The game keeps crashing once I reach End-Game

Sometimes even earlier, once I’m around level 70 - 100 it starts crashing on me, for no particular reason.
The only mods I use are the rainbow colors mod and Grim Internals, but it happens even with both mods off.
I’m not sure, if a 4GB Patch would work in this instance, and I don’t wanna ruin anything by trying to apply one.
Anyone knows a workaround for this issue, before I abandon this game for good?

Thank you all for your help.

Try verifying the game files, make sure all your drivers are up to date and that all the C++ redistributables are installed.

Otherwise only way to find out is to update the game to the latest version since you give no info on what might be causing it at your end. It makes no sense that the game would start crashing when you reach a certain level since nothing changes from the rest of the game.

I know it doesn’t. That’s why I’m seeking help here of all places.
I could’ve gone to reddit, but I thought, might give the official forum a chance.
Other than that, I run Windows 10 with all required updates installed, as well as my nVidia Gfx card which has also the latest update.
I’m running this game on steam. This fact should make it clear that I’ve already the latest version of the game.
I’m really desperate, I think it might have to do something with the engine, and I surely can’t be the only one that’s happening to.

Yea… that’s quite a bit of a stretch there - and no evidence in existence currently supports that theory. You are the only one to report or suggest such a thing that I’ve seen.

What 4GB patch are you referring to? There is no such thing, definitely not for Steam copies. You mentioning this is probably the reason why Medea thought you might be using a GOG version of the game and not Steam.

Does this happen with all of your characters? For those affected, what do they have in common? Since when (i.e. which patch) is this happening? See Crash from Bloody Pox for a maybe related issue.

There’s a settable flag in 32 bit EXE files that allows them to use almost 4GB on 64 bit Windows - but since Grim Dawn has a 64 bit executable that point is quite moot… and I can’t think of a reason to use the 32 bit version unless you’re running 32 bit Windows…

1 Like

It stopped suddenly, after I decided to reinstall the steam redistributable. Thanks to all for your suggestions and help.

Ah now that you mention it that sounds familiar - and something I haven’t thought of in a long time.