The curse of Cain (1.1.6.1)

They are the BiS here, i guess, but you might try anything you want until you obtain wendigomane

On a similar note; why not put at least a point into Foul Eruption? Seems 18% reduction to enemy health would be nice (unless reduced targets resistances messes with some other talents or smthn?)

Foul Eruption (FE) works like this, a monster killed by RE will explode and cause those effects listed on FE. Now this will not work well against harder singular mobs like bosses. Secondly, most of bosses have huge resistance to life reduction so FE will not help against those.

2 Likes

I wanted to see how this build looked as an Archon because even with double mastery RR, no one has done a successful Archon with Vitality. Very high OA with Ascension up. Hard to find places to spend all of the skill points, so you end up with too many active abilities. But still, I spent a long time trying to build a good Vitality caster Archon and this might be what I’ve been looking for. Any kind soul willing to give this no-effort copypasta build a whirl?

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/w26Lpo0Z

2 Likes

Wow, amazing. Not even breaking a sweat on SR 85. The Dark One build has much higher OA, though.

Granted this could use a bit of updating… It would be nice to try to hit 24 on guardians for the extra summon. Also looking at it I don’t really think savagery charging is worth the headache, and those skill points can probably be put elsewhere

1 Like

New patch is out bois, excited to see if it holds any significant changes for this build

Can someone provide me skill and devotion path for madlee conjurer with same gear set up as this

Can i ask, what is the main point of Hourglass constellation? What cooldown is so important to reduce? Wouldn’t it be better to take Revenant for constant flat RR? Cuz Bysmiel’s Authority has 9 seconds down time with Time Dilation proc.

You need hourglass to have near to 100% uptime of Hungering Void, since this is a 2H build with zero CDR on gear and masteries.

1 Like

ok that makes sense

can u post a version for 1.1.8 grimtools? tks!

I play this https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZR8XpO2
Though, don’t expect much from the build now. No Ravager, no high SR, no Crate

2 Likes

Well, seems like the big Z might slay Cain without caution
No more high SR/Crate/Ravager :sob::point_right::zantai:

2 Likes

Can I still beat all optional superbosses with this build easily?

No, build was nerfed to the ground :disappointed_relieved:

Just getting into Grim Dawn. Is this build really nerfed into Oblivion? Was this the nerf bat that did the most dmg…

Dark One’s Gift: reduced Vitality damage modifier for Wendigo Totem to 100.

?

this build didn’t utilize full dark one, it used full wildblood set, which was nerfed pretty harsh.
i’ve tried it recently - always recasting vine (set would give +duration to it) is simply cancerous.
and i believe it should have some major gear tweaks.

As Grey said, the build uses Bloodknight for the long time already. Latest buffs to WB helped a lot, but idk, when I update the guide
Here is the current GT https://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZe5jrdZ