The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Hello guys.
Grimtools in the “pet base” tab shows that almost all pets have physical damage resistance 20+.
Does this mean that there is no need for the hero to collect the “80% resistance to physical damage” bonus for all pets, but 60% is enough for pets to reach the upper limit of 80%?

1 Like

Yes and no.

See, enemies can reduce both the player’s and pets’ resistances. So, if you want it to remain at 80% even after your pets get their resistance reduces, you are going to need around 105% resistance (including the base resistance they already have)

2 Likes

Thank you!
I also want to ask you something.

What can you test resistance on?
There are three percentage reductions to Bleed Resistance: Curse of Weakness (Occultist), Devouring Swarm (Shaman), Huntress Constellation (to the right of Mogdrogen the Wolf).

According to the description of the game mechanics, this type of reduction should stack with each other, but my tests on Callagadra, Ravager and the dummy indicate that only the most powerful one works - the occultist’s curse.

Am I reading the wrong manuals or am I doing the wrong tests?

try verifying your game files, sounds like something got messed up on your installation

I noticed in one of your most recent pictures you were wearing everliving grove gloves, and had overlord grips in you inventory. Was this to test both or to swap based on what you are fighting?

I use the same char for all of my different builds.
So, for example, if you see my posting a Warlord build, it is my Pet Conjurer edited with GDStash to be a Warlord and given different name.

I don’t really bother cleaning up my inventory of old items most of the time. So, you see stuff like Overlord grips, which I no longer use in pretty much any of my up-to-date builds.

Also, Ignore Fluffy Squishy for the time being.
It is going to be retired/changed entirely, once 1.2 goes live.

Fair enough, I almost have Ishtar complete, and am going to use it to get my last few hardcore achievements before 1.2 drops.

Build Updated. No longer built around Familiar since the Birb is as fragile as a feather now.

Note that the skill points shown in GT atm is not accurate since it does not factor in the additional points granted to items in 1.2.

Note - The build is still defensive focused (and tankier than ever) and still green free, since those two aspects were among the reasons it was popular. So, I am not going to change that.

1 Like

Build further updated.
Pets and player made as Tanky as I could without adding in greens.

Build is going to be slow. But atleast it should provide the lazy playstyle Pets are (or used to be) known for.

Maya - You see Fwuffy, if pets can’t tank for you, tank for your pets :3

Everything except Crate was fully facetanked. (Ravager’s Blood pools too I suppose, since build doesn’t have high enough mana regen to stand in those).

1 Like

At what level is it better to invest points into Briarthorn?

1 Like

Good question. Originally the leveling setup was made for any pet build that used Occultist mastery, so I kind of left it to the players to decide, but I have updated it to a proper Conjurer based leveling now :blush:

(Essentially get a Briarthorn by level 20)

Also, it is better to go for this to level with and then switch to Fluffy Squishy once you have all the items - Blood Rose - Budget Dark One Pet build (with superboss kills :3)

2 Likes

Absolutely loving this build so far, currently only level 90 but for my first build above level 50 it’s going really well!

1 Like

Also, welcome to the forums :blush:

SR 140 done, with a ton of drug use image

3 Likes

And beat Grava too, no small feat…!

2 Likes

Seems to be that shard 140 is a threshold for soloing this far. It’s a death sentence for other non pet builds but still impressive noneless. :100: :partying_face:

2 Likes

Yup, SR 130 is kind of where I feel comfy enough with the build.
140 = doable, but chance of dying is pretty significant.
Above 140 = 1 shot territory :joy:

that said…

I got our favourite nemesis, Moosi :rofl: -

Full size image - https://i.imgur.com/qFl84Bu.jpg

SR 150 done image

5 Likes

Around 6:50 Crucible with 4 Blessing + 4 beacons.
While not fast, is good enough imo, considering how tanky this thing is :3

1 Like

SR 160 Done - https://i.imgur.com/VICTwz6.jpg
:triumph:

__

I will try to climb higher some other time :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I’ve been working on SR155 with my vitality version… I do think it’s doable with the right mix in chunk 4, I can pretty routinely get to chunk 4 without an issue. But… SR160, that’s amazing! Kubby is one of the nems I really struggle with up there… I see you smashed it. Good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes