The State of Early Access - Update #03

Would be also cool to have a silversmith or a goldsmith in the game!

In the Medievalish period the game sort of models, ‘goldsmith’ covered everything: workers in gold, silver, gemstones, etc., so a single new Profession and Workshop could allow the game to add Silver and Gems as resources on the map or by trade and the ‘goldsmith’ could add value to them for High Tier Housing luxuries or very lucrative trade goods.
This is one place where being “historically accurate” actually simplifies things!

Hi. Love the game, bought it this Saturday and I’ve been playing it whenever I had free time. So far there aren’t many people streaming it on twitch but it seems to be quite demanding of internet bandwidth for it. Is there any way to reduce that? (I play the game at max quality with no issues, it’s just my 50mb/s connection that makes things slightly difficult, should consider an upgrade).
Also, I’ve read all the comments on this topic. I highly emphasize the need for a minimap with simple uses, and if possible a toggle option with “enemy” indicators when viewed by the citizens.
There is one thing I’ve had issues with, it’s the boar territory. 2 boars have killed over 50 people that were passing through their territory. I had 2 Hunter huts killing them repeatedly + 4 towers built around their zone + around 7 soldiers doing their work BUT THE BOARS STILL RANDOMLY SPAWN, kill 2-3 people before dying. Rinse, repeat. Is there any way to fully eliminate/move their spawn zones? :see_no_evil:

you can fence their spawn off.

2 Likes

That’s not a bad idea. Existing mines could also produce other metals as well, eg a gold mine could produce a small percent of silver, an iron mine could produce a small percent of copper. The smelter could be upgraded to include silver and copper as well as the existing iron and gold.
Trouble is the game only gives you a finite amount of mineral resources. I know they are going to be including a new mine that does everything, so I suppose that could be upgraded to include silver and copper. Or have a mine spoil recycling plant, that can sift through the spent mines for silver and copper.

First off I LOVE this game. I would love to see a “carpentry” guild building that will end the constant searching for buildings needing to be repaired. Once a building reaches maybe 60%, a trained carpenter would automatically repair the building.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

This already happens ingame. So long as you have enough labourers and builders not doing other jobs they’ll repair buildings auotmatically.

Ok I see. I bought the game a week ago and I love it. The music is superb and overall gameplay is causing me to stay up way too late. Lol

1 Like

Gang I love your game. Please add hotkeys to rotate the camera. Thank you.

Welcome to the forum. :slightly_smiling_face:

Those are coming in the next patch.

3 Likes

Only important thing left to do is for devs to add sheep. Then raiders steal said sheep… Might be able to think of a good name for that.

1 Like

I think it’d be funny if the devs added wolves in sheep clothing, then put them in the field, and when the raiders attack - the wolves eat the raiders.

Or, war sheep! They attack the raiders!

I have no idea why this popped into my mind, but there it is.

2 Likes

Any updates on how the new release is doing? I know crate won’t rush a release until satisfied with the quality - but any news regarding the timeline?

is it possible to raise the pop to 1500 for the 8.2 or 8.3 realease spend 1500 hours playing had a few map to max. currant one has a max pop cap room of 1800.

also as a disabled person who hands don’t work well sometimes the Q and E to spin the map is great

:sob:same, want to know the time

Hi!

I have my 1 000 pop town setup on Idyllic, Arid, Plains and Lakes scénarios. Waiting next updates.

Working on Alpine actually :slight_smile:

It is not a good idea to raise population over 1 000 actually. They have to improve performance first. My setup (i5-11600k, 32 Go DDr4 RAM, M2 SSD, RTX 3060 Ti)

1 Like

Before raising population cap the performance must improve again. Currently in my 800 pop town fps are really suffering and the game is barely playable. I have a ryzen 3600X and a 6800XT and the fps in the most crowded areas are under 30 at 1440p…but both cpu and gpu utilizations are really low (gpu sits under 40% utilization).

1 Like

I have 1000 population with no issues.

I am waiting on more stuff to do, rather than more population.

yes i felt the same… it lacks more like dragging image and struck kind of movement…

Arborists replant trees only in Work Area, but harvest outside of it - is it intentional behavior? It would be cool if they replant all the trees they were ordered to plant initially. I mean they are known slackers anyway and have plenty of free time :wink: