit by Horn of Ganadarr itself. Although the skill’s cooldown was 0.7s the damage from the horn was not enough. In this regard, I want to ask the respected @Zantai to give either the skill itself or the Rimetongue set a flat damage for Horn of Ganadarr and make the weapon damage 100%. And I would like to note based on the experience of playing this skill. You need to increase the damage at least 2 times. I hope for your understanding, because the Horn of Ganadarr skill is very interesting and pleasant. I would like to start using it in builds much more often, including for damage.

Below I will give one of the examples of my builds collected on the Rimetongue set using the Horn of Ganadarr skill.

GT: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/0V0emoRZ

150-170

7 Likes

I can live with Horn of Gandarr being a general support damage/utility skill (as is the case with War Cry for example).

However, If a character dedicates an entire set and supporting items to it (so Rimetongue, Empyrion’s Mercy, Codex of Truth), I think it should be capable of being more of a primary damage skill which as of current it struggles on. It’s not a case of it being a single node skill or anything similar either - Doom Bolt and Storm Totem are both examples of single node skills that when supported through enough items work.

So I’d like to see Rimetongue get some buffs to Horn of Gandarr (in general, I’ve been told that Rimetongue should be buffed all-around). Another -0.5s cooldown to the set or lowering the skill’s base cooldown from 5s to 4.5s would be nice for starters. Playstyle-wise, it could pair well with Grenado on Purifier as well - Grenado blows up single targets or clumped groups and Gandarr spam provides AoE clearance and sustain through it’s 80% weapon damage similar to CT.

2 Likes

Respected? You must not read this forum much! :smiley:

Thing is, once too much damage is piled onto an AoE that huge, it ends up clearing entire screens at once, and then it will struggle on single target anyway unless the damage reaches absurd levels.

3 Likes

Translated using Yandex translate

Pitifully. And so I wanted the horn to be stronger in damage than it is now :pensive:

what if item skill mod gave lower radius but moar damage?

Give % pierce damage to Codex of Truths. I want my meme pierce Rimetongue Gandarr Infiltrator. :scorv:

3 Likes

Lower radius / confuse, increased damage, and no cooldown. Time to :doot: our way to victory. :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m not really “for” a “jack of all trades” skill.

If you ramp up the damage and remove the CD you would need to remove it’s defensive component. The reduced target’s damage part. But all your doing then is creating “Callidor’s Tempest 2.0”

I fart-assed around with a 2-handed Infiltrator with Rimetongue sometime ago
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EmKpv2 - felt okayish even for a meme
Not really sure how you would remove the CD and not make it feel like another CT build but with an increased radius (seems kinda broken just thinking about it).

You could get away with lowering the CD by another 0.5 secs I suppose.

Gib us transmuter item nao!

and war cry transmuter so we can totally spam the two like we spam these complaints threads

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.