The State of Early Access - Update #03

Great news! I can’t wait for the update, new buildings look so good! We really need rivers in the game, we have lakes and marshes, but not rivers most popular water source to place the town around it in medieval times, apart from that rivers would naturally add possibilities for new buildings like bridges, watermills etc. (maybe even a type of bridge that is also a market on the sides so we can have our own London bridge in our medieval towns.) Also since the game isn’t specified to be in Europe how about we add plants from Asia, rice was already eaten in Italy in medieval times. More farming plants would be great. (maybe even a new type of farmland a flood plain/ rice paddy for rice and wheat like in Asia or Egypt. Apart from those ideas I want to say I love your game very much, it is so much fun! Utmost thanks for the ability to move the town centre next update!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

FF is a fantasy world so I guess all sorts of things could be included.

1 Like

So when can we do a play test for 0.83v? I’m looking forward to it!

It’s what I left in the previous post.
When using the Korean version, English is still found in the “Antique Valley” map section. Please review it.

After v0.8.2 is playtested and released. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

So amazing ! This game is really on the way to the perfect city builder ever developped !
Keep going on you really make great work !!!

2 Likes

A thought for the graveyard… make a new later tier building, the Mausoleum. It should cost mostly stone but have a gold cost as well. Make it the size of the Root Cellar, and give it a limit of 25 or something, and moveable.

4 Likes

I’m really excited for the new features and quality of life improvements. I’ve now managed to bring 8 towns to the current 1k population cap and not having to manually apply compost to the fields and check for dead fruit trees will make the endgame more enjoyable. The only thing missing is the ability to automatically fill the jobs vacated by dead villagers. This is so tedious when your town hits the 1k cap and you have to do it several times / year. I would think this would be an easy change and hope it can be added the 8.2 update.

3 Likes

My citizens were asking

When will they be able to go into the theater?

Congregate at the festival pole?

Yes, they did ask about bringing a bear to the festival pole in the middle of summer, it seemed a bit weird and culty, but they had just eaten a bunch of mushrooms.

Will the pub ever serve meals made from combining ingredients?

Will the bakery ever learn a new recipe?

I’m sure they have lots of ideas but after the bear thing I took down the suggestion box.

5 Likes

When the trade post cant be stocked because Hilda just HAS to run a bar of soap to her house on the other side of town, even though her house is next to the market and Gunther that lives with her works in the soap shop, then no, no the logistics in the game aren’t even Medievally realistic.

1 Like

With a name of ohiohousewife your telling me your husband has never forgotten to bring home something important after a days work? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Loving the game!

Is a scalable mass priority option in the pipeline for building and for completion of tasks at some point? Rating priority levels would be helpful, particularly when my labourers won’t pick up dead people off the streets…

Give that poor woman a brake. :wink:

2 Likes

I really hope it improves from a resourse point of view, game becomes unplayable on a decent spec machine after 500 villagers is reached. 11th Gen I7 with 16 gig ram and ssd

Qué bien, gracias por tenernos en cuenta a todxs! y felicidades por vuestro gran trabajo. Deseando esa actualización yeahhhhhh!

fantastic job on this game , graphics are super,
I found it hard to maintain the food. If there will be more like sheep’s pigs etc in barn extra it will much help.

1 Like

IF at least half of your workforce is not engaged in Food Production, it’s not historically accurate.
In game, I find that for any population total over 5 - 600, I need at least 10 - 12 full 12 x 12 fields and at least 3 - 4 barns with 20 cows each and cheesemakers cheesing away - and some hunters and foragers to supplement - at least 100 - 120 people just producing food, not counting the market grocers, fletchers (for the hunters), Preservists, glass-makers, coopers, etc that are required to keep the food from going bad before it gets to the houses.

Even not counting the Ratcatchers, it’s a Rat Race . . .

1 Like

For a population of 1k, I have 10 12x12 fields and 6 fully populated T4 barns. This provides more than enough food for my village. With this setup I typically have anywhere between 18 - 24 months worth of food. Backing this up I have 3 fully staffed preservist buildings and three glass makers. Getting the perservists running effectively really helps streach out the food supply.

Minimum set up is 4 upgraded barns, with cheese prod. 8 12x12 fields. 3 arborists. 3 bakers With preservist. 4 hunters and 4 gatherers maybe a fisher or two. This is what I typically get for 1k pop on vanquisher so I have lots of people still manning garrisons and towers. It’s lean but I manage 4 to 6 months food supply unless something bad happens. I will buy smoked meat or fish when it’s on sale.

I confess, I probably don’t make enough use of Arborists and Preservists, but my Just Below 1k (960) pop city got 6 - 8 months’ food supply stored with 10 12x12 fields, 3 Upgraded barns (and clover-planted grazing areas for Fat Cows), 3 Bakers, 1 each Arborist and Preservist, but still 6 Hunters and 5 Foragers gleaning the countryside. On my latest build I’m consciously trying to use more of the late-game Preservists, because I have 3 sand pit locations on this map and should be able to keep up glass production better - the previous map had only one, which ran out and the Traders (of course!) came by about once every 2 - 3 years with sand to sell: my glass production cratered, along with the preservationists and luxury income.

Just a couple of things I keep thinking about:

1. Recycling. Maybe this could be an endgame building, for example workers could recycle used furniture into wood, used preserves into glass etc.
  2. In the endgame it’s quite easy to amass gold, so why not also incurr a happiness penalty when moving the graveyard?

It’s an awesome game, keep it up.

1 Like