The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Thank You so much Maya. I needed that.

1 Like

Hi Maya, been reading through your pdf guide, tons of info btw :), and looking on how to raise the skill of my Familiar past 16. I see it can go to 26/16 to get the 5 projectiles but I cant see how to raise the skill past 16. Any advice? thanks.

1 Like

You need to find items that give either + to Summon Familiar or + to all Occultist skills.

1 Like

ah ok, didnt know it was done with items, thank you

1 Like

So, my current setup: Melchandra

I have two boots to choose from once I hit level 75:
Empowered Rifthound Leather Boots
Or
Deathwalker’s Grace

Which one should I use? Or should I just keep using my current boots?

Addendum:
I just picked up Blood Orb of Ch’thon. Is that better than my Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh?

1 Like

I’ve been playing this build on and off since I returned to the game a few weeks ago, it’s been very easy up until now. It still is easy to a point in that I’m not dying, not even close but moving forward is also incredibly slow.

Some boss encounters in the campaign is taking ages to kill and I’m just stumped as to where to hunt for upgrades. I’ve done some totem hunting and I ran some Warden runs but loot wasn’t exactly blowing my mind. I tried to do SR on Elite but that was a struggle and a half very early.

Currently moving slowly through AoM campaign on Ultimate and I just feel weak.

This is my current setup - https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2pzrALZ - I’m not sure what to change and/or look for atm.

Grateful for any advice on the matter.

1 Like

Personally, I’d keep Fiendflesh Greaves as boots. But I might be a bit partial to it :stuck_out_tongue:

Regarding Blood orb vs Og’Napesh, if OgNapesh pet is still doing fine, keep it. If it dies too much for your tastes, might be time to look for a replacement off-hand. However, we can’t use Blood Orb’s Skill and the non mythical version only provides +1 to Occultist. So it is not that good.

Try to see if you can get the Empowered version of Og’Napesh offhand instead as the pet becomes stronger. IS craftable if you have the blueprint: https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/293

If doing SR runs, do it on Normal instead as Elite would be slow for now. That is normal.
Other than that, Totems and Skeleton Key Dungeons are your best bet for loot.

For now, try this setup: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2GdddqV

Everything in there are faction items + farmable pants + boots/gloves/relic you already have. Devo setup is an older one which is more suited for budget builds since the one you are using atm relies on full gear (shep call makes a sizable difference).

Essentially, you need more OA + Crit and more skill points + some damage conversion for Briarthorn.

Main weapon being vendor recipe was something that had eluded me completely. I was out here thinking about how I would get all these items and it was starting to get to me.

Will have to grind some rep first but will update this after I’ve made the suggested changes and done some farming. Really hope I get that Seal of Might component soon as well, I have all the others I think.

Thank you.

1 Like

Seal of Might is only really needed for endgame stuff (and even then, not absolutely necessary). So, that hopefully shouldn’t be too much of an issue :blush:

I want to do everything with this build, as far as my own limits will take me anyways so I’m planning ahead. Guess that’s why I switched my devotions around which when I did it was a massive dps boost at the time.

Every time I think I’ve learned something and go oooh, that’s so good Something else alters it and makes me rethink everything.

500 hours in and it feels like I started yesterday still.

1 Like

Rep farming for the stuff you told me to get I got a lucky drop, offhand Gate to many worlds. Happy times! squeals with joy

Also, I have the boots used in the endgame build - Should I use those over the green I have now or wait until I have everything else?

1 Like

Nice :blush:

Definitely switch boots to Mythical Fiendflesh Greaves.
And Gate to Many Worlds should add in quite a decent bit of DPS as well :+1:

1 Like

I’m on a roll now, Touch of the Everliving Grove dropped as well. - From getting nothing to getting key items is a great feeling.

1 Like

Feels like I’m spamming here but decided to give The Ancient One a go as I passed him and this came from one of the chests - Guess I have to farm Manticore Eyes next :joy:

Would never had this progress if you hadn’t pointed me in the right direction Maya so thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I feel like you are using up all your remaining luck for this year on this :rofl:

1 Like

You’re probably right haha but it feels good tbh.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/62abGEBV

I miss some components that you used, just have to keep grinding and add them whenever I find them and use replacements meanwhile. Tomorrow after work it’s time for some manticore eye farming. If I am as unlucky with them as I was making the lower level set, it will take a while :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice, nice. That is indeed looking good.

I shall lend you some extra luck for the manticore eye farming :stuck_out_tongue:

Btw, you have 4 extra points in Familiar that you can get back from the Spirit Healer NPC and use elsewhere since it is at 30/16 atm.

1 Like

I meant to ask earlier, why is L94 so important? And, how do I know if/how a weapon changes pet damage to say fire or poison?

Items, in addition to requiring certain amount of attributes, also have level requirements before you can equip them. Level 94 is when you get to equip the endgame stuff (except for a joke item which we won’t be using in our build and hence is irrelevant in context).

Anything (not just weapons) that converts Pet damage will say so under “Bonus to All Pets” or as modification for a particular Pet like for example, “100% Physical Damage converted to Lightning Damage to Summon Briarthorn” (one of the prefixes for the Conduit of Wild Whispers).