The New Nemesis System (from 1.2.1.0)

If you’re already at Nemesis with a faction you can’t use a Warrant far as I know since it wouldn’t add anything. Like Mandates, Warrants are more for your other characters to use to gain hostile rep faster.

1 Like

It’s just a fancy way of saying: “Not all Eldritch monsters will count for Kaisan, not all Wendigos will count for Reaper. Etc…”

Some monsters have a monster type that is different from their faction type.
For Nemesis, only the faction matters.

Arkovian Undead are the faction that summons Moosi, and no other Undead kills will contribute to that.
Same with Eldritch outside of FG, like the monsters in the Hidden Path, they can’t summon Kaisan.

The list goes on. :smiley:

1 Like

the way i understood it, but wasn’t specified in detail, is it’s a simple kill counter

but, i did have that question too inb my mind, whether or not infamy was directly related,
because it sorta seems like when killing a bunch of heroes the Nems spawn quicker than just killing white trash :sweat_smile:
*totems seem particularly juicy, but maybe that’s just because actual large volume spawns not the type of spawns

It is a clarification that monsters that do not grant reputation or xp will not count towards spawning a Nemesis. You can’t, say, farm zombies being spawned by a Reanimator forever and expect to run into Valdaran.

Oddly enough tho (and maybe I’m not aware of the monsters that count towards spawning a Nem) I’ve noticed that the non hero cultists/harbingers in Tomb of Korvaak contribute to Nem spawns. Maybe has something to do with the dangerous area?

Well, yes.

1 Like

No I saw that, my point was that I only thought that hero mobs gave experience towards this. :v:

trash mobs give you kill rep/infamy too when still not revered right? it’s just only like 1-3
so aslong as it’s tied to the faction you’re good for rep as long as the mob is in level range

1 Like

If the Nemesis spawn is now infamy based, does it mean that even with maxed out infamy, using a warrant will now lead to faster Nemesis spawns?

It’s not based on amount of Infamy, just whether an enemy can theoretically reward Infamy.

Because summoned enemies cannot reward Infamy, they cannot be used to spawn Nemeses.

That was Zantai’s whole point.

i’m assuming it also means we can’t spawn Nemesis from underlevelled enemy kills? so like can’t spawn Fabby in cronley’s lair on Normal (since it caps out around 40) ? :thinking:

That would be unfortunate for farming twink gear…

that’s already off the table for a bunch of items since so many areas now have either X fixed max scaling, or scales fully to level 100 :woozy_face:
even before the nemesis spawn change you couldn’t get low level nem items unless you spawned them on an actual low level char (stuff like lvl 50 reaper pants much harder to get etc/only found in SR)
it was one of the gripes raised by a couple of players with the 1.2 level scaling change, ex for lvl 30 Alkamos rings and such too i think were specific examples used at the time iirc

sooo this just happened :woozy_face:

i think it’s about the earliest i remember getting Nemesis, even with the new 200% warrants
and funnily enough got undead Nemesis before beasts :sweat_smile:
worse part, i’m about to enter Steps of Torment for the Anasteria quest, so there is probably a semi decent chance Moosi might actually spawn on the run
not quite sure this char is ready :rofl:

2 Likes

Sure, but how does it function in the background? Do you have to, for example, kill enemies worth 500 points of infamy for the Nemesis to spawn? It is boosted in the dungeons with modifiers, just wondering if it’s still an infamy counter or a completely different mechanic, and whether warrant will make the Nemesis spawn faster.

It’s a kill counter, not an Infamy counter, but the kills only count if you would theoretically receive Infamy.

And at long last, we can finally have the fight-clubs we always dreamed about.

KubaVsKrieg

Game being played as it was always intended.

6 Likes

Reminds me of when Crate did a stream years ago with the various bosses fighting each other. :laughing:

amazed Kuba could even get its fat butt there :laughing: - when i spawned Grava in tomb of the watchers he couldn’t move out the room he spawned in/couldn’t get through the arch/doorway :rofl:

He just ignored doors, his collision seems to be much smaller than the model.
Had to break him down, to reset his leash a few times though.