The Fluffy Squishy - Pet Conjurer - SR 170 version :3

A slightly different version of Fluffy Squishy with Permanent 80% Phys Res for the player: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/dVbmLDY2

(Don’t like the Aether res sacrifice that had to be made though :frowning:)

Another Variation for those who don’t like Shepherd’s Crook Devotion: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/O2G1xQnZ :3

…Aandddd the Version without Shepherd’s Crook manages to kill Callagadra in 10 mins, 1 min faster than the original version in the OP :sweat:

I’m levelling the original build when you posted a new version. Just to recap, is the new version (with wild thorn and without crook) just an upgraded/better version of the original (with Rifthound and crook)?

1 Like

Hi Maya,

qq. Wondering if while I’m playing always better to look after items which give extra 1 point to all occultist skills or not really ? Example have this shield +1 but currently to focus on Bonus to all pets?
Btw How this is possible that I can have it right hand instead of weapon ?

1 Like

No, no. the new version is still under testing. I will update the main post if I like it better. But normally, there is not much of a reason to not choose Crook.

Calagadra kill time becoming faster is not an indicator since Pets got more survivability in the new version against Cally. So further tests need to be made before I can conclude.

EDIT: New version is up :yum:

All items that start with “Totally Normal” in their name are weapons with Shield skins, intended as a joke by the devs. The items themselves are pretty powerful though, for what they are.

As for the question of +1 to mastery vs Pet bonuses, it is complicated…

Early on, you want raw Pet stats. But as you unlock more and more of the mastery, that +1 to skills become much more attractive.

Like say you have 5 skills unlocked, with +1 to skills, you now have 5 extra points invested into those skills for free.

If you have 10 skills unlocked instead, it is worth double that now. Pet builds being skill point intensive later on, make really good use of +X to skills in general. So it is always a good idea to keep an eye out for them.

But it is generally not needed while leveling unless you have something like Reap Spirit which lets you summon an extra Pet at 17/16 points.

Easiest way to find out whether it is worth making the switch is to see how many free points you will be getting and whether you can use those points effectively to balance the loss of raw stats.

It is also better to look for items that come with both, if you can.

Fluffy Squishy has been updated.

New Features:

• Added the proper image in the original post to convey accurately how to play the build.
  • Now with even more laziness, no more need to bother with keeping up Shepherd’s Call buff because we are not taking that devotion :triumph:
  • Pets get Life Steal because someone complained that they die…
  • Even more health regen for both Pets and the Player because people die when they run out of Health Points…
  • Permanent 80% Phys Res because not capping your resistances like some Pheasant is not something we do around these parts.
  • Faster and easier Callagadra kills, because you need to actually facetank it while standing in its Tornadoes to die…
  • Slower Crucible Clear Speed, because who the hell cares about Lokarr’s entertainment :3

Previous version with Shepherd’s Crook can still be found in the third post of this thread

1 Like

Alright, some further testing done. Crate was used for target practice this time :3

Took about 30 seconds more, but that was to be expected.

However, the major change is that not only is the build much more tankier than before, there is also much less aggro now that you can afford to cast Curse of Frailty with much less frequency than before (since you don’t need to proc Shepherd’s Call anymore).

Build still feels buttery smooth to play and you don’t really notice the lack of damage from not having Shepherd’s Call proc.

But one of the major reasons why I went with this change (and it was not an easy decision to make, to drop one of the most important Pet devotions) was due to the upcoming changes to SR as outlined here: Upcoming Changes to the Shattered Realm (v1.1.9.0)

With low aggro on the player, even without the camera abuse thingy, SR should be pretty easy upto a reasonable level.

And there we have it. The Lazier Fluffy Squishy is born :3

What do you think about applying [Essence of Ch’thon] to one hand? The “15% Reduced target’s Resistances” sounds pretty good, or is Ravager’s Eye just better?

1 Like

Require YOU to deal weapon damage to be activated on monster.

1 Like

What Ulvar said. Also I have found %RR to be not as effective as one would assume. I used to have Elemental Pet builds with Ultos devotion that also has %RR on its proc (and could be bound to pets). But it did not make much difference damage wise.

1 Like

Is that just some weird inconsistency or is there any specific text that indicates that I have to do weapon damage to proc that? Why doesn’t curse of frailty (which is considered an attack?) proc that?

Just how %RR works in general IIRC.

As for CoF, it counts as an attack, but does not apply weapon damage.

Further more, if you have say 10% RR and you use a skill with 50% weapon damage to apply it, you only get 5% RR out of it instead of the full 10%. But if you use a skill with 200% weapon damage, it still only does 10% RR…

Not sure why it is like that. Perhaps something about how things work in the TQ engine which was used as base for GD. Or just a weird choice by the devs…

@Nico_Pootato all non skill-specific properties in Grim Dawn require weapon damage to be applied.

Like the energy leech on these gloves https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/9105 only activates from weapon damage attacks and are scaled to weapon damage % (up to 100% effect).

1 Like

Went on a god slaying marathon today, killed every celestial without much trouble. This is my first time fighting any celestial besides Lokarr

Died to Mogdrogen once; I partially blame that on my inexperience and partially blame the lack of stun res. Aggro dropped and I got zapped out of displacement and got blown up. The rest of celestials are deathless (during the fights, I died multiple times in the Bonebleach Basin to the sandstorm).

Pets still die, to Mog, to Calla and even to the Mad Queen. During Mog and Calla fights my body end up being the “tank”, draging the boss around and allowing my ravens to do damage. Not sure if that’s normal or should I micro my pets around to avoid them dying.

SR clears feels really slow (compared to my previous Leviathan - Death Knight), not sure if is because the pets not getting the bonus from the shattered soul buff.

Really nice build, super sturdy, super chill, did everything I wanted to do, that is, to slay all the gods that ever dare to visit this land.

1 Like

Yeah, Mogdrogen’s stun is dangerous. Since he also deals exclusively lightning damage and has like -80% lightning RR, with his projectiles shotgunning, it is like facing a super-powered Birb :sweat_smile:

As you noted, the lack of stun res does not help with things. So it is mostly about careful positioning to avoid getting stunned in the first place, which his small size and numerous pets don’t make easy…

Pets should not die too much against Mog, atleast the Familiars shouldn’t. Briarthorn / Hellhound dying is normal. But if you want an easier time Switch to Mythical Voidmancer for Mog fight and you get immortal Pets :stuck_out_tongue:

Mad Queen kind of has that Aura which combined with Familiar’s having multiple projectiles… yeah. If the boss had Callagadra like stats, that would have been a near impossible fight…

And speaking of Callagadra, pets dying left and right is perfectly normal for that thing is designed to shred Pets. Only way to avoid that is to use Reap Spirits since they can’t die :yum:

Now, with proper micro, these fights do tend to be easier, but I personally don’t bother with it. So not necessary in my opinion.

For SR, that is one of the reasons. But mostly it is because the build is tuned towards being easy and lazy to play, even at the cost of sheer power.

Also, glad to hear that it was able to fulfill all your needs :blush:

Now, for a bit of advertisement, if you want to try something faster, like much, much faster interms of kill/clear speed, check this out: [1.1.8.1] KaosKats V2 Taking pets to the Darkside || EVERYTHING+++ 5.37 Cruci ||

It is not the same powerhouse as Fluffy Squishy defensively, but interms of damage it can output, it blows pretty much most if not all current pet builds out of the water. And there is never such a thing as having too many pet builds :3

1 Like

First off: love your builds maya. You’re the OG pet guru.

Second, are skeletons not viable, or do you just not like them because they require too much micro?

Third, does it trigger anyone elses OCD to leave points in the crossroad? Or is it just me? Lol

1 Like

Welcome to the forums :blush:

As for Skeletons, they are viable… kind of. It is just that with the same amount of effort regarding both gearing them up and actually playing them, you could get a much more powerful Pet build if you focus on another Pet (Hellhound aside, since it is also weak atm).

It is not necessarily a micro issue, but more like powercreep and indirect nerfs leaving it in a weird state. Patch 1.1.9.0 is promised to bring some pretty big changes regarding pets. It could bring about nerfs, but hopefully also buffs. We will see what happens then.

As for leaving points in the Crossroad, can empathize :yum:

Can i ask, how do you convert 100% of pet physical damage to elemental damage? Cause i see only 54% from Bysmiel Mindweaver, and can’t find anything else.

Rings do the rest :stuck_out_tongue:

I have little clue about this game honestly, so forgive me for stupid question. I saw you were testing this build also: [1.1.8.1] KaosKats V2 Taking pets to the Darkside || EVERYTHING+++ 5.37 Cruci ||

Would you say both this and chaos pet builds are equally strong now?