The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Ok, thanks for your help Maya and medea, I didn’t expect to get reply from ya, thought you might be busy with other things, again thanks!! Ok I thought so about Possession is the placeholder for when we get to Primal Bond

If u were talking of during leveling the build then yes. it is indeed a placeholder of sorts. maya levels as mono class. So Occultist to 94(with recommendation to 16/16 briarthorn from shaman) and then switch to final setup.

So possession for like until 94. primal bond after. you can choose to not go for possession at all or go for primal bond at whatever stage in the game.

But since maya leveled without using shaman they invested the extra points into the possession. single mastery builds always end up with extra points.

1 Like

Why is maya banned?? What happened?

1 Like

For pets’ stats do I go for damage to all, or mixture? any suggestion? trying to figure out which gears is best, I dont know how to link those gears though

Best thing to do for gear comparison is to go to grimtools.com and upload your character to the build planner and then compare the stats on the gear. The rule of thumb is to first max your resistances, then your pets resists and then work on getting % all damage for pets.

1 Like

Conjurer, Level 94 (GD 1.1.9.3) - Grim Dawn Build Calculator here’s my build, I usually just go by damage to all, looking at this Mythical Deathwalker's Grace - Items - Grim Dawn Item Database to replace for more defenses, if that’s what I should have in mind when I wrote the original post

Until you have the full set of pet gear such as beastcallers or bysmiels I would go for shephard’s crook devotion for extra punch to the pets. An OP choice for your main hand weapon is the Salazar’s blade from act 1. The summoned pet from that hits like a truck. The gear you have looks pretty good for a fresh go at things just make sure to use the augments as you get revered with the various factions to cap out your resists. Those boots you have are pretty good. Fiendflesh greaves are great too.

OK thanks for your suggestion fizzo man!!!

I am starting to understand this build - but cna u please provide a grim tools link for ur other skill bar? (not the one with the buffs, but the one u use on a common basis). That would be great, thanks

Set that up how you like, it doesn’t really matter.

Hi im new to this game but i am so confused about how did you get so many skill points whn i find i hit 100 i was about 20 to 30 points short am i mising something
if i do wht you do max occulist im short skill points on shaman

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Did you do all the quests? You get some skill/attribute points from those. Also if you check the grimtools link and hold down the ctrl+shift key you can see how Maya distributed her points without the extra ones given from items. Do that and see if they match yours.

1 Like

To add to what Medea said, it’s always worth checking your character in grimtools (upload your character to GT, not just check your character sheet in game) after making major gear changes, gaining several levels and skill points, etc. You can easily over invest in points past the cap when you’re switching gear around that has innate skill points. The overcaps will show in red on the GT link, you can click to remove them out of the red to see how many points you wasted inadvertently. I have about 50 maxxed out characters and now and then catch myself going in the red by over investing in a skill. Sometimes even builders do it too so it’s always worth while to check closely and make sure none of the skills are over invested.

1 Like

hi, im finding it hard to follow mayas devotion recommendations because they dont seem to tally with her lvl100 fluffy squishy build.

for instance all through her build she uses devotion like raven, 4 points in rhowans call, tortoise etc that she doesnt reference below.

so do i follow the below map that she listed at the top of the page, or something else she has listed somewhere else that i missed?

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

No, that works. She’s just missed saying that Tree is only 4 points and not the entire constellation.

And if you look at the current GT link for Fluffy Squishy, it uses exactly those same constellations.

Don’t forget she’s updated that build over the years. The constellations used have changed since she first made it.

1 Like

ok, thankyou

i will keep following her recommendations. tbh at normal/veteran difficulty it isnt mattering anyway i dont think. i can stomp pretty much everything. although i did just die after doing chamber of souls. got too close to something that one shot me :frowning:
definitely squishy lol

Hi, can someone tell me if there is a conjurer pet build similair to this one but with mythical heart of the mountain for amulet? I’d like to have chillmane pet but don’t know how to modify the build to be as effective

Just look for any conjurer pet build that is not using the bysmiel’s set and slap that amulet on. There are many choices. Duskdeep, Deeblemin, Madlee all have builds you can pick from. Conjurer is tough to screw up.

Okay, will try, thanks.