Targo’s Set; 4 Piece bonus

I wouldn’t ordinarily create posts but since the game is appearing to be winding down, this is the only other real suggestion I have (outside of craftable conversion rings) that I wanted to make since I am unsure if Z intended to make another post asking for suggestions to sets like he did to non set legendaries.

Targo matches Radaggan’s in that they are my most favorite sets. Thematically and functionally versatile and not overtly broken as a whole.

I haven’t run the numbers so I am not sure how much the 4 piece bonus on Targo’s contributes in terms of raw damage.

As I see it there are 2 obvious ways to play the set. As a dot nuking set or Blade Arc spam. You could do other things using some other legendaries (Like spamming ABB) and such but primarily that’s what the set does IMO.

My suggestion(s):

Turn the 4 p bonus into something like Pyran’s with or without a cool-down (preferably without).

Allow for more hammers, like PoE spectral throw that return (say 3);

Throwing one hammer that chains (say 3 targets max). This can be done using the same tech as chain lightning; or

If the proc is to remain, can we have it chain instead of returning?

Adjust numbers accordingly.

Rationale:

Adds something to spam at range while dots tick.

Tunes a lack luster proc into something useful

Downside: Blade arc spamming loses the proc. However I don’t see adding flat phys and/or %wd to the skill to compensate will cause some breaking in power since Blade Arc isn’t that great on the set as a spam.

Thanks!

This build has been buffed since this video, but the x4 storm banners were nerfed. Performance is about the same on live

Superfluff also has a blade arc spam version which can clear crucible sub 6minutes pretty regularly.

Tbh I think the CD on the proc could be reduced to allow for more hammers, but the set itself is pretty strong/ versatile

This is all fine and dandy I guess, however:

I don’t nor will I play CR. Even if the build you posted did sub 4 min.

I didn’t ask for a buff, I asked to change functionality. My fault for not being specific.

Is there a video of this build doing naked SR 65+ that consist of at least 100 runs so I can gauge performance? A video of one run or 3 is not validation of viable to me.

As it stands there are already 3 other sets that allow for BA spam. Bloodragers, Baldir’s, Spellscourge. Before anyone spews you would or would not use set X for BA spam…I don’t care about optimization, you can do it, period. Just as much as you can do it with all white, yellow, green gear.

Another counter to the my argument is to duel wield a Decree…however what if someone wants to use a shield?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.