The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

Issue is that if you want something like Meteor shower, you’d have to change the entire devo setup to meet the requirements. Meanwhile, something like Swapping Tree of Life for Dying God is easier to do while keeping the core intact.

Yup for sure. :slight_smile:
But the essence of my thinking is correct right?

Also for a HC version of your build would you go with tortoise over solemn watcher?

Thanks! :smiley:

Yes, but you still need more than 1000% bonus damage even on a budget setup. To make the most of devotion procs, you are looking at 1500%+ bonus damage. Ofcourse all that will come at the cost of defense, so need to balance that too.

No, Watcher gives too much and Tortoise Proc is unreliable.

Thank you Maya. :slight_smile:

And thank you for the many pet builds and your guide to everything-pet’ish.

1 Like

I was recently in a similar situation to you. I came back from a decently long break and had been playing Sigatrev’s elemental conjurer, which had really nice damage (especially aoe for clearing shards and such) but the defenses were a little flimsy and I would die sometimes on SR 75-76.

Once I found the bysmiel set pieces I needed, I tried using Maya’s build as posted with the blood orb since I can’t seem to find the gate to many worlds. The tankiness is great, but the damage didn’t sit well with me - especially in situations when there were decent sized groups of elites.

I ended up also referencing Dusk’s setups and made a sort of hybrid that still kills fast but is fairly tanky, so it’s perfect for casually farming stuff. I killed Ravager and Mogdrogen on the first try with it too, but haven’t tried other superbosses yet. The gear is the same as Maya’s, but I changed a lot of the devotions to be offensive and took the raven healing skill:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4NOPvxY2

It’s basically Sigatrev’s devotions, but I dropped Behemoth in favor of Bysmiel’s Bonds since the raven healing is so good I felt comfortable with exchanging giant’s blood for all those juicy pet bonuses + temporary pet. The only constellation I had to take and didn’t really like was Mantis, which still has some benefits. Dusk had a very similar devotion setup that took Fiend instead since he also used Primal Spirit, but I didn’t want to introduce too many buttons to the builld.

You can see in the Grimtool link how my skills are setup. I press 1-5, and mouse buttons for Dreeg/Amatok and Q for pet attack. All of my summons and buffs are on the other action bar. I felt this was also a good balance between Maya’s and Dusk’s for amount of buttons to press.

Hm… while that is a nice setup, the low DA + taking Bysmiel’s Bonds when we already have Rhowan’s Crown for RR (they don’t stack) triggers my OCD :frowning:

I would say the devo setup is more suited to Beastcaller builds than Trinkets due to Trinkets not being good with managing Aggro. Also the reason for taking Ishtak devo route.

If you want more damage, have you tried this?: The Weeping Queen - Pet Conjurer

(also Gate will boost Clear speed btw, so highly recommended to get it ASAP)

1 Like

Yeah, I wanted the passive bonuses + the pet itself from Bysmiel’s Bonds. I’ve definitely noticed bigger damage spikes from lower DA, but I rarely push higher SR so it hasn’t been too much of a problem yet.

I was previously using full beastcaller’s with Glyphs of Kelphat’zoth per Sigatrev’s build, but I was still getting aggro really often. Perhaps I was doing something wrong with my positioning. Biggest issue is once a Fabius or two decided to chase me, I didn’t have much healing or a way to get them off. This is where going to 4p trinkets for double raven and healing was so nice for me, to cover for my occasional screw-up / aggro.

I’ll definitely give your weeping queen build a go once I get my hands on the Gate - been doing totem runs often and get Scion of Celestial Portents over and over…

1 Like

Hi man, i MUST use that gear or can use the build with drops till i get it all? ( new player here)

You can just focus on any random pet gear while leveling. The item on the Grimtools Link are only for the final build :yum:

Is wind devil manditory for the build, is it much of a drop off if I just use the 11 points elsewhere.

I just dont like having to micro manage something everything few seconds, was the whole reason I wanted a pet build, thanks.

First of all welcome to the game and the forums :blush:

As for Wind Devils, you can skip out on them, but will then need to take the Widow Devotion for the Resistance reduction.

But then you need to have skill that can activate it, Widow cant be bound to pets, or has that been changed?

Pet builds trivializes 90% of what the game has to offer anyway ( :wink: )

Widow can be Bound to CoF (can’t be bound to pets, no :frowning:) and transmuted DEE can take over for Shep Call.

Pets builds are easy mode, yeah image

2 Likes

Hey, Maya. I just wanted to drop by and say thanks. I followed this build for the first character I started out with and it somewhat ruined my expectations for how difficult Grim Dawn actually is, including cheesing Lokarr as a fresh, undergeared 100. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Honestly though, its always nice to have a hassle-free farming build on tap. Since then, I’ve put in a little over 400 hours in and got properly hooked.

2 Likes

Glad to have helped :blush:

Nice! :popcorn:

One of the perks about having defensive devotion map is that you don’t need lot’s of skills for procing, there’s also the cool solution of Plasmo to use rune augment which can be assigned to devotion.

As for Widow, I like actually CoF for proccing it, especially if you have +skills bonus to Occultist’s mastery and bigger radius/duration.

1 Like

Are there any tricks to get any piece of the bysmiel’s trinket set or a gate to many worlds.

I have already completed every inch of ultimate and countless shard runs without dropping a single trinket piece yet and I have spent literal days running eldritch totems on ultimate in act 7 chasing a gate.

I get the whole rng aspect but this is pretty absurd.

You may need to spend a couple more days then since Gate is one of the rarer legendary drops in my experience. I’ve been hitting up eldritch totems going through Lost Oasis farming for magic rings and I’ve only seen 1 drop at the 250-ish hour mark and I’m already 400 hours in.

Can’t speak for trinkets rate as I got mine soon enough but you could try your luck at the blacksmith in FG that trades accessories for rare mats

Ya, stopped by that blacksmith this morning, spent 50 eldritch essences and didnt get a single piece of bysmiels.

At this rate probally just going to head back to PoE, I only came here to take a break from the layers upon layers of RNG, I didnt think itd be even worse in a casual, single player friendly game like this.

Drop rate is what mobs drop you, why you have to blow all your resources on Bysmiel? Playing the game eventually will reward you with the items you need. If not you can used the legendary gear you have and trade. Or use different items. Do you have Beastcaller set for example?