The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Must be something at your end - GT works fine for me. Try another browser.

3 Likes

ok weird, I tried with chrome and EDge, normal and incognito, non worked, even though they use to work before.

Had to use a VPN, thanks for the answer though, it helped me.

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and glad to hear that you managed to get it working :blush:

2 Likes

Hi is this the full guide to the fluffy squishy pet conjurer build? I’m a total noob lol

I am getting the grimtools problem as well, it just keep looping at the cloudflare protection.

Apologies for the late reply, but the actual guide is here: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

However, if you just want Grimtools links for every 10 levels, you can also find it in thesecond post of this thread.

If you have any further questions, let me know :slight_smile:

Grimtools is working fine on my end. Same for cloudflare. So, I am not sure what is causing your issue.

But perhaps this might help for now:

3 Likes

Hi, could someone please help me with what is meant by
Purple > Shepherd’s
Toad > Remove Purple > Scholar’s
3 points in Rhowan’s Crown
Red > Jackal

I am confused on how to “remove purple” then does it mean put those points into the Scholar devotion and 3 points to Rhowans? Rhowans has no pet buffs so I am wondering why we remove the ones that have pet bonus to a devotion that doesnt.

Thanks

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the forums <3

Now, Rhowan’s Crown’s Proc (Elemental Storm) reduces enemy resistance to elemental damage and hence why we are taking it.

Remove Purple means remove the purple point from the Crossroads.

We are however going to later remove Sheprherd’s Crook as well, even though it is a rather powerful pet devotion. The reason for that is because of a recent patch, the build needed more tankiness/survivability and hence a bit of extra damage was traded for better defense.

Hello,

I, too, am a fresh nooby with only experience playing PoE / Diablo so please correct me if I am wrong. I saw you are taking the -30% elemental resist tornadoes, is that just for the debuff? My current game says that skill scales with player stats, does that mean it is not a “pet” or scale with “pet damage?” If I do not do any elemental damage on my own yet, should I forego it? (Going shaman -> occultist)

I was hoping to find a general pet / aura build to run with a friend of mine through our first playthroughs. Any help at all would be super appreciated, I just figured out how to find the skill tree in grim tools LOL.

1 Like

Welcome to GrimDawn and the forums :blush:

You are correct that it is only for the resistance reduction and the tornadoes do not scale with “pet damage”.

So, if you are starting shaman first and focusing on Briarthorn without any damage conversions (eg; the target farmable item “Korvaak’s burning-blade”) you can indeed forego it until later :+1:

Also, a slight bit of change that should benefit more in a multiplayer setting: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jzyox2 (mostly more healing and utility at the cost of a small loss in damage)

1 Like

Thank you so much for the quick reply and custom tweaks! My buddy is doing a demo/occult fire build and we have been enjoying it so far!

1 Like

Do note that same debuff does not stack even if from 2 different sources.

So only one of you should need Vulnerability.
Also can take some points from Curse of Frailty itself since neither of you are going for phys or bleed :blush:

I see that you use Scholar’s Light, but it doesn’t give you any pet bonuses, contrary to Hawk for example which also brings you to enough green affinity for Rowan’s Crown for the same three devotion points. Do you need the extra Aether and Elemental resists, or would Hawk be a better choice for the extra pet crit damage and %OA?

OH, good question. Though Maya did mention the switch to give us a bit better defense in one of the above posts. I am curious though :slight_smile:

Yeah, it is for the extra resistance + more energy regen since I like to spam stuff.

Build only has +9 overcap on Aether res and enemies can easily debuff you for more than -30 res.

Also due to variations on the stats on items ingame (GT shows average), without the +8 from Scholar’s, one might even end up with less than 80 Aether res.

Since the build is intended to be geared more towards defense, Scholar’s won out :yum:

Yeah, it is for the extra resistance + more energy regen since I like to spam stuff.

Ah, I figured that since it is a pet build it wouldn’t need the extra energy (I usually don’t run out except for some more active primal spirit builds). But the extra Aether overcap for safety makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Hey Maya, I’m new to Grim Dawn, but I’m loving this build. One question I do have is what stats do I want to look for on gear, and what is the priority order of those stats? I assume that I can safely ignore any personal +damage stats, since my pets will be doing all the heavy lifting? Do I want/need attributes on my gear, or should I just purely focus on resistances and +pet/class skills?

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the forums :blush:

To answer in detail, take a look at the “Mini-Guide” section in orange here (clicking it will expand the section): The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

It has all the info on what to look for in items :yum:

UGH, I am REALLY getting frustrated. I can’t kill ANY major bosses anymore at all. I have followed the devotion instructions to the T to this point. I am level 65 up to have completed Typhos, but not removed Sheperds or Jackal as of yet. Maybe it is my gear. Any advice? Thanks again.

Reason: This is an endgame build and not really something to be used while leveling up.

For that, look here: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

(or in the second post of the thread which says “How to Level” in bright green.)