Thematic Inconsistency - Inquistor Rounds Passives

First of all, let me preface this by saying I have not actually bought Ashes of Malmouth yet - I only own the base game, so if any of this is wrong, I apologize. I will buy the DLC packs eventually, I just havent yet.

One thing I noticed while poking around the DLC classes is a bit of a weird variance in the design of the inquistor passives for elemental rounds. The skills in question are Bursting Round, Chilling Rounds, and Storm Spread. Here is the wiki page for easy reference.

There are a few things I want to call to attention here.

First off, one small nitpick is that I think the plurality of the skills should match - Bursting Round should be changed to Bursting Rounds or Chilling Rounds should be dropped to Chilling Round.

Second, I think it is a little strange that Bursting Round has Physical as one of the damage types instead of Piercing - the Inquisitor class seems to have an identity built around Piercing damage (one example being Ranged Expertise), and Bursting Round is the only skill in the entire mastery that does physical damage instead of piercing - maybe that is an oversight?

Lastly, I would love to see burning damage added to Bursting Round, only because the other two elemental-based round skills have damage over time as well. I don’t really have any other reasoning besides that, so if burning damage was intentionally left off as a design choice, that is fine and I can just be unhappy with that choice :slight_smile:

That’s all I got. Thanks for reading.

Bursting round is a single big shot. Chilling rounds is a series of three shots. No inconsistency there.

2 Likes

I feel like most Bursting Round items/builds are Fire with Phys to Fire conversion rather than Pierce to Fire.
It makes it more suitable. Piercing + Fire is more a Demolitionist thing.
https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/skill-modifiers/2121
https://www.grimtools.com/db/search?query=%2F\%2B.%20to%20Bursting%20Round%2F&in_description=1&exact_match=0

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.