The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Yeah, it is for the extra resistance + more energy regen since I like to spam stuff.

Build only has +9 overcap on Aether res and enemies can easily debuff you for more than -30 res.

Also due to variations on the stats on items ingame (GT shows average), without the +8 from Scholar’s, one might even end up with less than 80 Aether res.

Since the build is intended to be geared more towards defense, Scholar’s won out :yum:

Yeah, it is for the extra resistance + more energy regen since I like to spam stuff.

Ah, I figured that since it is a pet build it wouldn’t need the extra energy (I usually don’t run out except for some more active primal spirit builds). But the extra Aether overcap for safety makes sense. Thanks for the reply!

1 Like

Hey Maya, I’m new to Grim Dawn, but I’m loving this build. One question I do have is what stats do I want to look for on gear, and what is the priority order of those stats? I assume that I can safely ignore any personal +damage stats, since my pets will be doing all the heavy lifting? Do I want/need attributes on my gear, or should I just purely focus on resistances and +pet/class skills?

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the forums :blush:

To answer in detail, take a look at the “Mini-Guide” section in orange here (clicking it will expand the section): The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

It has all the info on what to look for in items :yum:

UGH, I am REALLY getting frustrated. I can’t kill ANY major bosses anymore at all. I have followed the devotion instructions to the T to this point. I am level 65 up to have completed Typhos, but not removed Sheperds or Jackal as of yet. Maybe it is my gear. Any advice? Thanks again.

Reason: This is an endgame build and not really something to be used while leveling up.

For that, look here: The Carnival - A Guide to Pets

(or in the second post of the thread which says “How to Level” in bright green.)

I am using Maya’s Fluffy Squishy leveling guide and having zero issues killing anything. I am level 62 and have completed Bastion of Chaos and Port Valbury with ease.

Now for my question:
I am currently using a Wretched Crow of Bysmiel, but I just picked up a Black Scourge. I do have a Black Grimoire of Og’Napesh. Is it worth giving up the +2 to occultist skills to use the MH/OH combo?

1 Like

Depends… On one hand Black Scourge + Og’Napesh gives more Pet Stats + extra Pet. On the other, that +2 to Occultist can technically mean a good deal of free points to spend on Shaman.

Upload your current save to GT and I can give a more concrete answer :blush:

Maya,

I believe I’ve uploaded my profile correctly:
Melchandra

1 Like

I would say it is fine to transition into Scourge + Og’Napesh for now since the extra pet should theoretically outweigh the lost points, which since most of your skills are at or over the soft cap, should not have too noticeable of an impact. Plus, If you don’t like it, can always switch back :yum:

Hio, yea I think I am following Maya’s guide as best I can that’s why I am not sure why I am having trouble. Not sure what to do or what I may be missing.

Upload your current build/save to GT and link here :yum:

heh, I have been looking on how to do that but so far can’t see how, and i am getting confused as part of your build lists certain skills but then the pics posted above show different skills chosen, e.g. Possession isn’t shown used in the pics but is list as 12/12 in the written part at the beginning of this page. Sorry for being so mixed up here. I am just new.

You can respec skill points any time at the Spirit Guide NPC: https://grimdawn.fandom.com/wiki/Spirit_Guide

We level up differently and then change to the given build once you have everything needed (the item sets for eg)

As for how to upload your build, all the info you need should be here: [GrimTools] Build Calculator

GRRRRRR, I am sorry Maya, I tried to upload my character but the instructions don’t match what I am seeing when I use the tool. So should I use the written skills info at the top or go by the pics posted just about of the skill and devotion info? And, where should I be farming for equipment? At level 67 I don’t have any of the stuff you do :slight_smile:

What I’ve been doing is just looking for gear that has +Occultist, +Familiar, +Hellhound, +Briarthorn, or +Shaman, and also has Bonus to Pets as well. After that, I look for +resistances. My final priority is +Stats (Physique, Cunning, Spirit). I don’t pay any attention to anything that gives ME damage increases, as I don’t do any of the damage. I just debuff enemies so that my pets can moider them.

As far as uploading to GrimTools, you want to go to the build calculator (https://www.grimtools.com/calc/), and then click on the icon on the left with the arrow pointing up. That will bring up the upload tool. The first two lines are the locations on your hard drive where Grim Dawn stores your character data. You want to look in either of those places and find your characters “.gdc” file (Charactername.gdc). Once you know where to find it, click on the second up-arrow on the upload tool and navigate to it and the tool should do the rest.

1 Like

ok i think i did it https://www.grimtools.com/calc/a2EPmAvN if so, TYVM :slight_smile:

Ok, do this: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/d2jzDwl2

Do not farm for anything other than the materials for a starter pet Relic (Hysteria or Savage should be enough). Ignore this thread for now until you reach lvl 94. Follow the PDF guide instead. Let me link straight to it to avoid any confusion.

>>Click Me<<

Thank You so much Maya. I needed that.

1 Like

Hi Maya, been reading through your pdf guide, tons of info btw :), and looking on how to raise the skill of my Familiar past 16. I see it can go to 26/16 to get the 5 projectiles but I cant see how to raise the skill past 16. Any advice? thanks.

1 Like